Best Chip Case ? (1 Viewer)

KaePe

High Hand
Reaction score
I’ve tried several different chip cases and so many seem flimsy to me. I’ve even tried solid wood ones. I bought an empty slowplay one and it seems decently sturdy to carry around 500+ chips. What are y’all’s favorite?

I rack mine and they’re in the poker chest. I’m building a custom set for our son at college and will be looking at some sturdy cases that Home Depot sells and retrofit for foam to hold the gear.
BDA77515-8FB9-4E3E-B58B-DB5FDA9F7A26.jpeg

Last edited:
I rack mine and they’re in the poker chest. I’m building a custom set for our son at college and will be looking at some sturdy cases that Home Depot sells and retro for foam to hold the gear. View attachment 1106519
Love that idea! Also love those Bellagio chips. You get them from playing in Vegas? I’ve got like 20 of them but would love more denominations

Love that idea! Also love those Bellagio chips. You get them from playing in Vegas? I’ve got like 20 of them but would love more denominations
Thanks. Believe it or not the chest is vastly CC 8v Greek Key. Bottom right is a limit set I picked up here and I also have 3 700 chip sets for cash. Bottom left are our Claysmith Monte Carlos (soon to be retired). The Bellagios are 43mm Tina Card Mold from a group buy. I’m waiting on an add on to that set (.05’s and some more .25’s) and then we’ll rotate them in. Also, label order goes in today with Sticker Mule (there’s a very convincing thread about their product) for a set in the middle left somewhere. Artwork by @TheOffalo . That will be my workhorse.

I got the hutch top off of Craigslist for nothing and it sits on an antique buffet, also Craigslist also for nothing. I added the LED’s.

I am going to scope out those cases at Home Depot soon as another set goes back to college in the fall. They run between $40-60.

C5F1ACDF-3C0C-4692-BB3D-80D20AC3A341.jpeg

Outside of those Pelican/Apache cases (which are simply big shockproof padded boxes that people stick their racks in) most people agree that the Versa deluxe cases are the best. There’s a 500 and a 1000.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...sfHZ_Pn9AhXfSjABHVcLCqgQwg8oAHoECAYQDA&adurl=

Yep. Versa cases are the best. Although I can only endorse the 500 since that’s all I’ve owned. The 1000 looks great but that’s a lot of chips/weight in one case. Hopefully somebody with 1000 case experience can chime in. The Slowplay case looks pretty comparable to the Versa but have never handled that one either.

Anything over 500 I use the Apache. Got 1000 chips in this Apache 3800:

Top level:

C834A055-AD69-44A6-AFBE-0A00DF7DC4FC.jpeg

Bottom level:

85E9238B-D5F3-4E83-9A11-9133B11095EF.jpeg

Last edited:
So far my Versa 1000 case is holding up fine although it's generally just moved from closet to table not carried abouts. I was skeptical because it only has the 2 front latches and I still would prefer it have one latch on each side too but it seals snug all the way around (you can see it holding my Mirage Springs set in my Avatar). It holds WAY more than 1000. Each row holds an additional 7 chips and you could store chips in the 2 card deck cut outs and dice cut out. I currently have 1,130 chips in it.

Thanks. Believe it or not the chest is vastly CC 8v Greek Key. Bottom right is a limit set I picked up here and I also have 3 700 chip sets for cash. Bottom left are our Claysmith Monte Carlos (soon to be retired). The Bellagios are 43mm Tina Card Mold from a group buy. I’m waiting on an add on to that set (.05’s and some more .25’s) and then we’ll rotate them in. Also, label order goes in today with Sticker Mule (there’s a very convincing thread about their product) for a set in the middle left somewhere. Artwork by @TheOffalo . That will be my workhorse.

I got the hutch top off of Craigslist for nothing and it sits on an antique buffet, also Craigslist also for nothing. I added the LED’s.

I am going to scope out those cases at Home Depot soon as another set goes back to college in the fall. They run between $40-60.

View attachment 1106588
Those are sweet! I’m pretty new on here so I can’t group buy or post on for sale yet. Seen so many cool sets tho!

So far my Versa 1000 case is holding up fine although it's generally just moved from closet to table not carried abouts. I was skeptical because it only has the 2 front latches and I still would prefer it have one latch on each side too but it seals snug all the way around (you can see it holding my Mirage Springs set in my Avatar). It holds WAY more than 1000. Each row holds an additional 7 chips and you could store chips in the 2 card deck cut outs and dice cut out. I currently have 1,130 chips in it.
Shoot that’s incredible! That may be what I go with

With any storage case you buy (Apache, Strongway, Plano, Seahorse, Eylar, Pelican etc) you will need to do your own DIY to the foam (usually kaizen layered foam). There are some videos on YouTube like this but he's not so good lol

While I understand that having something like an Apache case for travel is good, I feel that poker chips are tiny works of art and need to be displayed as such. Whenever I see someone with a wall of Apache cases it just looks tacky to me.
Amen brother! Apache cases are ugly overkill wastes of space. I totally understand the desire to have like a modern day treasure chest protecting your chips. But unles you're tossing it in the back of a pickup, checking it on an airline, or legitimately concerned about a natural disaster hitting your house, they're just way way too much.

I would totally keep my chips in racks in the poker chest and move them into these awesome vessels to be morning of a session to have them ready for “the presentation of the chips.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom