BLACK FRIDAY FLASH SALE: NEVADA JACK SKULLS (3 Viewers)

This is why we can’t have nice things. The HILARIOUS part you ask?

Someone puts the same used chips up for sale and we tag the complainer, and he says why’d you tag me? I don’t want these?

You complain about an A plus vendor and their way of doing business, specifically bitching about not having a deal made availble to you, and you weren’t even interested!? Some people think just because they can type something in he internet, they have something meaningful to say. Phuck off. Thank god I wrote this before drinking.

Edit: thank you gene for everything. One of the first people I interacted on here, legit made my heart warm and fuzzy.

Edit 2: Gene is so gangster, he’s the only one to like complainers comments. Class act unlike me.

Too many ungrateful, self-rightous crybabies that want everything spoon fed to them. Life isn’t fair. Get over it.

Thank you Gene for all that you do!

@DoubleEagle @BarrieJ3

Read the thread again. Not a single self righteous crybaby in this entire thread.

there was some feedback and questions about the sale. That’s it. Some of you guys are making it out to be way more than it is.

highward asked a question, but re-interated how good of a vendor abc is. I also made a comment, obviously not negative but mentioned the negatives of these flash sales, but also that i didn’t understand the industry.
It’s feedback. As a business owner I always welcome it. And Gene, from my short experience on this site, handles it with humor and snark.

No one bitched.

@DoubleEagle @BarrieJ3

Read the thread again. Not a single self righteous crybaby in this entire thread.

there was some feedback and questions about the sale. That’s it. Some of you guys are making it out to be way more than it is.

highward asked a question, but re-interated how good of a vendor abc is. I also made a comment, obviously not negative but mentioned the negatives of these flash sales, but also that i didn’t understand the industry.
It’s feedback. As a business owner I always welcome it. And Gene, from my short experience on this site, handles it with humor and snark.

No one bitched.
In defense of Gene here, this isn't really a business decision as it as helping the community out giving us amazing deals during the holidays. He don't need to "flash" sale for quick cash, he's doing it to put smiles on a few lucky people to score nice chips.

In defense of Gene here, this isn't really a business decision as it as helping the community out giving us amazing deals during the holidays. He don't need to "flash" sale for quick cash, he's doing it to put smiles on a few lucky people to score nice chips.

yep, I can tell by his posts that’s the case. All I wanted to explain was the psychology behind these types of sales and the negative affect it can have.

Take me for example, I really wanted a DDLM set. After missing out on the sale there’s this feeling of being annoyed you’re paying 25% more than you “could” have. It’s like being slightly tilted. It didn’t stop me making my order Last week, but it gives you a bit of a strange buyers remorse. That said, I’m a big boy so I made my order at full retail regardless.

It was just feedback, not meant to be negative at all. I still made an order and I’m pumped about it.

People are jumping all over this like it’s a huge deal when it’s not. BF is over anyways. Either way it’s not worth my time arguing with people about it. I’m excited to get my order from @ABC Gifts and Awards.

and if guys are wondering why gene likes posts that were “criticizing”, maybe you’ll see that they were all talking about how great a vendor abc is.

This is why we can’t have nice things. The HILARIOUS part you ask?

Someone puts the same used chips up for sale and we tag the complainer, and he says why’d you tag me? I don’t want these?

You complain about an A plus vendor and their way of doing business, specifically bitching about not having a deal made availble to you, and you weren’t even interested!? Some people think just because they can type something in he internet, they have something meaningful to say. Phuck off. Thank god I wrote this before drinking.

Edit: thank you gene for everything. One of the first people I interacted on here, legit made my heart warm and fuzzy.

Edit 2: Gene is so gangster, he’s the only one to like complainers comments. Class act unlike me.
I really don’t need to respond to this, because I have explained everything clearly in other posts. Not that you care. But to clarify ...

I could have gotten the second of the two brpropoker discount codes offered, but although I want a custom ceramic set at some point, I wasn’t ready to buy the next day. And I didn’t feel it was right for me to claim it and give the code (or sell it) to someone else. Unlike others, who grabbed a code for someone else.

Then, yes, I wondered out loud why a vendor - who I said was an awesome vendor by the way - would offer a potentially massive discount to a tiny number of people as opposed to helping many people. The vendor responded, and I was fine with the explanation and made no further comment.

As for the classified ad, I am not interested in Nevada Jacks. I never said I was interested in Nevada Jacks. So I asked why I was tagged. This did not involve you in any way. Yet you feel the need to call me out and attempt to bully me online. Nice try, but I can handle your tough guy internet attacks.

@DoubleEagle @BarrieJ3

No one bitched.
And here I just tried learning stuff my first month on here. Huh.

Thanks Gene! Amazing tourney set arrived today. Hopefully the cash set comes tomorrow. I’ve always wanted a set of these. Great sale. And I took full advantage! These are even better in person than I thought they’d be. Details are fantastic. They stack great!

AE0E740B-317F-4C8B-B241-EBA1E3984C8D.jpeg

...yes, I wondered out loud why a vendor - who I said was an awesome vendor by the way - would offer a potentially massive discount to a tiny number of people as opposed to helping many people.

Because this is still (for the moment - allegedly) America.

Meaning, it's Gene's business, & his money. He can do with it whatever he wants. I don't recall ever getting a guarantee life, poker, or anything else for that matter would be fair. You're not in Kansas Berkeley anymore Toto Snowflake. Life can get tough out here in the big, bad, real world Cupcake... my advice... wear a cup.

This is a poker forum & someone wants fairness??? Really??? So the next time you win a pot because you sucked a two-outer on the river you'll give it back, right?

And they wonder why some feel that America has lost it's edge.

You want fairness, join a commune. Then let me know how you like having misery spread equally.

Because this is still (for the moment - allegedly) America.

Meaning, it's Gene's business, & his money. He can do with it whatever he wants. I don't recall ever getting a guarantee life, poker, or anything else for that matter would be fair. You're not in Kansas Berkeley anymore Toto Snowflake. Life can get tough out here in the big, bad, real world Cupcake... my advice... wear a cup.

This is a poker forum & someone wants fairness??? Really??? So the next time you win a pot because you sucked a two-outer on the river you'll give it back, right?

And they wonder why some feel that America has lost it's edge.

You want fairness, join a commune. Then let me know how you like having misery spread equally.
You good?

Me? Absolutely!.... No whining at my table.... you lost, get over it... move on... next hand.
Sounds like a fun time … we like to hear the bitching and moaning so that we can pile on when it (inevitably) happens again. We have fun at our game.

Is Hillary a regular at your game?
I like that you make an enormous assumption about my political affiliation based on a post that has nothing to do with politics. You couldn't be more incorrect. But by all means, keep calling me a snowflake and a cupcake. You're not doing anything to hurt my feelings, and you are just showing everyone here that you're a douchebag.

As an aside, your user name fits you to a "T"

No assumptions.... other than throwing out the biggest whiner I know.... that and you were the one that posted... well...

QUOTE: "...potentially massive discount to a tiny number of people as opposed to helping many people."

If you don't like being characterized as Cinderella, don't try on glass slippers.

Making comparisons of a discount on poker chips to economic policy impacting hundreds of millions of people is moronic. Dix.

Last edited:
everyone else got over this weeks ago. let’s just let it go.

Last edited:
It worked... regardless of the timing.

& who said you had to bother reading it?.... or reacting... maybe it's you that needs something better to do. :D

It's called projection... don't try to compete with Cinemark. They have you woefully outnumbered.

It worked... regardless of the timing.

& who said you had to bother reading it?.... or reacting... maybe it's you that needs something better to do. :D

It's called projection... don't try to compete with Cinemark. They have you woefully outnumbered.
You had a perfect set up there to wait for two weeks before your comeback, would have been great meta humor! I'm a bit disappointed now. :-( That would have been so much better, both for the quality of your response and for the readers of this thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom