CAN/US custom 39mm Cards Mold small GB - Production completed (1 Viewer)

If another gb goes with this distributor again (Anita) I will be in for some 43mm at their price

I posted this over in the mailroom thread but might as well post here as well.

Props again to @Pinesol13, incredibly well packed. Did it come in those styrofoam squares from china? Never seen them before but they work really well!

Overall I love how the chips came out. A few gripes: the colors aren't nearly as bright as I would have hoped, when you're working with a Seahawks theme you want that really bright neon green. But these colors still work, they just feel more like old school hawks colors.

For my set I first was just going to do a straight clone of star-lite high denoms as a tournament set. But I love the seahawks and these are custom so I figured why not redo the 25 to be more on theme for me. @JeepologyOffroad also had a custom made 5k chip he designed which is glorious and fits right in.

After that I was like... well these are so cheap and I've had custom chip ideas for years, why not try some of it with the cash chips. So I last minute, like 2 days before design/count cutoff came up with a cash set and with Jeeps help got it rendered in illustrator.

For those that don't know, this is the original starlite lineup. They are the dopeness:

starlites.png

My art comp:
hawklites.png

How they came out:

PXL_20210329_212617130-01.jpg

The cash:
I host a .25/.50 game so the majority of the pots will have .25s 1s and a few 5s in there. I tried to really drive home a PNW seahawks vibe with the low denoms since they would be in play often. I was using their uniforms as my color pallet:
1617130579342.png

1617131687325.png

I took the original starlite 1 and played around with all the different base/spot color combos with those colors and settled on what you see. I thought about going with wolf grey spots on the frac but thought they might be too light to stand out.

From there it was a mad rush of picking out chips I love but cant afford to finish the set as the deadline was lurking and jeep had lots of orders to help illustrate.

For the 5 I wanted to simulate one of my favorite chips, the PCA 500. I think it came out great!
1617131012993.png
1617131608699.png

The 20 I wanted to clone the Empress Star $20, however Jeep didnt have the tri-mold template yet and wasn't going to be able to create an accurate one in time. But he did have a 4 moon so I took that and added some purple, I think the purple actually looks best of the spots in the end result. In retrospect I prob should have used a color that stood out better against the 5s, yellow red and blue in both chips. But the spot patterns are so differnt I don't think there will be much of a dirty stack issue.

1617131303913.png
1617131629455.png

The 100 was a clone of the iconic Binions 100, throwback to World Series of Poker past. This one came out amazing! I wish I had just used this as the 100 int he tournament set as I'd love to play with stacks of these on the table vs them just sitting in a rack for the off chance I ever play a high stakes cash game in the future :D
1617131486721.png
1617131650988.png

Anyways, to the pr0n!!! (please ignore the bad lighting on the shots, gonna reshoot with better camera and lighting later and create a thread for these bad boys)

PXL_20210329_221043170-01.jpg

PXL_20210329_221054790-01.jpg

PXL_20210329_221442440.MP-01.jpg

Tournament set:

PXL_20210329_222707575-01.jpg

PXL_20210329_222732025-01.jpg

They did a pretty good job on the edges, barely any alignment issues. They will show the most on the bearclaws but worst Ive seen is off by maybe a mm.

PXL_20210329_223417919-01.jpg

I think the purple $500 came out amazing, one of my fav chips. The 1ks are unfortunately much more red than orange IRL, however they still work great and look good.

I like the feel of these chips and for the price, you really can't beat it!

If I wanted to do an add-on to get more chips, how would I go about doing that?

I posted this over in the mailroom thread but might as well post here as well.

Props again to @Pinesol13, incredibly well packed. Did it come in those styrofoam squares from china? Never seen them before but they work really well!

Overall I love how the chips came out. A few gripes: the colors aren't nearly as bright as I would have hoped, when you're working with a Seahawks theme you want that really bright neon green. But these colors still work, they just feel more like old school hawks colors.

For my set I first was just going to do a straight clone of star-lite high denoms as a tournament set. But I love the seahawks and these are custom so I figured why not redo the 25 to be more on theme for me. @JeepologyOffroad also had a custom made 5k chip he designed which is glorious and fits right in.

After that I was like... well these are so cheap and I've had custom chip ideas for years, why not try some of it with the cash chips. So I last minute, like 2 days before design/count cutoff came up with a cash set and with Jeeps help got it rendered in illustrator.

For those that don't know, this is the original starlite lineup. They are the dopeness:

View attachment 666546

My art comp:
View attachment 666547

How they came out:

View attachment 666554

The cash:
I host a .25/.50 game so the majority of the pots will have .25s 1s and a few 5s in there. I tried to really drive home a PNW seahawks vibe with the low denoms since they would be in play often. I was using their uniforms as my color pallet:
View attachment 666560
View attachment 666594
I took the original starlite 1 and played around with all the different base/spot color combos with those colors and settled on what you see. I thought about going with wolf grey spots on the frac but thought they might be too light to stand out.

From there it was a mad rush of picking out chips I love but cant afford to finish the set as the deadline was lurking and jeep had lots of orders to help illustrate.

For the 5 I wanted to simulate one of my favorite chips, the PCA 500. I think it came out great!
View attachment 666576View attachment 666589

The 20 I wanted to clone the Empress Star $20, however Jeep didnt have the tri-mold template yet and wasn't going to be able to create an accurate one in time. But he did have a 4 moon so I took that and added some purple, I think the purple actually looks best of the spots in the end result. In retrospect I prob should have used a color that stood out better against the 5s, yellow red and blue in both chips. But the spot patterns are so differnt I don't think there will be much of a dirty stack issue.

View attachment 666583View attachment 666591

The 100 was a clone of the iconic Binions 100, throwback to World Series of Poker past. This one came out amazing! I wish I had just used this as the 100 int he tournament set as I'd love to play with stacks of these on the table vs them just sitting in a rack for the off chance I ever play a high stakes cash game in the future :D
View attachment 666586View attachment 666592

Anyways, to the pr0n!!! (please ignore the bad lighting on the shots, gonna reshoot with better camera and lighting later and create a thread for these bad boys)

View attachment 666596

View attachment 666597
View attachment 666599

Tournament set:

View attachment 666600

View attachment 666602

They did a pretty good job on the edges, barely any alignment issues. They will show the most on the bearclaws but worst Ive seen is off by maybe a mm.

View attachment 666606

I think the purple $500 came out amazing, one of my fav chips. The 1ks are unfortunately much more red than orange IRL, however they still work great and look good.

I like the feel of these chips and for the price, you really can't beat it!
Love your sets. I agree on the colors not being as vibrant as you’d like. My orange looks like it’s been left in the sun for a few years. And my yellow has a green/lime tint. Other than that very nice for the price

Love your sets. I agree on the colors not being as vibrant as you’d like. My orange looks like it’s been left in the sun for a few years. And my yellow has a green/lime tint. Other than that very nice for the price
This is my biggest concern with this new vendor. I LOVE how fast they were able to get the chips produced and shipped to @Pinesol13 But let's be honest, which is more important, speed or how good the chips look that you'll probably own for your lifetime?

I really wish I had my entire set in hand, but the 4 chips I do have show some great colors. Especially my yellow T1000 with dayglow tiger and dayglow peacock edge spots. I'd rather wait a few extra months to get these colors than get chips fast that don't pop like these do. Hopefully very soon someone will be posting some direct comparison photos of chips from this GB along side chips from the @SeanGecko GB.

20201214_224417.jpg

This is my biggest concern with this new vendor. I LOVE how fast they were able to get the chips produced and shipped to @Pinesol13 But let's be honest, which is more important, speed or how good the chips look that you'll probably own for your lifetime?

I really wish I had my entire set in hand, but the 4 chips I do have show some great colors. Especially my yellow T1000 with dayglow tiger and dayglow peacock edge spots. I'd rather wait a few extra months to get these colors than get chips fast that don't pop like these do. Hopefully very soon someone will be posting some direct comparison photos of chips from this GB along side chips from the @SeanGecko GB.

View attachment 666669
I saw the picture first and was thinking.....oh no 5000 chip....well alright the rest of the chips look great. Hopefully the next box arrives tommorrow.

I saw the picture first and was thinking.....oh no 5000 chip....well alright the rest of the chips look great. Hopefully the next box arrives tommorrow.
I wish! My order was supposed to all be in Batch #1 from last year. But UPS lost an entire box! Good thing is it only had my chips in it so no one else was effected. Remainder is being re-made and coming in Batch #4. So still in China, I think.

I wish I ordered a set of the color pinwheels from this manufacturer. Does anyone have any idea what the cost would be if we tried to order just these? It would be 25 quantity of 8 different designs, so 200 chips total. Would it be worth it, or should we wait until the next group buy to include these?

I wish I ordered a set of the color pinwheels from this manufacturer. Does anyone have any idea what the cost would be if we tried to order just these? It would be 25 quantity of 8 different designs, so 200 chips total. Would it be worth it, or should we wait until the next group buy to include these?
Oh man, that would have been very useful!

I used the color pinwheels from the other manufacturer (Tina), assuming they would at least be close. But there are some major differences, particularly with the blues and greens.

Maybe @SeanGecko can give us a ballpark idea of what it would cost to order just 200 chips....?

I used the color pinwheels from the other manufacturer (Tina), assuming they would at least be close. But there are some major differences, particularly with the blues and greens.

Maybe @SeanGecko can give us a ballpark idea of what it would cost to order just 200 chips....?
I'm in for a set of color wheels from manufacturer #2. Another idea - What if several of us from GB#1 submitted one chip design that was already produced by Tina. So pick your best looking single chip from your set, and get one roll produced. I would love to see how my T1000 chip would turn out from the other producer. Maybe get 6-8 of us to submit a design? Then we would truly have some direct comparisons of chips, in addition to the color wheels.

Some chips to consider would be the Casa Mangos, Viva el Donkeys, Arias, New China Club, one of the Vegas Poker Series tributes and any of the other designs with bright, vibrant colors. This would also bump up the size of the order to help spread out the shipping costs.

I'm in for a set of color wheels from manufacturer #2. Another idea - What if several of us from GB#1 submitted one chip design that was already produced by Tina. So pick your best looking single chip from your set, and get one roll produced. I would love to see how my T1000 chip would turn out from the other producer. Maybe get 6-8 of us to submit a design? Then we would truly have some direct comparisons of chips, in addition to the color wheels.

Some chips to consider would be the Casa Mangos, Viva el Donkeys, Arias, New China Club, one of the Vegas Poker Series tributes and any of the other designs with bright, vibrant colors. This would also bump up the size of the order to help spread out the shipping costs.

also a good idea! There are 3, maybe 4, chips from my order that I'm not 100% happy with, because of my color choices. But I think they would look very different from Tina's manufacturer based on the color wheels.

If there's another group buy with Tina I would order about 500 chips with these designs.

also a good idea! There are 3, maybe 4, chips from my order that I'm not 100% happy with, because of my color choices. But I think they would look very different from Tina's manufacturer based on the color wheels.

If there's another group buy with Tina I would order about 500 chips with these designs.
Check with Sean. If you're not making changes to your art, he may let you add them to his batch #5 that he's putting together right now.

I'm pretty sure the other manufacturer's chip mold chips have glossy edges, they would stand out when mixed with the matte edges from these chips.

I'm pretty sure the other manufacturer's chip mold chips have glossy edges, they would stand out when mixed with the matte edges from these chips.

Ah, another good point. I sent samples of my chips to @Eloe2000 , when he gets them and does the photo comparisons it'll be interesting to see the difference between the two.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they printed the exact same, and I'm just an idiot with double the amount of chips I don't like :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Post up a pic of your actual chip lineup and then a pic of your artwork. I'd be interested in seeing how close / far off they came.

Post up a pic of your actual chip lineup and then a pic of your artwork. I'd be interested in seeing how close / far off they came.

I'll do that when I get home from work. For my cash $1 chip, the blue is a lighter, almost slightly dingy looking blue, it was meant to be a nice medium blue.

Then three chips in my tournament set have edgespots that are very close in color to the main chip color, so they disappear.

I'll do that when I get home from work. For my cash $1 chip, the blue is a lighter, almost slightly dingy looking blue, it was meant to be a nice medium blue.

Then three chips in my tournament set have edgespots that are very close in color to the main chip color, so they disappear.

So far I think my colours should be fine. I'd be in for a single roll of $25,000 chips if this supplementary order happens
.....otherwise I think I have enough:)

Edit added the $25,000 chip I want and can't afford on CPC because it a level 10 or 11 edgespot..... hmm only 25chips.... I wonder If David would let me add just 10 of these to my CPC Sloth set given that there months away anyway,,,,,,hmmmm I better sleep on it.

724f03a2-a86c-49c1-a2b8-ae7087a8dd16.png

Last edited:
Has anyone posted any comparisons yet between these chips and similar chips from Sean's GB? I saw the one from @TunnelMoney comparing the WSOP tributes, but those were 43mm vs. cards mold. I thought I would see some comparisons by now. Let me know if I missed one. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom