Bounty. (1 Viewer)

mic

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey all. Newer to hosting at my place. How exactly do bounties work and should they be implemented to house games in your guys ( and girls ) opinions ? Thanks in advance !

We always use a $5 bounty in our tournaments; usually a total of $25 for the buy-in. It adds a bit of fun, and the extra incentive to knock people out seems to make the play a little more aggressive.

Bounties work as a bonus when someone is knocked out. Everyone starts with a bounty chip (we sometimes use special "Bounty" chips and sometimes just use a $5 chip that can be added to the player's stack at the cash game afterwards) which is given to the player who knocks them out.

For example, if I knock you out then I get your bounty chip, so I now have 2. If someone else knocked me out, I would give them one bounty chip. I would have lost my $20 buy-in but would get paid $5 at the end of the tournament.

I hope this helps!

Perfect that’s what I figured from eveything I’ve gathered online just wasn’t sure if it was that simple but sounds it. Thanks a lot ! Take care

I like the bounty to be 1/3 of the total buyin.

I also like to have a freezeout (no rebuy) tournament when using bounties.

Reactions: mic
I like bounties with rebuys, and that includes another bounty chip.

One fun variation if your players like the almighty gamble: $5 scratcher ticket bounties. They can be loads of fun if someone gets to scratching a winner!

I've also seen some neat mystery bounty schemes, but they kind of fly over my head. If your players like the standard model, maybe look into some variants down the line for added fun.

I like bounties with rebuys, and that includes another bounty chip.

The thing is that when I play rebuys, I allow either one rebuy or one addon.

If you are left with, let say, a stack of 200 (in an initial stack of 30000) and we are at the last moment where to rebuy/addon, you'll take an addon but keep your bounty while another player who lost his entire stack will get another bounty. I don't say it's not good, but personally, I don't feel this very consistent.

Reactions: mic
Thanks for the input everyone, I’ve done some more research and will start applying some different bounties from time to time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom