Black Diamond Ranch Set - 25, 100, 500 and 1k (1 Viewer)

With or without edge spots?

• Opt. 1

• Opt. 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pinball

Full House
Reaction score
Opt. 1

q1.png
q2.png
q3.png
q4.png

Opt. 2

r1.png
r2.png
r3.png
r4.png

Inlay might be this:

chip.png

What do you prefer? without spots (Opt. 1) with spots (Opt. 2)

Any chip colour advise?

I will draw one sample set among all good inputs.

Spots for sure.

As for colors - they are fine but my personal preferences would be:
25 - green
100 - white or orange
500 - blue or yellow
1000 - pink or purple

I'm just picturing your chips with pots full of red, white and blue and think it would look kinda boring. I like brighter louder colors - but that's just me.

Either way, I like where it's going and I'm digging the label direction and having he denominations on the chip itself.

I love Matsui chips. Your inlay will look really good on these. GL with your design! :D

Yellow 25
Violet 100
Lt Tan 500
Red 1000
?

These should make avoiding dirty stacks easy and have a lot of contrast when splashed.

Also... no edge spots? I've been playing with their designer a lot and really like their CC320-D pattern.

I _MAY_ attempt to run a Matsui group buy for tourney chips sometime next year, and might opt for some non-standard colors.

I think that the colours must also match the theme. I will rethink the whole colour choice.

Yeah, hard for me to visualize the chips without seeing the inlay in place. Plus, not sure of the feel you are going for. I always tend to lean towards bright colorful tourney chips.

I like the mock you have in post 11 best, though I worry the grey on the 25 is too light. One shade darker?

Do you have a color sample kit? Might be helpful to actually see the chip colors in person rather than relying on the screen representation.

Matsui has them for $36... though shipping from Korea is $80 more (at least it was for me to Texas).

I got the colour kid for free. But coulors start to change a bit. All orange types look now more or less the same (18, 19, 20)

Is there a reason you're forgoing edge spots?

Also, if I was spending the coin on Matsui, and given the plethora of standard denomination chips, I would make mine a super high roller set with non denom 25k, 100k, 500k, 1MM.

I agree with Darson on the edge spots question. I know many would disagree with my mindset, but I've never been a fan of solids.

Is there a reason you're forgoing edge spots?

Also, if I was spending the coin on Matsui, and given the plethora of standard denomination chips, I would make mine a super high roller set with non denom 25k, 100k, 500k, 1MM.

I already have a high roller set.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/black-diamond-ranch-high-limit-set.26898/page-2

I agree with Darson on the edge spots question. I know many would disagree with my mindset, but I've never been a fan of solids.

I really like solids and the high roller set has already edge spots. I want a different Matsui set.

I have to say, your SHR set you link is one of the most beautiful sets I've seen and solidifies my drive to get a Matsui set of my own. It'll come in the form of a 2019 group buy.... probably regular tourney denoms.

Just a bummer that Woody isn't available for inlay artwork. He did yours as well as my Dragons and I'd love to employ him again.

last option. But think about going purple/violet on 500 and using lemon on 1k chip

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom