BCC Web Mold Riverboat V2 Cash Set (1 Viewer)

Split

Two Pair
Reaction score
Greetings PCF! As some have noticed, I’ve been in “hibernation” for a bit:

absent.png

When it’s been over four years since the last login and over four and a half years since the last chip bought or sold, it seems appropriate to return by posting some pics taken nearly six years ago. Some may remember that I picked up a 600 piece BCC Riverboat web mold cash set from @RainmanTrail, and I’m long overdue to post the pics. Contrary to rumor, I don’t have a two or three table tourney set of BCC Riverboats unless you were to get extremely creative (not in a good way) with chip breakdowns. However, I did double-check my Riverboats to make sure that I didn’t buy a tournament set that I forgot about! I only bought the cash set from @RainmanTrail; his tourney set went to @kecclest from what I can tell. I do have some tourney chips that I bought from @links_slayer in case they’re needed for cash games, but I didn’t otherwise pursue the tournament version of these chips back when they were available. That’s enough about me, on to the chips!

The chips were designed by Matthew Kett. The first cash set of these chips that I saw belongs to @ChaosRock, who found them on eBay. His set appears to have the “new” canary yellow from BCC, while RainmanTrail’s set has the “old” canary yellow. I exchanged some emails with Michael Patton on the subject, and he said the web mold Riverboat chips were all on a single order. This confirmed my suspicion that for some period you could wind up with two different versions of canary yellow on the same order placed with BCC.

You’re probably just here for the pics though, so here we go!

IMG_3971.JPG

IMG_3979.JPG

IMG_3981.JPG

IMG_3984.JPG

IMG_3988.JPG

IMG_3992.JPG

…does anyone else see something in the background of that last pic?

For those that might enjoy a soundtrack while viewing chips, I invite you to follow this link:

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_3999.JPG

IMG_4000.JPG

…but wait, there’s more!

IMG_4003.JPG

IMG_4007.JPG

IMG_4008.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4015.JPG

IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

So that’s my BCC web mold Riverboat V2 cash set. There's a limit of 20 attachments to this post, so that will have to be enough for now.

Between this set, ChaosRock’s set, and RainmanTrail’s sample set, I’m aware of the following chips in the PCF community:

$.25: 979
$1: 925
$5 (old): 441
$5 (new): 554
$5 total: 995

If @ChaosRock has any chips beyond the full racks in his pics, that would increase this count. This comes pretty close to 1k chips for each denomination, but there could be another set out there. I bought two sets from HPC, and @RainmanTrail bought at least one. The sets I bought were 678 and 700 chips large, and RainmanTrail’s set was apparently 721 chips. ChaosRock’s set is at least 800 chips. When I bought my sets from HPC, Michael said that he sold two of the four set available in less than a week. This was six years ago, and @RainmanTrail had just purchased his set. @ChaosRock had his chips for at least a year at that point. Unless the set @RainmanTrail bought counted as two, there’s probably another ~700 chip set out there. It’s possible that Michael ordered ~1200 of each denomination for the cash set.

That’s all that I know about the cash set. If anyone else has additional information, please feel free to chime in!

Whoa.....Easter resurrection :)

Just glad to see you back & doing well.
Awsome set, besides Travis & Paulo, I don't think there is another set floating around.

Please post your Protege snappers set too...and any other BCC grail set you want to share :)

BCC FTW !!

Ps. thanks for PM, will reply asap

@Potsie1

Welcome back @Split ! Great to see you around again...

Great pictures and background on those awesome Riverboats.

My set is still seating at 900 chips... I want to add one more rack of $25/$100 but I think I got all the bright yellow $5s from Michael Patton so unless I want to mix yellows, I'm done with lower denoms.

From what Michael told me, he made the Tourney set with the idea of selling them to the public but the Cash set was made for himself, so kinda small. He latter decided to sell it a piece, which I bought, and then he sold the rest to Trevis, I believe. I used to have a picture Michael sent me back in 2013 I believe in which all the chips were together. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it this morning...

Anyways, here is the set I still have:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bcc-riverboat-web-mold-cash-set.5771/

I would make otherwise vaulted chips available if I had a shot at a single table set of these. The absolute nuts in terms of feel between the BCC clay and the web mold.

Awesome photos that I have no choice but to admire from afar. One day though perhaps I can see them up close!

I love these chips! Such an epic set you have @Split! Congratulations on getting these all together. I'm glad they went to a good home. I've bought and sold many sets over the years, but the Riverboats were the only set that I later regretted letting go of, so I ended up buying a tourney set from @Potsie1 a while back, which I still have today.

@ChaosRock, he might have some spare $25s or $100s? You should ask him. I seem to recall thinking he did at the time.

Screenshot_20220418-061153.png

Screenshot_20220418-061123.png

Amazing set @Split and welcome back. I had the honor once to splash pots with @ChaosRock and his set of these.
Probably the nicest feeling chips I’ve ever handled, nothing else even comes close.
Just beautiful.

The honor was all ours to have you around, Matty. Hopefully we'll splash some more pots together soon, brother.

And I agree, the feel of those chips are awesome and very unique, although they are not on the heavy side. They don't feel like BCCs, they don't feel like Paulsons or TRKs or CPC either. They feel like a combination of all of them in some sort of special way.

The honor was all ours to have you around, Matty. Hopefully we'll splash some more pots together soon, brother.

And I agree, the feel of those chips are awesome and very unique, although they are not on the heavy side. They don't feel like BCCs, they don't feel like Paulsons or TRKs or CPC either. They feel like a combination of all of them in some sort of special way.
Find Paulo sign me up for seat #3 and yes I will play two orbits of TP&R damn it! As long as the 3rd orbit is something else! Lmao

They are beautiful chips brother! Busy Saturday? On my way up for a game... rather you are hosting or not! Lol

Welcome back @Split enjoy your inbox blowing up with awesome trades... we all know it's happening! Lol

Just some noob admiring from afar, fellow BCC lover! Ben

Amazing set @Split and welcome back. I had the honor once to splash pots with @ChaosRock and his set of these.
Probably the nicest feeling chips I’ve ever handled, nothing else even comes close.
Just beautiful.

I've said the same thing a few times, and it's occasionally met with eye rolls. But until you see and feel these in person, it's difficult to explain just how nice they really are. I remember when I first opened them, looking at the barrels in the chip boxes, I was amazed at the quality. I literally couldn't even see where one chip ended and the next chip began in each barrel. It just looked like one solid bar.

Greetings PCF! As some have noticed, I’ve been in “hibernation” for a bit:

View attachment 897746

When it’s been over four years since the last login and over four and a half years since the last chip bought or sold, it seems appropriate to return by posting some pics taken nearly six years ago. Some may remember that I picked up a 600 piece BCC Riverboat web mold cash set from @RainmanTrail, and I’m long overdue to post the pics. Contrary to rumor, I don’t have a two or three table tourney set of BCC Riverboats unless you were to get extremely creative (not in a good way) with chip breakdowns. However, I did double-check my Riverboats to make sure that I didn’t buy a tournament set that I forgot about! I only bought the cash set from @RainmanTrail; his tourney set went to @kecclest from what I can tell. I do have some tourney chips that I bought from @links_slayer in case they’re needed for cash games, but I didn’t otherwise pursue the tournament version of these chips back when they were available. That’s enough about me, on to the chips!

The chips were designed by Matthew Kett. The first cash set of these chips that I saw belongs to @ChaosRock, who found them on eBay. His set appears to have the “new” canary yellow from BCC, while RainmanTrail’s set has the “old” canary yellow. I exchanged some emails with Michael Patton on the subject, and he said the web mold Riverboat chips were all on a single order. This confirmed my suspicion that for some period you could wind up with two different versions of canary yellow on the same order placed with BCC.

You’re probably just here for the pics though, so here we go!

View attachment 897747

View attachment 897748

View attachment 897749

View attachment 897750

View attachment 897751

View attachment 897753

…does anyone else see something in the background of that last pic?

For those that might enjoy a soundtrack while viewing chips, I invite you to follow this link:

View attachment 897754

View attachment 897755

View attachment 897756

View attachment 897757

…but wait, there’s more!

View attachment 897758

View attachment 897759

View attachment 897760

View attachment 897761

View attachment 897762

View attachment 897763

View attachment 897764

View attachment 897765

View attachment 897768

So that’s my BCC web mold Riverboat V2 cash set. There's a limit of 20 attachments to this post, so that will have to be enough for now.

Between this set, ChaosRock’s set, and RainmanTrail’s sample set, I’m aware of the following chips in the PCF community:

$.25: 979
$1: 925
$5 (old): 441
$5 (new): 554
$5 total: 995

If @ChaosRock has any chips beyond the full racks in his pics, that would increase this count. This comes pretty close to 1k chips for each denomination, but there could be another set out there. I bought two sets from HPC, and @RainmanTrail bought at least one. The sets I bought were 678 and 700 chips large, and RainmanTrail’s set was apparently 721 chips. ChaosRock’s set is at least 800 chips. When I bought my sets from HPC, Michael said that he sold two of the four set available in less than a week. This was six years ago, and @RainmanTrail had just purchased his set. @ChaosRock had his chips for at least a year at that point. Unless the set @RainmanTrail bought counted as two, there’s probably another ~700 chip set out there. It’s possible that Michael ordered ~1200 of each denomination for the cash set.

That’s all that I know about the cash set. If anyone else has additional information, please feel free to chime in!
he returns... :wow:

Thanks for the welcome(s) back!

My set is still seating at 900 chips... I want to add one more rack of $25/$100 but I think I got all the bright yellow $5s from Michael Patton so unless I want to mix yellows, I'm done with lower denoms.

From what Michael told me, he made the Tourney set with the idea of selling them to the public but the Cash set was made for himself, so kinda small. He latter decided to sell it a piece, which I bought, and then he sold the rest to Trevis, I believe. I used to have a picture Michael sent me back in 2013 I believe in which all the chips were together. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it this morning...

So is your set 800 of the "cash" denominations plus 100 of the "tournament" denominations, or are there some cash chips in that extra 100? Michael sold ~721 chips to Travis and 700 directly to me. I also bought an additional 678 from Michael via his HPC website. There may have been one more set sold through the HPC website. Too bad you can't find the pictures; that would be awesome to see! It would also confirm or refute the possibility of another set.

@ChaosRock, he might have some spare $25s or $100s? You should ask him. I seem to recall thinking he did at the time.

I've got an even 200 $25s and 200 $100s, so I'm not really looking to sell. I seem to recall seeing some sell on the classifieds here when I searched for Riverboats, so I guess there are some spares out there.

It's amazing how much difference the mold makes in both feel and sound. The sound of these is somewhere between Cigar & Sniffer and T-Mold. The feel stands alone. I might try to track down an ASM Roman Mold sample to see how it compares to that in terms of feel.

I've said the same thing a few times, and it's occasionally met with eye rolls. But until you see and feel these in person, it's difficult to explain just how nice they really are. I remember when I first opened them, looking at the barrels in the chip boxes, I was amazed at the quality. I literally couldn't even see where one chip ended and the next chip began in each barrel. It just looked like one solid bar.

Aside from the mix of new and old canary yellow on the $5s, BCC hit it out of the park on these.

Since you've made is this far in the thread, here are a couple pics that I didn't have room for in the first post:

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

I might try to track down an ASM Roman Mold sample to see how it compares to that in terms of feel.
I found (and promptly misplaced) a Roman Mold chip I had in my samples box. The Roman Mold is recessed for the weave but the inlay area is at a higher level than the weave, while on the Web Mold both the web and the inlay area are recessed. The feel is totally different, even after accounting for ASM vs BCC material and process.

It occurred to me this week that I'm likely the only person with both versions of the $5 chip, so it seemed important to take pictures of them together for the sake of chipping science. So here are some pictures of the entire BCC Web Mold Riverboat family!

IMG_5130.JPG

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5132.JPG

IMG_5134.JPG

IMG_5135.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5137.JPG

IMG_5144.JPG

IMG_5149.JPG

IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5162.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

I'm definitely a fan of the darker yellow variation :tup:
I prefer the darker yellow as well. However, it's not like either version looks bad:
IMG_5291.JPG

IMG_5292.JPG

IMG_5293.JPG

IMG_5294.JPG

IMG_5295.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

Since I took the chips out, I figured I may as well take some splashed pot pics that I should've taken years ago. First, the foundation, since we only want to see chips:

IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5307.JPG

And splashed pot!
IMG_5309.JPG

IMG_5310.JPG

IMG_5311.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

IMG_5313.JPG

IMG_5314.JPG

IMG_5315.JPG

I prefer the darker yellow as well. However, it's not like either version looks bad:
View attachment 914481
View attachment 914482
View attachment 914485
View attachment 914486

View attachment 914487
View attachment 914488

Since I took the chips out, I figured I may as well take some splashed pot pics that I should've taken years ago. First, the foundation, since we only want to see chips:

View attachment 914494

View attachment 914496
View attachment 914499
And splashed pot!
View attachment 914502
View attachment 914503

View attachment 914504
View attachment 914505

View attachment 914506
View attachment 914507

View attachment 914508
Drool....

View attachment 914481
View attachment 914482
View attachment 914485
View attachment 914486

View attachment 914487
View attachment 914488

View attachment 914494

View attachment 914496
View attachment 914499
And splashed pot!
View attachment 914502
View attachment 914503

View attachment 914504
View attachment 914505

View attachment 914506
View attachment 914507

View attachment 914508
Quit posting these chips please, unless under a ”for sale” banner

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom