Tourney Blind Joe's Poker Night of the Living Dead: Zombie Outbreak Tournament (1 Viewer)

Blind Joe

Two Pair
Reaction score
1. FB-01.jpeg

Hosted my second annual Zombie Poker tournament on Saturday and it was another great night. We were 6 handed - 4 players hadn't played the Zombie Tournament last time around, including one player who was brand new to the group. They had all read the Zombie specific rules beforehand on Facebook but we took some time before the tourney started, as we always do, to make sure everybody is familiar with the specifics for the night.

Tournament Details
Buy in: £15

Bounties: none

Starting Stack: T10K (100BB)

Rebuys: 1 per player during levels 1—6. Remaining chips must be surrendered if not bust. If bust, rebuys must be made immediately to remain in the tournament.

Zombie Outbreak
1. If you rebuy you come back as a zombie with an extra 5k - this represents the strength of fresh zombies.

2. If you get bit by a zombie (beaten at showdown) you turn into one (you can get a T5k zombie boost but you have to pay £5 for it) - this represents the danger of encountering a zombie.

3. A zombie in the small blind position has to pay it twice (once as the blind and once as an ante). This represents the decay of zombies over time and forces them to be aggressive, as zombies should be.

Blinds
20201012_180527.jpg

Bonuses
20201012_180140.jpg

1. Dead Man's Hand - win with A8
2. Number of the Beast - win with 666
3. Texas Holdem Massacre - Bust 2 or more players at once

Pics below have been edited to preserve anonymity in this time of Big Brotherly "community spirit"

20201012_084936.jpg

Dead Man's Hand was claimed first by our new member.

20201012_084857.jpg

Texas Holdem Massacre was claimed by our regular LAG/Donkey/Mad as a Box of Frogs unpredictable loveable rogue

The tournament

The first Zombie was resurrected early on after one of our donkey was busted halfway through Level 3 (not unusual, he still raises 90% of the time no matter what cards he's holding). Not long after that 2 more players resurrected after the Donkey Zombie busted 2 players (including myself) simultaneously, both of us choosing to rebuy.

Another Zombie was resurrected after I busted the new guy in Level 4, who then rebought, and that was how the Zombie/Human balance remained (4/2) until Level 8 when 3rd place (who was still human) was busted after the rebuy period and therefore eliminated.

That left a human and zombie heads up, with the human having a decent chip lead. When he was beaten in a hand by his zombie opponent, thus becoming a zombie himself, he chose not to purchase the optional T5k boost due to the size of his stack. This could have been a mistake as he eventually went on to finish 2nd. My personal choice would be to always take the add-on since the zombie bleed will soon take it's toll and if you win you're essentially getting your money back, but I suppose being in the money already he figured he'd take his chances.

All in all a good night and one I look forward to. I like my way of going about it and think it incorporates Zombie lore with some logical changes that spice up the game just enough without changing things too much either.

A couple more pics

20201008_190834.jpg

20201012_084748.jpg

Stupid COVID. I'd be up for the game otherwise.

$1200 plane ticket to play in a £15 tournament? Yeah. :cool
Yeah covid has definitely ruined this year in more ways than one, lots of my group have had to shield due to vulnerable family members so haven't been to a single game all year, I had to cancel one game altogether when we went into full lock down, and even when restrictions have eased those players who have come have been cautious about the judgment of others so have asked not to be posted on any social media. There's a lot of people on high horses out there!

I don't know what it's like where you are but right now we are back to very strict restrictions. Not allowed to visit any other private house, not allowed to see any other people, and I'm hearing of police visiting homes because neighbours have informed on them of they've had any sort of gathering :cautious: It's all a bit Orwellian right now.

In my state it's being pushed to deny the existence of COVID. Mask requirements have been dropped, despite more daily cases than before the lockdown. It is an election year though, and there is a real belief among some, that COVID is just a hoax to get one politician thrown out of office.

The lengths you crazy Brits go to just to rig our elections. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

In my state it's being pushed to deny the existence of COVID. Mask requirements have been dropped, despite more daily cases than before the lockdown. It is an election year though, and there is a real belief among some, that COVID is just a hoax to get one politician thrown out of office.

The lengths you crazy Brits go to just to rig our elections. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I've seen some of the crazy conspiracy theories you guys have come up with, and we have our fair share over here too

The thing is, despite our government being the most inept of my lifetime, once they finally listened to the experts and emulated successful foreign governments we were starting to get control of it and should have continued and even gone stricter imo.

But they were desperate to reopen businesses and schools. Whilst I disagreed initially with both, businesses handled it well and put all the measures in place that they needed. Schools, on the other hand, immediately became a hotbed of transmission. Kids just don't social distance and aren't very good at hygiene. Within weeks, every single school in my area had confirmed cases and entire classes and even years were being sent home to isolate.

The government have decided the solution is to keep schools open but shut pubs and other non essential businesses, which isn't having any effect. The town I work in went into lock down a couple of months ago and when the lock down lifted it hadn't had any effect at all, because kids were still at school mixing and transmitting it while the adults were locked down. And now they've decided to do this pretty much nationwide. You're literally not allowed to visit any other private dwelling, and if you do your neighbours will grass you up to the police! It's a shit show.

@Blind Joe , I hope this isn't totally cheeky, but do you have a copy of this that I could print? I recognize you must have put some work into it so if you don't want to I understand. I'm just running a tourny this week with a similar format.

20201012_180527.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom