Best Baseball Movie of All Time (1 Viewer)

You can only pick one...

• Total voters
Sugar is another excellent baseball movie
View attachment 675908
Thanks for reminding me of this one. It’s one of the movies I had been meaning to watch, but just never got around to.

It was partly filmed in Burlington, Iowa, where I live. Some of my friends went to the ballpark to be extras.

On a related, and rather sad, note—we lost our MiLB affiliation at the end of last year. There will still be baseball, but it will be a “wooden bat” college summer league team.

Thanks for reminding me of this one. It’s one of the movies I had been meaning to watch, but just never got around to.

It was partly filmed in Burlington, Iowa, where I live. Some of my friends went to the ballpark to be extras.

On a related, and rather sad, note—we lost our MiLB affiliation at the end of last year. There will still be baseball, but it will be a “wooden bat” college summer league team.
Northwoods league team coming or another summer wood bat league??

“Christ, Harris don’t start a holy war!”
The actor who played Harris lived in the suburb next to mine growing up and would mow his own lawn. Neighborhood kids would always yell quotes from Major League while riding by on their bikes, he was a good sport.

In no particular order here are my top 5...

Major League
Bull Durham
The Natural
Mr. Baseball
Moneyball

I have not seen the Ken Burns documentary which is something that will need to change.

Money Ball and it isn't even close. Honorable mentions - League of Their Own and Field of Dreams.

Major League
Moneyball
Sandlot

Had to look it up. Prospect League, apparently.
They should still have a pretty good product out there with cheap food and beer so give it a chance.
Fun fact, I led the Northwoods League in Strikeouts and Complete games in the summer of 2000. Played D1, Indy, South America, and Italy. Any other former players out there?

The Bad News Bears was a very important movie. It changed the landscape of little league baseball. It was not far from the way it really was back then. It also showed girls that they could do anything.

Bull Durham is the best baseball movie, but Bad News Bears is the best sports movie.

Bull Durham has the most authentic baseball dialog and nuances. Plus, it's the real nitty-gritty minor league baseball.

Bad News Bears has the classic underdog comeback story, but without the sappy karate kid type finish.

It's hard to explain, but that's my take.

(Side note: My step brother played for the Durham Bulls the summer that the movie came out. We went to see several games that summer. I even saw the movie in a Durham movie theater. The actual stadium was exactly like the movie, except the big bull sign in right field was actually in foul territory. It was moved to fair territory for the movie so that a home run would hit it and win a steak.)

They should still have a pretty good product out there with cheap food and beer so give it a chance.
Fun fact, I led the Northwoods League in Strikeouts and Complete games in the summer of 2000. Played D1, Indy, South America, and Italy. Any other former players out there?
I stopped playing when I could get to second base with girls...

Bull durham is easily my favorite; glad to see it's being well-represented here. I have a handful of others in the running for next best, but Bull Durham is the one.

At age 11, I struck out the formidable Jamie Meyer, quite possibly the best player in the Bellevue Little League.

Bull durham is easily my favorite; glad to see it's being well-represented here. I have a handful of others in the running for next best, but Bull Durham is the one.
All that said, I loved 42, and i'm 100% in love with this song (which ran during the credits of 42) and this photo-video IS BASEBALL

I know it’s not considered a classic, but I watch The Rookie every year, and it never gets old, for me anyway.

1618244283870.jpeg

I'm glad For the Love of the Game got mentioned. I guess I'm just a sucker for both baseball and Costner, but I love it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom