SOLD Black Friday Sale 2023 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have to have a PCF account to make a purchase? I have friend who is looking to buy and can access this thread and already has a PayPal account. Does he need to make a PCF account?
Maybe the technical answer is no, but if he wants to sell his set later on down the road to acquiring a mint THC set for 15x the cost he will need an account!!

Please make sure the address in your PayPal account is correct. It is very difficult to change this after the sale.
I want to warn everyone about a potential PayPal issue that has bitten me twice and can be incredibly frustrating and confusing when you run into it.

In my PayPal settings, under the section "Account" and sub-section "Addresses", there is a single address listed. It is labeled "Primary", and I recognize it as my correct address. There are no other addresses listed in that or any other part of my settings.

But the last two times I purchased from Jim, he was given an address from PayPal that I haven't used in years. it turns out that there might be "hidden" addresses that you can neither see nor manage. From the linked PayPal Community post:

HOWEVER, they did tell me that, although I have only my current address in my profile, PayPal automatically generates "hidden" (his words) addresses that I've used in the past to display as shipping options during the checkout process. In my case, the address that appeared at the top of the list (in other words, the DEFAULT address) was in fact the OLD address. Huh? What's the point of having a manageable address list that I can't manage?

The worst part about this (aside from, you know, all of it) is that you won't know whether you are affected until you make a purchase through a merchant, at which point you can only hope to alert the merchant before your item gets shipped. Alternatively, you can reach out to PayPal and hope that the customer support rep knows what you are talking about.

If you have made TCR purchases to your current address, then you likely have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if you have used PayPal with other addresses but have not made a recent or TCR purchase, it might be worth a call to PayPal.

3) Some items will sell out within the 1st minute, so prioritize your purchases. Since the Chip Room is gracious enough to combine purchases, grab your main item first, check out and go back for additional items. (example: If you want a set and a couple decks of cards, buy your set 1st and place another order for the cards) That extra time can be the difference between getting your set or not.
One of the rare case where this tip is applicable. Usually there’s a percentage limit with a big bold warning that using multiple orders to circumvent the limits will be refunded, no exceptions. :)

When the sale goes live and you click the link for the DJ 25T chips, do you enter the quantity you want, like 120? Or are they sold in a stacks of 25 like most online stores and I order 5 for 125 chips?

When the sale goes live and you click the link for the DJ 25T chips, do you enter the quantity you want, like 120? Or are they sold in a stacks of 25 like most online stores and I order 5 for 125 chips?

Usually, if it's priced per chip (like they are in the OP), then you buy in exact quantities you want.

For example, if you want a rack, buy 100. Five racks? Enter 500. If you want exactly 78 for some reason, you can buy that many if you choose.

How do I ensure my PayPal cart is empty from previous sale items? in previous sales other items that I didnt buy in pre-previous sales were still in the cart and had to be deleted before I could proceed to buy current items which slowed things down......are there any links to check and clear in advance?

How do I ensure my PayPal cart is empty from previous sale items? in previous sales other items that I didnt buy in pre-previous sales were still in the cart and had to be deleted before I could proceed to buy current items which slowed things down......are there any links to check and clear in advance?
Use this link from a previous Chiproom sale, scroll down to the Tropicana Evansville primary sets, and there's still links that are live. Click one and it will bring up the cart. Just dont forget to clear all items.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/black-friday-sale.97257/

My sugar reading Thursday morning = 123. This morning = 320. :wow: Gonna hit the tennis court hard this morning. Probably for the best I'm not home to participate. I've been on the fence for a Trop cash set but I really really need to exercise this morning coupled with a Tina set coming in, I'm bowing out of my first TCR black Friday sale. Good luck everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Good catch and correction, thanks. I didn't notice that the 1Ks are only in the T25 set. Not planning on picking any of these up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom