PCF Giveaway Blades Sample Set Giveaway (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
blades-1776-chips.jpg

Win a Blades sample set.
  • Includes the 10, 25, 100, 500 chips
  • 1 x Dealer button
  • 1 x 007 chip
  • Giveaway is open to all PCF members with 50+ posts.
  • Free worldwide shipping!
Many thanks to PCF member @Phantom for providing the prize for this giveaway.

Thanks and good luck to all!

raffle-tickets.png

Blades Sample Set Giveaway

What's the story of this chips?
Hi Casamada,

I am a James Bond fan, especially the Ian Fleming novels. There is a fictitious gentleman's club in London called - Blades. The club was established in around 1776. There is 5-star cuisine, ornate surroundings and some of the highest gambling in various games such as; Poker, Bridge, Chemin-de-fer, Backgammon and other card games. I wanted to create a set that reflected the elegance, but also the conservative nature of such a club. The simple, muted colours and spots have meanings based on elements of the Bond novels. The 'M' Dealer Button is a gimmick really. Bond is sent on various missions by M, all over the world and sometimes they go well, and sometimes they just don't. Bond represents the chips and cards, while 'M' represents the 'dealer' who sends them all out, and then rakes them back in, and then sends them out again .... no matter the result.

The '007' chip. The idea came to me one day as I was tinkering with the design. It represents the gun barrel sequence at the start of the Bond films, when the blood flows down. The half-pie was perfect for it, and after getting the gradient and flow just right, I asked CPC if they could (never in doubt of course) ensure the alignment of a small run of chips to capture the right effect. Once again, CPC helped realise the design vision, as they have for countless others, and will continue to do so. Due to the exacting nature of this work, there was only a limited run of the '007' chip compared to the others. However, apart from this sample give-away set, the Blades Sample Set & Sundries thread has 6 more Blades sample sets (with 007) available - should one 'dip out' on this offer.

Good luck mate.

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited:
Hi Casamada,

I am a James Bond fan, especially the Ian Fleming novels. There is a fictitious gentleman's club in London called - Blades. The club was established in around 1776. There is 5-star cuisine, ornate surroundings and some of the highest gambling in various games such as; Poker, Bridge, Chemin-de-fer, Backgammon and other card games. I wanted to create a set that reflected the elegance, but also the conservative nature of such a club. The simple, muted colours and spots have meanings based on elements of the Bond novels. The 'M' Dealer Button is a gimmick really. Bond is sent on various missions by M, all over the world and sometimes they go well, and sometimes they just don't. Bond represents the chips and cards, while 'M' represents the 'dealer' who sends them all out, and then rakes them back in, and then sends them out again .... no matter the result.

The '007' chip. The idea came to me one day as I was tinkering with the design. It represents the gun barrel sequence at the start of the Bond films, when the blood flows down. The half-pie was perfect for it, and after getting the gradient and flow just right, I asked CPC if they could (never in doubt of course) ensure the alignment of a small run of chips to capture the right effect. Once again, CPC helped realise the design vision, as they have for countless others, and will continue to do so. Due to the exacting nature of this work, there was only a limited run of the '007' chip compared to the others. However, apart from this sample give-away set, the Blades Sample Set & Sundries thread has 7 more Blades sample sets (with 007) available - should one 'dip out' on this offer.

Good luck mate.

Cheers,
Adam

Great story behind this chips and amazing work on the design! I will be glad to buy on of the sample sets! the 007 chip is pure genius.

Last edited:
Excellent. I have a nephew whose online nickname is Blades. If I don't win I will hopefully be able to pick up a sample set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom