SOLD Black Cat Club Halloween chips v2 & v3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slisk250

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Last year a couple new Halloween chips were designed for the Black Cats. These will be the last versions made. Proceeds will benefit the Dhahran Kennel Club.

Each winner receives 2 chips, one of each. Top 5 bids pay the same price as bid number 5. Sixth highest bid is the first loser. On to the chips -
FCCDAACC-70EB-4002-A0E6-45DAE532F185.jpeg
A592EF16-52B2-485B-B13E-A7EDC315EEC7.jpeg
F1BE28F3-51BD-48E6-9566-EB82E32D658E.jpeg

1. STARTING BID: $10
  2. Bids must be placed using numbers (no images), in whole dollars, and in minimum increments of $1
  3. NO RESERVE. The Starting Bid of this auction will be treated as the Reserve Price.
  4. All bids are to be placed openly in this thread. No bids via PM/Conversation.
  5. No bid edits or bid retractions permitted. (note: ALL edits are logged instantly)
  6. Auction will use the '5 minutes after last closing bid rule'. Highest 5 bids at high noon Denver time July 6th will win unless there is a bid within 5 minutes of closing time - then the closing time will be within 5 minutes after the latest bid was posted. A bid at the close time is NOT a valid bid. Since seconds are not displayed on post timestamps, these examples will be used as a reference.
  7. I reserve the right to: 1) cancel the auction if no bids have been made; 2) edit the listing to correct errors or clarify rules as needed.
  8. PCF (its Owner, Admins, and Moderators) are in no way responsible for any actions in this auction.
  9. Shipping Terms: buyer pays $3 conus
  10. Payment Terms: PayPal f&f
To be clear we have 5 identical lots to win. Top 5 get it for 5th highest bid.

Happy Halloween

Current bids through post 31
1. Coyote 33
2. BHB - 32
3. Cliff - 31
4. Aplusent - 30
5. 72o - 21
5. grantc54- 21

Last edited:
Top 5 bids pay the same price as bid number 5. Sixth highest bid is the first loser.

Just a quick question, are we all paying the highest bid, or is bid number 5 the fifth highest?

I am confused, why is the bidding lower?
minimum increments of $1

I think people are sometimes shooting under to get within reach of fifth highest. But wouldn't it be top 5 valid bids? I would think a valid bid has to be increasing in minimum increments of $1 - a backwards bid doesn't seem legit to me.

Edit: What happens with ties? In a normal ascending auction, there are no ties, but with backwards bidding, there can be ties. Do you take the first bid of that number, regardless of backwards or not? So number, then timestamp as a tie breaker?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom