Found Big Top Poker, Sunset Beach, Empress Star, Aurora Star (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
m-i-r.gif

SB's, I think you mean Bean Town Poker's! In all seriousness, good luck with your search. They're all great chips and will empty the wallet. But who cares about money, right!? There were a couple ES cash sets that were just on sale over the last two weeks and one of them still has chips available I believe. Might be a good start there. BTP and SB cash sets are overpriced IMO.

Bean Town Poker 43mm IHC Cali Cash Set  (10).JPG

SB's, I think you mean Bean Town Poker's! In all seriousness, good luck with your search. They're all great chips and will empty the wallet. But who cares about money, right!? There were a couple ES cash sets that were just on sale over the last two weeks and one of them still has chips available I believe. Might be a good start there. BTP and SB cash sets are overpriced IMO.

View attachment 504864

They‘re certainly more expensive than the Boat chips, but keep in mind there were significantly more boat chips produced than either BTP or the SB chips if I recall correctly, which accounts for some of that.

View attachment 504864

Nicely done. Not sure I speak for others but the chips look better with those new labels than their originals.

They‘re certainly more expensive than the Boat chips, but keep in mind there were significantly more boat chips produced than either BTP or the SB chips if I recall correctly, which accounts for some of that.

Rule of supply and demand doesn't apply here because if people used their eyes properly they would be able to tell that the Empress Star chips look much nicer than BTP, no questions asked. Inflated beyond justification.

Yeah I get the scarcity, I just don't think a rack of BTP 1s for example are worth 700 when Kings 1s last sold for 400 a rack which are leaded shaped cali 1s and probably more scarce. Totally just my opinion though.

Yeah I get the scarcity, I just don't think a rack of BTP 1s for example are worth 700 when Kings 1s last sold for 400 a rack which are leaded shaped cali 1s and probably more scarce. Totally just my opinion though.

Even as a newcomer, I wholeheartedly agree. The label design is also lacking and I don't see how that holds up the price, low quantity or not.

That’s the beauty of the hobby. For me, personally, the BTP inlay is head and shoulders above the Star and SB chips. I’m also a sucker for the circus and bearclaws, so that kind of adds to it for me.

That said, the ESPT is arguably the nicest stand alone tournament set out there and the AS cash is stunning as well (in truth, I might actually like my AS set more than my BTP cash set when looking at the lineup as a whole... though it’s hard to beat the BTP fracs, $5 and $25... not to mention the $100).

The SB chips don’t do much for me personally in retrospect ($1 and $5 would be the exception) but I can see why people like them.

That’s the beauty of the hobby. For me, personally, the BTP inlay is head and shoulders above the Star and SB chips. I’m also a sucker for the circus and bearclaws, so that kind of adds to it for me.

That said, the ESPT is arguably the nicest stand alone tournament set out there and the AS cash is stunning as well (in truth, I might actually like my AS set more than my BTP cash set when looking at the lineup as a whole... though it’s hard to beat the BTP fracs, $5 and $25... not to mention the $100).

The SB chips don’t do much for me personally in retrospect ($1 and $5 would be the exception) but I can see why people like them.

Beauty in the eye of the beholder right here. I for one think that my 5 year old was partially responsible for the BTP label design. Did it without anybody knowing, not even his own dad. I'm just not a fan of a label where my eyes can't pick what to look at, never mind the freakin circus tent and all kinds of babble and independently colored letters. Just a shit show if you ask me lol

I think there's a limit where, unless you play with fellow chippers, there's no difference between an awesome THC rack for $200 vs something like a BTP for $1000+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom