BEST Paulson Solid-Color Chip for JACK DETROIT Nickels & Thousands, etc? - POLL (1 Viewer)

BEST Paulson Solid-Color Chip for JACK DETROIT Nickels & Thousands, etc?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey guys, if you're interested, I'm changing the plan for the small Jack Detroit set I'm building. I'll never have enough funds to make a proper tournament set and I'm working on building a small 10 person micro stakes cash set. I'll be relabeling snappers for quarters and I need to pick a good color for some Paulson NCV chips. If available I could use them as nickels and thousands and other future sets. Not sure I want to commit to a full relabeled nickel for the set. Feel free to write in a color if I don't have it listed. thought is it would have nice progression on both ends and also somewhat coordinate with the Jack Detroit with minimal risk of dirty pots. Open to silvers or greys, Also open to flat out picture posts with your votes if you know of anything that would be a perfect candidate. Thanks for your help.

Help me plug in a nice solid NCV that does the following.
  • Nice progression for nickel stand in
  • Nice progression for 1k stand in
  • Somewhat available on the marketplace as a solid NCV
  • Preferably a foil stamp NCV or sunburst, etc.
  • *you have 3 votes, change them as many times as you'd like. this poll does not time out. thanks.

1677537189696.png

I'll prolly be following up this poll with some sort of classified search for the right actual chip for the winning color/s Any pics and help with the design project would be amazing. Thanks guys.

This is a more project-focused poll based on the last pole I did regarding "Most Vibrant Color" that's still active here... https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/your-top-3-most-vibrant-paulson-colors.101075/

Sorry got back from 2 flights today. The solids that I’m thinking of, especially hot stamped or starburst, are going to be THC in an otherwise RHC lineup.

Personally while I think blaze looks great in any lineup especially since your hundo has a blaze spot and I know @doublebooyah85 has lots of blaze starbursts, blaze wouldn’t mix well with that red $5. I second the day blue choice.

I question why you’re going for a $1000 chip if you’re planning a microstakes cash set with nickels. I personally like a larger chip for $1000 and more complex spots than a solid would offer.

The solids that I’m thinking of, especially hot stamped or starburst, are going to be THC in an otherwise RHC lineup.
That’s ok I think. I’ve switched gears to nickels and 1k I can just use and abuse and not have to stress over if the labels match. I’ll reliable the quarters but I need to buy smarter since my budget is smaller. THC will work right? They’re just Nicole’s, I’m thinking unless I’m missing something.

And the 1k would be used in a budget T20,000 game same jacks or maybe secondary jack set. Looking for flexibility in a solid.

And welcome back.

Paris 2 relabel
That was the primary plan. Love it. I just don’t have the hobby cash or chips to trade to dedicate a rack to just jack Detroit micro cash nickels. This way I can use them for sash or tournaments.

However @DirtyTIVA has a point,,, tournaments you want your huge denominations with edge spots. I just need more money maybe.

I got Sea Green solids for my quarters, and love them. They would probably make a pretty good nickel too. They also match one of the spots in the hundo!
View attachment 1089261
Ok I’m adding Sea Green. Was going to add earlier but the Paulson photo looked terrible. Do you happen to have any primary hundos you could snap a good photo with? Would love to see. No worries. They look great with your chip set man thanks for the photo.

Are there RHC solids out there? What’s the story behind these solids? I’ve been researching starbursts but those are all THC right?
Rare, but they’re out there. Mine are Paulson advertising chips. I was fortunate that right after I got my set, there was an eBay seller, that had 3 lots of RHC advertising chips. Each lot had 120 chips; sea green, sky blue, and arc yellow. I grabbed the sg lot, and I know another PCFer got the sky blue. Not sure where the arc yellow lot ended up.
After that, Gear did a great job color matching the labels.

Results after one day.... Appreciate all the help. Not only is this crazy fun and way better than whatever's on Netflix right now but it's going to drive the Jack Detroit choice for NCV Solid color Nickels. Also loosely may be used as a 1k in a future Jack Detroit tournament set that I'm thinking might be all secondary Jacks and using a solid as a 1k could get me by for a while til I eventually relabel something with some spots. This is the only real set I have so this nickel solid NCV is a good strategy for me budget wise. So out of the top 3 here does this change your vote, pls check your votes and add in the comments and help me decide. Priority is the Cash set but would be nice to work with both. Thanks.

ps does anyone have any suggestions for RHC solids? links, pics, or sale offers are appreciated. Next step for me would be a future wanted add. Thx.

1st so far, matches the edge spot of the FIVE
paulson-day-blue-png.20322
1677637241333.png

A close 2nd place so far, Matches the edge spot of the FIVE
paulson-daisy-png.20317
1677637264393.png

A late add but currently 4th place.
paulson-canary-yellow-png.20309
1677637264393.png

Trailing in 3rd place by a lot so far.
paulson-arc-yellow-png.20298
1677637287064.png

Future Budget Tournament Set, with placeholder Paulson RHC Solid NCV 1k Chip. Any of these work ya think?
1677638360000.png
paulson-day-blue-png.20322

1677638379199.png
paulson-daisy-png.20317

1677638395147.png
paulson-canary-yellow-png.20309

1677638416308.png
paulson-arc-yellow-png.20298

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom