Wanted Binion's Horseshoe WSOP complete sample sets (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenqibaima

Pair
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I want Binion's Horseshoe WSOP complete sample sets.

If you are preparing to sell, please contact me. Thank you all!
5e8e5a56568a7f429641068574ca6be8.png

I borrowed pictures from past threads above, thank you.

The price of these two years is indeed a bit expensive.

I don't know. How much does a set cost now?
Who knows? The $5, $25, and $100 are pretty common, and there are a lot of $1ks out there. What you’re really paying for are the $5k, $500, and $1 - those are the tough ones to get.
I auctioned a 5,25,100,500,1000 sample set here for about $200, two years ago, and that was really all about the $500 chip, which I’m sure has soared in value since.
I believe what @Colquhoun said about the cost of the $5k and I think the $500 would be similarly expensive, so you do the math.

Who knows? The $5, $25, and $100 are pretty common, and there are a lot of $1ks out there. What you’re really paying for are the $5k, $500, and $1 - those are the tough ones to get.
I auctioned a 5,25,100,500,1000 sample set here for about $200, two years ago, and that was really all about the $500 chip, which I’m sure has soared in value since.
I believe what @Colquhoun said about the cost of the $5k and I think the $500 would be similarly expensive, so you do the math.
Why are my favorite chips so scarce and expensive? Oh, no. Thank you for your answer.

And the other thing to keep in mind is this - these chips have a strange and shady history. If you shell out the big bucks for the rare chips, and racks of them suddenly appear on the market (as happened with the 5, 25, and 100, recently) you will have wasted a ton of money.

And the other thing to keep in mind is this - these chips have a strange and shady history. If you shell out the big bucks for the rare chips, and racks of them suddenly appear on the market (as happened with the 5, 25, and 100, recently) you will have wasted a ton of money.
Thank you very much for your kind reminder.

Sorry can't edit and misclicked. I was trying to say I've seen a lot of 5 / 25 / 100 for cheaper than expected on eBay recently. @upNdown is there already a thread on the history of these chips? (sorry newbie chipper)

Sorry can't edit and misclicked. I was trying to say I've seen a lot of 5 / 25 / 100 for cheaper than expected on eBay recently. @upNdown is there already a thread on the history of these chips? (sorry newbie chipper)
There are a few. Use the search function - with trial and error, you’ll find some good stuff. I’d try to summarize, but there’s plenty I’ve forgotten and even more that I’ve never known.

I had the T100 chip on eBay a couple years ago, and it had a $30 bid…then that whole vault thing happened. By the time the auction ended, the value had already started to drop because of the flood of these hitting the market. The buyer paid no problem, but if he had waited a week or so, the chips were going for half that.

I had the T100 chip on eBay a couple years ago, and it had a $30 bid…then that whole vault thing happened. By the time the auction ended, the value had already started to drop because of the flood of these hitting the market. The buyer paid no problem, but if he had waited a week or so, the chips were going for half that.
What size are they?

Just an informed opinion: It will be virtually impossible for racks of T500 and T5000s to "suddenly" appear on the market. Maybe on the T1s, and possibly on the T5/T25/T100s -- there are already a lot of them out there, and more will probably make it out. But I'm 99.99% sure that no new racks of T500 or T5000s will make it out.

Just an informed opinion: It will be virtually impossible for racks of T500 and T5000s to "suddenly" appear on the market. Maybe on the T1s, and possibly on the T5/T25/T100s -- there are already a lot of them out there, and more will probably make it out. But I'm 99.99% sure that no new racks of T500 or T5000s will make it out.
See, and this is why I didn’t try to tell their story - like anything interesting, there are always people who know a lot more details than me.

Did chan launch are T5000 chips? This is the video of wsop final in 1987. Long time ago, the video is blurred.

Screenshot_20220412_005344.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom