Board Gamers Poker Chip Interest Thread (5 Viewers)

Would I buy my blanks now or do I wait for more information about Abcgifts if I want some custom labels?

Would I buy my blanks now or do I wait for more information about Abcgifts if I want some custom labels?
You can buy the blanks - I think ABC will have them once Apache sends the artwork to them. Cost is about $.15 per label plus shipping.

I just tried and worked for me. Had to click "View Cart"

Shipping however comes up at $114.30 - I thought this was to be capped at $85?
Hi mate,
Send Josh an e-mail direct and he will get it sorted. I got some on the first run. How many are you getting?

Hi mate,
Send Josh an e-mail direct and he will get it sorted. I got some on the first run. How many are you getting?
Josh did sort it out - easy peasy. :tup:

Ended up sharing orders with 2 mates and we split a few rolls to give each other spares - I grabbed a set of 500 plus spares for 18xx, and then topped up by 475 to fill out a poker set and ended up with 1023.

Has anyone heard whether the "mid-July" shipping start date is still looking good? Excited to see these!

Hi, I placed an order for these a few weeks back but never got an email confirmation. I tried using the site contact form as well as the Gmail address and got no response. I'm just trying to make sure the order went through.

Yeah, I'm reaching the point where I'm contemplating disputing the charge on my card and trying again, but I'd rather avoid the headache for both parties.

I can't find a solid 400ct case without a card well (these are mainly for board games so I don't need them). Any recommendations? I'm debating between buying a 500ct case or figuring out how to make a custom one out of those pelican style cases that seem to be so popular.

And does anyone have experience with this 500ct wooden case? I like it because of the removable trays, but I worry about fragile latches and weight compared to aluminum or plastic.

I can't find a solid 400ct case without a card well (these are mainly for board games so I don't need them). Any recommendations? I'm debating between buying a 500ct case or figuring out how to make a custom one out of those pelican style cases that seem to be so popular.

And does anyone have experience with this 500ct wooden case? I like it because of the removable trays, but I worry about fragile latches and weight compared to aluminum or plastic.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052YG32S/ is the case I just got, which is quite similar to a 400 chip case I got for my Majestics a year ago. The slots will hold about 54 (Majestic) chips each, so about 432 chips (my current case is full of 440 Majestics).

@Apache how is the thickness on the Bank chips compared to the Majestics?

They are just a little bigger than Majestic.
IMG_9347.jpg

I dont play 18xx. But in a similar vein, a set of CPC customs for the board game Splendor would rock!

I would want to see solid, inlaid chips. A complete set would consist of 40 chips:
--7x white (dismond)
--7x red (ruby)
--7x green (emerald)
--7x blue (sapphire)
--7x black (onyx)
--5x yellow (gold coin)

Could make for an interesting group buy.

Got my chips, and the look great! I'm very much a poker chip newb though, and ordered this case which had good reviews:

https://www.discountpokershop.com/versa-games-500pc-deluxe-poker-chip-case-gray-p-655.html

But as I started to put the chips in, they seem too large for the slots which seem made for smaller diameter chips, so the stacks are all bunched up together. I could jam them in I guess but it doesn't seem right or good for the chips. The case says for "standard size" chips, but I guess these are bigger? The product page didn't give any measurements of the slots so I'm not sure how I would have known. I guess I will need to return this, unless anyone here has some tips or maybe I'm doing something stupid.

Note that this requires Bud Jones boxes which are impossible to find.

Note that this requires Bud Jones boxes which are impossible to find.
Nope! That’s only if you’re going above 400 chips. It works perfectly with 400 and regular racks. Just put a sheet of card (or acrylic in my case) between the bottom two layers of foam.
16491CB0-CF4D-4DBB-9161-67DF2AE1CA72.jpeg

5AB11364-EA38-4A66-AD0B-0537D61808DB.jpeg

Just wanted to say that these chips are absolutely fantastic! They were exactly what I was looking for in a board game chip and I’m so glad I took the risk and bought these. We used them this weekend for a bunch of games and my whole family loved them too.

Is there a deadline for ordering more or will these be available for awhile? I’d like to play with these with a bunch of different games and see what I need to top off my collection. I’m a chip newbie and coming up with a breakdown of denominations gave me a lot of headaches lol!

As promised:

E692543A-61C2-4488-AD0F-52A370BF7EA3.jpeg

28A7F2AA-6226-4D7C-90DA-605D12246E1D.jpeg

56CC9015-D877-4A06-8285-DFB8AF709A33.jpeg

This isn’t the perfect solution yet though. The trays are tougher to get out than I would like and the chips don’t sit perfectly uniform in their trays. I might be stuck with tough to remove trays because I’m not willing to compromise on case size much more, but anyone know of tighter fitting trays (and are there drawbacks to tighter trays)? Pic below of what I mean.

01A205A9-C325-4242-8000-E90D65817256.jpeg

As promised:

This isn’t the perfect solution yet though. The trays are tougher to get out than I would like and the chips don’t sit perfectly uniform in their trays. I might be stuck with tough to remove trays because I’m not willing to compromise on case size much more, but anyone know of tighter fitting trays (and are there drawbacks to tighter trays)? Pic below of what I mean.
chipco racks are a tight fit.

Not in Canada, but my package just started moving again after almost a month without updates. Yay!

1597321524060.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom