Busted out first in home tournament.....waiting on cash game. AMA! (1 Viewer)

What chips are being used for the tournament? Cash game? Pics or it didn't happen.

What chips are being used for the tournament? Cash game? Pics or it didn't happen.
20220813_185202.jpg
20220813_200415.jpg

How many gummy bears will you be eating during our PHL challenge ?

And, what table will see the most action…420 or the big boy table ?

How many gummy bears will you be eating during our PHL challenge ?

And, what table will see the most action…420 or the big boy table ?
2 max. Never take more than 2.

The outdoor 420/cigar table will absolutely see more action.

Action being defined as "bro,.it's your turn" and "what game are we playing"?

It's literally your tournament.
And I hate it.
Same here. Given the choice, I will take cash over tourney every time.

Worst way to go out? Lose all in to set over set on flop or dominate all in pre only to get popped by runner runner?
And this is why.

I take a bad beat or a cooler in a cash game, big deal - I get stacked and I rebuy. The same hand happens in a tourney, and I've just wasted hours of my limited poker time throwing away money that I can't get back.

I understand that in the long run, ROI for a good tourney player can be as good or better than that of a good cash player. You expect to bust out of a lot of tourneys, but one decent score makes up for it, and one big score can be life-changing.

Week to week, though, I'm an amateur who just doesn't have the poker time to ride that variance out. I'd rather grind a reasonably steady winrate as a cash player, knowing that when something catastrophic happens, I can just buy in again and get it back.

Same here. Given the choice, I will take cash over tourney every time.

And this is why.

I take a bad beat or a cooler in a cash game, big deal - I get stacked and I rebuy. The same hand happens in a tourney, and I've just wasted hours of my limited poker time throwing away money that I can't get back.

I understand that in the long run, ROI for a good tourney player can be as good or better than that of a good cash player. You expect to bust out of a lot of tourneys, but one decent score makes up for it, and one big score can be life-changing.

Week to week, though, I'm an amateur who just doesn't have the poker time to ride that variance out. I'd rather grind a reasonably steady winrate as a cash player, knowing that when something catastrophic happens, I can just buy in again and get it back.
1660509076963.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom