BCC Web Mold Riverboat V2 Cash Set (1 Viewer)

I prefer the darker yellow as well. However, it's not like either version looks bad:
View attachment 914481
View attachment 914482
View attachment 914485
View attachment 914486

View attachment 914487
View attachment 914488

Since I took the chips out, I figured I may as well take some splashed pot pics that I should've taken years ago. First, the foundation, since we only want to see chips:

View attachment 914494

View attachment 914496
View attachment 914499
And splashed pot!
View attachment 914502
View attachment 914503

View attachment 914504
View attachment 914505

View attachment 914506
View attachment 914507

View attachment 914508
In isolation, I think the lighter yellow is a better color.

In context of this chipset, the darker yellow is definitely a better fit.

This is embarrassing, but I feel the need to set the record straight. Remember how I said that I don’t have a multi table Riverboat Web Mold tournament set? It turns out I was mistaken.

I converted most of my poker chip storage to Apache racks a few months ago. This started with my plastic racks that were stored in stacks, because I was concerned about damage I’ve seen on some of my chips. Once I finished swapping my stacked Paulson and 66.7 racks for Apache, I set my sights on some of my BCC sets that live in cardboard boxes. It’s much easier to enjoy sets (while not in play) when you can see them! I had my boxes organized according to what set they belong to, or so I thought. When I got to the last five boxes I had to reorganize, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I do have a second Riverboat web mold tournament set after all. They were hiding in the back row of my chip storage, surrounded by another set.

I forgot many things during my break from chipping, and I apparently forgot about this set. I had a vague recollection of having a second tournament set, but I assumed this was just something I had planned on doing and never actually got around to. This tournament set was included in my spreadsheet where I entered approximate total counts for sets before my last move. However, the chips were not accounted for in my spreadsheet where I track the total of each denomination for my sets. I assumed that I made a mistake on my approximate total. I have no idea why I separated this set from the rest of my Riverboats. I have no idea when I bought them, where I bought them, or who I bought them from. I scoured my old emails but I couldn’t find any record of the purchase. However, the search was not a total loss, as I found an email from June of 215 in which Michael Patton provided the following totals for his remaining web mold Riverboat cash chips:

$0.25 x 779
$1 x 726
$5 x 596

The counts for the $0.25 and $5 chips exactly match what @RainmanTrail and I were able to purchase from Michael in 2016, and the count for $1 chips is one more than what we wound up with (unless one of us misplaced a $1 at some point). I no longer theorize that there could be a third, smaller set out there somewhere. It seems likely that my updated totals below encompass all the playable cash sets. I came across a pic from an old eBay auction that included at least one of each of the cash chips, and it looks like the $5 is the “old” canary yellow in the pic. It’s possible that there are other sample sets out there, but I haven’t come across them. I was also off by one $5 in my set in the original post. With these updates taken into account, the total number of BCC Web Mold Riverboat V2 cash chips that I’m aware of are:

$.25: 980
$1: 926
$5 (old): 443
$5 (new): 554
$5 total: 997

Total cash set chips: 2903

By way of apology for the earlier misinformation, here’s some photographic evidence of my “new” find:

IMG_5827.JPG

IMG_5829.JPG

IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5781.JPG

IMG_5783.JPG

1k.png

IMG_5800.JPG

IMG_5808.JPG

IMG_5807.JPG

IMG_5817.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

IMG_5824.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

Happy Halloween!

One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was trading off 1000 of the River Boat tourney chips for what is now garbage.
I think about it so often it is not normal.
At least I got them into a 3 table game.
They were sold only in lots & I bought 2.
Someone hand me a crying towel :cry:
IMO HPC's finest creation. I was not much into his themes, but this was (for me) the best.

I don't have a ton of sets these days. I sold off the majority of my collection and bought CPC customs instead. But one of the few sets I kept is the Riverboat web mold tourney set. They really are incredible chips!

river boats and speak easys, two sets I want, but will unlikely ever get the chance to own.

You guys can fight over Dibs that ain't happening... me, I just serch all the meet up threads hoping on day to see @EmptyPocs on the attendance list and crossing my fingers these will be a guest set!

So many amazing chips never get the appreciation they deserve from regular players that trully don't care as long as they have denominations... and to be fair many games out there are still running just fine on dice chips. Unfortunately those millions of chips have not made it into dumpsters like many of us here would hope... they still see the felt every damn day.

Anyways I look forward to the opportunity to see these beauties in person sometime.if not I will have to take @RainmanTrail up on his offer to visit Cali and He, @FordPickup92 and myself may have to have a 3 handed tourney with monster starting stacks! Haha

Someday Web Molds...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom