Best heavy duty bird cage for your chips (1 Viewer)

Granadol

Pair
Reaction score
I bought (2) of these bad boys. They are heavy duty and not put together with screws. They hold 1000 per without chip lids 800 with lids.

https://banksupplies.com/840-87880

Attachments

• 686D95C4-F2FF-44B1-8775-55AAC719B518.jpeg
    686D95C4-F2FF-44B1-8775-55AAC719B518.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 291
  • DC34CC85-D4A7-434A-8AC3-3963BEB1C530.jpeg
    DC34CC85-D4A7-434A-8AC3-3963BEB1C530.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 15B09F8C-7CEB-49F9-8B97-F7684704D02D.jpeg
    15B09F8C-7CEB-49F9-8B97-F7684704D02D.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 313
Quick question, does anybody who owns one of these have any Matsui/Apache racks? Will these hold them?

How does the bottom attach to the handle? Single molded piece? Screws sounds scary and prone to fatigue...just wondering how that was improved.

One single piece. Look at my 3rd picture. The thing is nearly indestructible. It is not made out of acrylic but is polycarbonate. It is really strong

Gotcha. Bottom was covered up by the caption. In for one!

will these fit the larger trays for the 43mm ceramic chips, they are a little longer than my other trays and will not fit in the birdcage that I have

They also have an 800 chip cage that locks. Super cool. Kinda pricey tho.

https://banksupplies.com/840-77880

It looks like the 8-rack cage with locks is actually the same size as the regular 10-rack cage. The locking mechanism takes up space in the cage where the 5th row of racks would go.

8-Rack Cage.PNG

Why you would ever need to lock up dice chips is beyond me though. :wtf:

So, I got a 6-rack and 10-rack of these bird cages. The quality is really great and super-sturdy. The only problem though is the plexiglass isn't quite tall enough. On both the 6-rack and the 10-rack cage, the plexiglass rests on top of the top row of chips, with about 1/4" gap at the bottom where it's supposed to rest in the outer groove. If I take the top level racks out, the cage fits perfectly snug in the bottom groove.

I am using regular Paulson 39mm chips and Chipco racks. Has anyone else experienced this?

So, I got a 6-rack and 10-rack of these bird cages. The quality is really great and super-sturdy. The only problem though is the plexiglass isn't quite tall enough. On both the 6-rack and the 10-rack cage, the plexiglass rests on top of the top row of chips, with about 1/4" gap at the bottom where it's supposed to rest in the outer groove. If I take the top level racks out, the cage fits perfectly snug in the bottom groove.

I am using regular Paulson 39mm chips and Chipco racks. Has anyone else experienced this?
Are you using with or without the lids. I can get (4) racks on each side with lids. I did not want to have them without but can check for you this afternoon.

Mine fit fine but using Paulson racks
05F3DE07-DDE3-412C-B229-EBD96E1E2E68.jpeg

Biggest issue for me is that it is two pieces and a lot of glue marks but you do not notice it when full. They also seem to slide around more than my other cages with standard base but maybe that is because of the extra width.
D2FF7FB4-1DBA-44F8-91C5-BD597382472B.jpeg

Mine fit fine but using Paulson racksView attachment 651868
Biggest issue for me is that it is two pieces and a lot of glue marks but you do not notice it when full. They also seem to slide around more than my other cages with standard base but maybe that is because of the extra width.
View attachment 651869
Yea. I remember thinking the glue marks were a defect until I get the second one. Certainty cant see it when filled.

Mine fit fine but using Paulson racksView attachment 651868
View attachment 651869
Is that permanent or is it just wet? Neither of my cages had anything like that.

It looks like the 8-rack cage with locks is actually the same size as the regular 10-rack cage. The locking mechanism takes up space in the cage where the 5th row of racks would go.

View attachment 646602

Why you would ever need to lock up dice chips is beyond me though. :wtf:

A bike or cable lock will give you room for 2 more racks without paying the lock premium and losing the space....... I have been using mossberg locks for my poker chip birdcage, They are a bit expensive but come with a free shotgun or rifle.

1615236137684.png

These racks look neat but a bit too expensive I can buy and break two regular birdcages for the cost of these. Polycarbonate would be nice though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom