SOLD Authentic Rounders movie prop sample set (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

72o

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Up for sale is a (4) chip sample set of authentic movie prop chips from the movie Rounders. Chips were produced by ASM on the roman mold and are a special piece of chipping history.

In an ideal world, these would stay as a fixture in my display case but alas I could use the money (for more chips of course).

$150 each for the $5 and $25
$175 each for the $100 and $500

Total is $650 shipped (US...international welcome but shipping will be determined...at cost) in airtites. I was going to list these at $700 because I think that is the fair market value but what the hell. :) Please post interest in thread first.

Both sides of the chips are shown. One side of the $5, $25 and $500 have an offwhite inlay. Not sure if this is common with these.

8AF5C7FA-347B-4FD0-AA3B-67D41811FA72.jpeg

61CA16F7-8E9F-454D-983A-B6E2885AB5C1.jpeg

Thanks for looking.
-Alan

Last edited:
Splits are welcome if that’s what it takes.

...and I'm pretty sure Travis has a full set, including the $1, along with a full set of Chesterfields...

:whistle: :whistling:

There was a full set incl. the $1 and the Chesterfield set that was auctioned off last year by @WedgeRock. A grail sample set if I ever saw one. GLWS

EDIT: I should read better, that was YOU who sold those off, lol!

One side of the $5, $25 and $500 have an offwhite inlay. Not sure if this is common with these.

Yes, this is very common with these. In fact, pure white labels are probably more rare from the ~20 random ones I've seen in person.

Do you have the docs verifying they are rounder's movie chips?

There is a scan of the certificate of authenticity from the original auction sale of these chips that is floating around. I have a copy of it somewhere. Others have it as well. But the combination of the Roman mold with black bear and red font is the COA for these. They were only produced on this mold and color combos for the movie. All tribute sets were either made on other molds or with a brown bear and non-red font.

The Roman mold is the COA. @David Spragg confirmed, IIRC, that these were never remade on the Roman mold.

Yes, he has confirmed this.

...and I'm pretty sure Travis has a full set, including the $1, along with a full set of Chesterfields...

:whistle: :whistling:

True story :whistle: :whistling:

Last edited:
EDIT: Looks like I misunderstood. :banghead: @RainmanTrail is correct, the exact inlay colors of the original movie chips have never been remade on the roman mold with the same spots.

FMP ;)

Reactions: 72o

Lol, wasn't meant as a slight on your info, I truly am curious of the origins of the four I have. Group buy or individual? Also any idea on other denoms from this set?

--------

BTW, sorry for the derail 72o. Wish I could spring for these! I don't imagine they will be here long!

Last edited:
Lol, wasn't meant as a slight on your info, I truly am curious of the origins of the four I have. Group buy or individual? Also any idea on other denoms from this set?

--------

BTW, sorry for the derail 72o. Wish I could spring for these! I don't imagine they will be here long!

I believe those were from someone's customs from CT. Haven't seen him here, but he might be around?

The only other denom that ASM/CPC produced for the movie are the white $1s. But those weren't actually in the movie, they were just made together with the rest of the set. The Chesterfield Club chips were also in the movie and were also made by ASM/CPC on the no-mold.

Reactions: 72o
I believe those were from someone's customs from CT. Haven't seen him here, but he might be around?

The only other denom that ASM/CPC produced for the movie are the white $1s. But those weren't actually in the movie, they were just made together with the rest of the set. The Chesterfield Club chips were also in the movie and were also made by ASM/CPC on the no-mold.

Thanks for the info! Did the guy from CT have any other denoms made?

So what happened to the actual chips used in the movie? Are they in the director's beach house, at some secret FBI storage facility or were they destroyed?

I acquired mine via eBay. Premier Movie Props, IIRC. They sold the table that Mike and Teddy played at, the "Chesterfield" sign and the chip rack with the DO NOT TOUCH sticker on it, among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom