AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (1 Viewer)

He saw however many millions of futures with only one ending in victory over Thanos... he didn’t give up the stone to save Tony, he gave up the stone because it is part of the one winning scenario.

True, but it seems more purposeful than coincidental that he relents and hands over the Time stone juuuuuust in time to spare Stark. Especially given how shocking it was just moments before to see Iron Man beaten, bitch-smacked with a moon (!!!) and then stabbed. It seemed like they threw a massive curve at us, only to see Strange preempt and stop it.

Many were convinced that Cap was a goner instead. That they both flirted with death and lived is key.

Trapped in the Soul Stone.....I love that!
And I totally agree with the idea that if they just turned back time, it would fix everything, would be a major cop out. It'd be like Tony waking up at the end and it was all just a dream lol.
I also read a theory that Gamora comes back as Lady Death.....I know in the comics Thanos loved her as a lover, and not the daughter relationship. But it would definitely put a twist on things.

I was rooting for Hela to be brought back from Ragnarok as Lady Death, or Hel, whichever, with the Soul stone. Really enjoyed her and wanted more. I don’t see how that was the end for Gamora and Quill, but I’m ok if it really is. Like Nebula better anyway lol

What I liked about this movie: Started out super dark and serious.... then the middle was funny and comical (typical of GotG), then we got some good action, then finally it dropped a big fatty bomb on us at the end. I also got to try out the DBox seats at the theatre, which made it even more exciting... in addition to a massive tub of "add your own amount of butter" popcorn. (y) :thumbsup:

Would have liked more intensity throughout just like the first 10 minutes. Wanted more ass kicking and serious stakes. Laughed my ass off, but some of it felt misplaced. Gimme more Thor with an axe please.

it seems more purposeful than coincidental that he relents and hands over the Time stone juuuuuust in time to spare Stark.
He had to give Thanos the stone but, for lack of better wording, he needed an “excuse” to hand it over.

But if he only handed it over to pursue the one path to victory he saw, he could've done it sooner than just after the stabbing and Thanos’ monologue. The narrative didn’t really require it either. Nerds like me never thought Tony was dying. I think these were the events Strange witnessed and Tony needed to be spared. In other words, the ultimate victory is Tony-centric and not necessarily Stone-centric.

I'm going tonight, my gf hasn't seen it yet and it's been insanely difficult not dropping spoilers all week. She's seen all the memes floating around and just doesn't get it lol.

meme-5.png

In other words, the ultimate victory is Tony-centric and not necessarily Stone-centric.
Disagree. Based on the post-credits scene I’d say the ultimate victory is Captain Marvel-centric, and that as among the heroes she is the only one strong enough to wield the power of the infinity gauntlet. Still in the stone-is-more-important-than-Tony camp :)

Disagree. Based on the post-credits scene I’d say the ultimate victory is Captain Marvel-centric, and that as among the heroes she is the only one strong enough to wield the power of the infinity gauntlet. Still in the stone-is-more-important-than-Tony camp :)

Fair enough. Obviously Capt Marvel will be important, I just doubt that a newly introduced character will be the key to the final triumph after a decade of Tony Stark being central to the entire MCU.

Went again last night with the gf. She couldn’t handle the Spider-Man part at the end. Same with me, even though I knew it was coming. lol.
The movie was just as awesome as the first time.

RIDICULOUS SPOILERS - READ NO FURTHER BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Just saw it. All my death predictions went out the window.

Isn't it weird that every hero from Phase I survived and almost every hero from Phase II didn't? And does this mean that every hero from Phase I must sacrifice their lives to bring all the heroes from Phase II back? Guardians bit it the worst of everyone, only Rocket and Nebula left, way worse than 50% casualties for them.

Well, if they follow the comics, Iron Man and Captain America bite the dust. Might happen in the second act.

Downey, Evans, and Hemsworth's contracts are set to expire, with only Hemsworth saying he would sign on for more if they wanted him to.

I expect Cap to die. I also think that Stark will be either very psychologically or physically debilitated at the end that he has no choice but to retire. Thor will be too busy trying to re-establish Asgard somewhere (else) in the multiverse. BW will get her own movie, so there's a place for Hulk there. Hawkeye will probably retire, or only involve himself in training the newer Avengers.

We have our tickets for Sunday. Avoiding all mainstream social media until then :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: .....

I tried and tried to get em for tonight, but the friggin websites kept crashing.....when I finally got through, the only time I could get was for 11:00PM tomorrow. Ugh. Avoiding all internet til then lol.

Really debating on whether I will go see this in the theater. I hate it because I've seen all but 3 of the Marvel movie in the theater but 3+ hours is almost too much for my OMC prostate to bear. I nearly died during the last Avengers movie (2hr 40min). I was doing the pee dance trying to make the ending credits scenes. Wish they would have an intermission.

May need the Depends for this one. :eek:

Saw Endgame yesterday - very entertaining. Does what it says on the tin.

There's no end credit scene.

I'll see it in a year on Netflix......I'm so lost/confused on all of the story lines, it doesn't really matter much........still need to see 'Antman and Wasp'..... :)

Just watched Infinity War last month anyway....

I was gonna make a joke ("So you didn't hear that _____ dies?") but it could very well come true and then I'd feel crappy for accidentally/unintentionally spoiling it.
Hahahaha - I have a few theories as to who dies and such. Obviously a bunch from the snap come back (Like Spider-Man has Far From Home coming out this summer)
But ain’t gonna lie, pretty fn pumped for this!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom