SOLD Black Friday Sale (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I follow. Pricing for everything, with exception of the $1ks, is in line with previous sales. Given that the $1ks are limited to only 2% (vs. 5% in a lot of previous sales) should tell us that there aren't that many at all and the price reflects that.
The $1 chips are a lot more expensive than the Grands, which were a lot more expensive than the HSIs. For sure.
I imagine these will still sell out quickly, so the trend is barely worth discussing. But don’t act like prices aren’t going up.

Pricing that will keep flippers at bay
Prices that will keep regular guys looking for a 3-4 racks of $25 and $100 on sideline and back in classifieds. As good as the $25 look at $2.50 I’ll pro pass and $100 at $3.

Only real deal is the snapper at snapper price. But can’t buy 2000 for 2 racks of them.

Gonna have to sit this one out. It’s either poker chips or miss my colleges biggest rivalry game so we all know the correct decision on that one. Good luck to all who participate!

Not sure I follow. Pricing for everything, with exception of the $1ks, is in line with previous sales. Given that the $1ks are limited to only 2% (vs. 5% in a lot of previous sales) should tell us that there aren't that many at all and the price reflects that.
Not sure if you reading the same previous sales as me thou since inflation just mean a raise in price :unsure: but I believe you

That aside, I think the biggest change that I dislike is the % on the $5 dropping from 40 to 30.

It is going to hurt the accessibility of getting a 500 chip set of

$1 x 200
$5 x 200
$25 x 80
$100 x 20

like past usual sale. You will be committed to buy 667 in order to order 200 $5 in the first hour

So one will need to get extra $1 used (basically at face value :rolleyes:) in order to hit the 667 requirement

The $1 chips are a lot more expensive than the Grands, which were a lot more expensive than the HSIs. For sure.
I imagine these will still sell out quickly, so the trend is barely worth discussing. But don’t act like prices aren’t going up.
Comparing the set I tried for and missed out in for the IG vs the same count here, the price is a full 27% higher. Whether that is because the supply is smaller or thr demand is bigger. I don't know.... but if Jim sells out then he's still selling below market. If he sells most but not all then he's at market. Thanks Jim for bringing these to us at a fair price.

Comparing the set I tried for and missed out in for the IG vs the same count here, the price is a full 27% higher. Whether that is because the supply is smaller or thr demand is bigger. I don't know.... but if Jim sells out then he's still selling below market. If he sells most but not all then he's at market. Thanks Jim for bringing these to us at a fair price.
Ha! It would take a lot of thinking to remember the last time demand wasn’t through the roof - I think he can count on selling out quickly until further notice.
But as for this sale specifically, I’d bet that the supply is smaller AND his costs have increased. I’m not complaining about it or thanking him. It is what it is.

It seems to me that quantities for this sale are less than other sales like HSI, but, yes, going back to those sales, it's an increase on previous sales.

Still, it's under $2 for brand new Paulsons in 2022 and these will still sell out in minutes. Can you really blame Jim??

Looks like unch ’ to +25% (2x on the 1k) to me compared to the IG sale, which was priced higher than the last one. Wasn’t commenting on wether it’s fair or not (my opinion is irrelevant anyway lol), just an observation

Not sure if you reading the same previous sales as me thou since inflation just mean a raise in price :unsure: but I believe you

That aside, I think the biggest change that I dislike is the % on the $5 dropping from 40 to 30.

It is going to hurt the accessibility of getting a 500 chip set of

$1 x 200
$5 x 200
$25 x 80
$100 x 20

like past usual sale. You will be committed to buy 667 in order to order 200 $5 in the first hour

So one will need to get extra $1 used (basically at face value :rolleyes:) in order to hit the 667 requirement
Just add a few $500 chips instead

Just add a few $500 chips instead
Not sure if a few $500 chips will help when u short of 167 chips thou

Or are u suggesting to get 100 $5 and getting 1 $500 chip to just Make up the bankroll.

That’s not a good idea as a full table will need a good amount of workhorse chip to play smoothly which 200 is already the minimum requirement for a lot of people

Not sure if a few $500 chips will help when u short of 167 chips thou

Or are u suggesting to get 100 $5 and getting 1 $500 chip to just Make up the bankroll.

That’s not a good idea as a full table will need a good amount of workhorse chip to play smoothly which 200 is already the minimum requirement for a lot of people
No I just misread your post and did bad mathing...

Hmmm, choices...

1668887699107.png

Will the chip quantities for each denomination be revealed prior to the sale? For example - Which $2.50 chip has higher quantities - new primary or secondary? Just curious.

Will the chip quantities for each denomination be revealed prior to the sale? For example - Which $2.50 chip has higher quantities - new primary or secondary? Just curious.
No, not before the sale. In the past, totals are posted after everything is sold.

Would love to see some pre-assembled cash sets and/or tournament sets available for sale. My fat, slow fingers will NEVER allow me to assemble what I need in a timely fashion. I gave up even trying a long time ago.

pretty sure, 1-5-25-100 would be doable. but i agree, it would make it alot easier for people.

Would love to see some pre-assembled cash sets and/or tournament sets available for sale. My fat, slow fingers will NEVER allow me to assemble what I need in a timely fashion. I gave up even trying a long time ago.
I'd be very surprised if you cant get a cash set relatively easily here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom