BLACK FRIDAY FLASH SALE: NEVADA JACK SKULLS (1 Viewer)

Would be a lot better for the masses to give a smaller discount to everyone (maybe even a specific PCF discount code?) than a huge discount to 2 or 3 people who happen to be online at the time. Just sayin’

Don't agree...i'm happy they scored.
Same for the TCR BF sale...not enough for everyone, so you got to be lucky sometimes (don't we all ?)
I heard that good juju en karma helps...creating negativism doesn't ;)

Thanks again @ABC Gifts and Awards...would have jumped on this deal if I wasn't late to the party.
Everyone should have at least one ceramic and one sunfly set

Not sure how my comment creates negativism, but whatever. Making an observation doesn’t mean I’m being a hater. These “first two to respond” flash sales are just like the classifieds. Unless you’re online 24-7, you miss out. Alienates the masses. Better goodwill would be created with even a minuscule 5% discount to all.

Same for the TCR BF sale...not enough for everyone, so you got to be lucky sometimes (don't we all ?)

Thanks again @ABC Gifts and Awards...would have jumped on this deal if I wasn't late to the party.
Agreed. I’m happy to miss out on most things, just saves you money for the next nice deal.

Adding to Thomas’ comment, vendors do what they can for us and what works for them. I think you missed ABCs release of tens (hundreds?) of thousands of CC chips to the community pretty recently that led to plenty of people having a cheaper semi custom option.

My small win got a non technology savvy local his first set - originally wanted ddlm but pretty lucky to start with ABC/BR ceramics regardless.

I’m not singling out ABC, either. They are an awesome vendor. I’m not a Black Friday fan in general when it means you need to camp outside the store at 3am in order to save a little cash on a TV. Normal sales are much more meaningful to the general public.

Right! I got a sweet discount on Gene’s other sale thread and it pushed me to place an order for a set of Dia de los Muertos. I was going to wait till after the holidays but the discount was so generous I upped my order and made it happen now.

Thanks Gene!!

Would be a lot better for the masses to give a smaller discount to everyone (maybe even a specific PCF discount code?) than a huge discount to 2 or 3 people who happen to be online at the time. Just sayin’
My plan was to do absolutely no Black Friday deals this year. Our orders backlog is way too long to be doing deals when we're backed up like this. Figured it would be fun to do a few crazy good deals as a thank you to the community. I did it knowing very well that some people wouldn't like this.

As someone that’s been watching these and just ordered ddlm’s yesterday I’m not super pumped about these deals. But I makes sense.
I will say in some ways it makes me slightly less excited about my order knowing I missed out on 25% off when I have crazy shipping and currency costs. But I won’t hold it against ABC. I personally wouldn’t do it with my business, but I don’t deal in retail like this so I won’t pretend to know the ins and outs.

@youknowwhoyouare

why.png

Feedback has been heard...there will be no more Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals from us.

Thanks,
Gene

Sorry to hear Gene...but don't get worked up by some nitwit's comments...99% of the active members know how good you have been for us and don't forget that.

Happy Holidays

Gene, I for one am so very grateful for all that you do for the chipping community. I understand it’s annoying when the noisy minority do not appreciate this. Big love to you, Kristil and the rest of your team. You’re superstars!

PS, I’ll be ordering some more DDLM customs this week :)

I don’t understand this logic of this criticism or when people buy something and get mad at a retailer when it goes on sale a week later.

Thanks for offering fun sales Gene! I hope they continue.

Last edited:
Feedback has been heard...there will be no more Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals from us.

Thanks,
Gene
You haven't heard the official feedback yet from SDS (Scrub Donkeys of Sweden) of which I have the honor of being Chairman.

After much deliberation, our official position is:
These flash sales rock so keep 'em coming, don't listen to haters and please buy your furniture from IKEA.

Hey, that was constructive feedback from a couple of guys. And before you all get too worked up, I did just order a bunch of shit from these guys myself. Not to mention Black Friday is over anyways and any sales would be unlikely going forward.

but, still. Well played Gene, definitely had me laughing with that comment

Last edited:
Not sure how my comment creates negativism, but whatever. Making an observation doesn’t mean I’m being a hater. These “first two to respond” flash sales are just like the classifieds. Unless you’re online 24-7, you miss out. Alienates the masses. Better goodwill would be created with even a minuscule 5% discount to all.
I disagree completely. I can't afford more chips but if I was quick enough for deep discounts like this I could snap buy. I appreciate what Gene is doing for those in my situation. If money don't matter they would already have these chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom