Buying a Poker Table (3 Viewers)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
With some much going on right now, I think I am going to have my table built. I been talking to Tony Bishop from Diamond Poker tables over the last few months. He has been very helpful in providing me the info to build my own table (before he started offering table plans) so I think I am going to give him my business if the price is right.

Well, I just placed a deposit down for my table. I'm stoked! Here are the spec:

55" Round Elite (2 in 1) Table
- No racetrack
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- No cup holders[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- Matte black OR black carbon fiber vinyl (Haven't decided yet - waiting for samples)[/FONT]
- Upgraded Metal base with foot rail (matte black powder coated)
- Chrome Upholstery Nails with card suit embossing
- Suite Speed Cloth - Side 1 Color (TBD)
- Suite Speed Cloth - Side 2 Color (TBD) (Waiting on suited speed cloth color samples)

8ecbe72b0cc2fca61895f55f7c1b7043.jpg

You can check out Tony's tables here: http://www.diamondpokertables.com

Sounds good. From what I've seen, building your own table can become a long-term job, and having one done professionally (or from a very talented non-pro) is the way to go.

Thanks, the nice thing about this model table is that I can have two different color playing surfaces. Say green suited speed cloth on one side and black suited speed cloth on the other. Un-bolt the rail, flip, bolt the rail back down. :)

I decided to get the led/raised rail upgrade today. Here is a pic of it. My table, that is being built, will almost be like this one but with no cupholders.
I'll will also have a reversible top. I may go with this blue ssc, and a green ssc on the other side. :)

cf8b2523cb4d4a58d8938affa32629ca_t9ea.jpg bottom.jpg

Wow...that looks like a an awesome table! I like it with the no cup holders too. Keep the drinks off the table and you won't have any accidents. How long until you get it?

That table looks great.

Do you mind if I ask you how much you paid for this gem?

That table looks amazing, but I think you should build it with the cup holders. I'm looking to buy a poker table myself, and eventually several of them.

I'll check out that Diamond Poker Tables you've mentioned in the original post.

Wow...that looks like a an awesome table! I like it with the no cup holders too. Keep the drinks off the table and you won't have any accidents. How long until you get it?

About 4 to 6 weeks. Probably closer to 6 weeks since I have not picked my ssc colors yet.

That table looks great.

Do you mind if I ask you how much you paid for this gem?

A pretty penny! ;) All of Tony's price are posted on his website. My table is the Elite (2 in 1) with some upgrades. His workmanship and customer service is the best I've seen and had.

That table looks amazing, but I think you should build it with the cup holders. I'm looking to buy a poker table myself, and eventually several of them.

I'll check out that Diamond Poker Tables you've mentioned in the original post.

I got no cup holders because I want to keep the drinks and food off the table. No accidents.

Decisions, decisions....hmmmm
I need to pick two colors.

DSC00505.jpg

Funny the way I think but I'd get felt that does not blend with the most commen chips you use. Like if you play mostly cash games then I wouldn't use a red felt as a red chip is used most.

I got it narrowed down to this 5 swatches (3 colors). 3 of them are mini-suited speed cloth and is growing on me. On the mini, the suits are more realistic and not shaped funny like on the regular ssc.

IMG_0595.jpg

I get to pick two since it's reversible.

Niiiice! Yeah the suits look stretched out and elongated on the regular suited speed cloth. I'd probably do something dumb like use one side for tournaments and the other for cash games.

I've always wanted a raised, lighted rail table. Very cool and Diamond's tables look awesome!

Glad to see you were able to get a table from a builder closer to home Tommy.

I like the colors you chose, classic for a poker table.

Glad to see you were able to get a table from a builder closer to home Tommy.

I like the colors you chose, classic for a poker table.

Thanks... over the border was just a little too far shipping cost wise :)

I would go with a green and black combination. This is basically just a personal preference so there is no real "reason" for it asuch. It looks like a great table by the way! I wish I could get something like that. When my friends come round, we just use the dining table. Even if I bought something like yours, I would have nowhere to put it unfortunately.

My table is about 3 weeks out... some build pics from Tony.

photo (6).jpg

photo (5).jpg

I asked Tony to take his time as my basement is being re-modeled right now. But it's getting close to completion.

My reversible top waiting for the padded rail to be installed....

blue.jpg

green.jpg

My table is done and will be crated and shipped soon!

photo (1).jpg

My table should be here by this Fri or Sat. Unfortunately it may stay crated until the basement is finished. I might set it up in the dining room with the glass table top on it and put our current table and chairs in the garage. LOL

I don't think she'll go for that though but I'll try! :)

Got the poker table today! I set it up in the dining room temporarily until the basement is done. I did not want to leave it in a hot and sometime humid garage all summer.

Top notch quality! Bolted the base on and it felt really solid. This table will last a lifetime for sure.

Couple of pics I took with my phone....

photo (3).jpg

photo (5).jpg

photo.jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo (1).jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom