Austin Poker Club - Cash Set (1 Viewer)

Well my brother, who is far less of a dick than I am, "see some merit to not being able to see it (dirty stack) across the table, I've seen people dirty stack both of our sets and I don't know how you do that"

So in light of me being a large asshole and his agreement, how about this?
3e099679-5372-446b-9db0-38060ab36866.png

I think your $50 looks much better, and will go well with your $20. Your $1 plays nice, even though it shares the arc yellow spot with the $20. Maybe add a DG yellow spot to the $1. Any thought of using DG tiger for your $5, and maybe changing the pink spot to something with a little more contrast?

I like the new black chip a lot more.
A few color changes while keeping it within the same color family goes a long way. Tiger spots on the $1 or $25 also would look great. Tiger/Peach/DG Pink are all very similar and blend together when next to each other, so trying to avoid combos or dirty stacks using those colors is helpful
1664481690890.png

I think your $50 looks much better, and will go well with your $20. Your $1 plays nice, even though it shares the arc yellow spot with the $20. Maybe add a DG yellow spot to the $1. Any thought of using DG tiger for your $5, and maybe changing the pink spot to something with a little more contrast?
Pretty well set on the 5, hince changing the denoms around it. I didn't think much of it back in the day, but I saw moonlights' peach/pink combo and was surprised how well it worked together

Pretty well set on the 5, hince changing the denoms around it. I didn't think much of it back in the day, but I saw moonlights' peach/pink combo and was surprised how well it worked together
understand that. maybe change the frac to a Retro Lavender or Lavender color? I think that would like nice with the $5 as well

understand that. maybe change the frac to a Retro Lavender or Lavender color? I think that would like nice with the $5 as well
We'll see now thems is fighting words for me or my brother. We essentially did an edit at the same time and swapped, both of our changes were the same except I went pink/brown frac and he went pink white.. I actually prefer the pink white, I think that 212 larger spot will be more than enough to spot a dirty one left in the 5s or vice versa

based on keeping a set $5 and set edge spots:

View attachment 996016
Well we want a DG pink frac, I think the larger edge spots will help separate it enough from the peach, and unfortunately though we both had sets that included light blue initially, we loathed it once we saw it in person, nearly grey, I appreciate the input though

I like the spot progression.

I'd not make a $20 and a $50 in the same set, I'd either switch the $20 to a $25 or the $50 to a $100 so you can always break down the bigger chip with the next one down.

Also dirty stacks ;)

To minimize issues with dirty stacks, you can try the following:
- avoid repeating any base or spot colour within adjacent denominations (or preferably within 2)
- vary your spot width sizes; dirty stacks happen more often with wider spots
- maximize contrast where possible; dark spots on a bright base chip, and bright spots on dark bases
- consider using a solid for your frac(s)
- use a larger diameter chip or even a plaque for your highest denomination

You don’t need a $20 and a $50. The latter is awkward.

If you’re certain you’ll never get a $100 in play, then get more $20’s.
I'm not certain at all, it may become a $100 chip, but I also don't find it awkward just because it's out of the norm. $150 in the middle in a standard set is 3 chips in the center, with $50 dollar chips, it's still 3 chips in the center. Same for a 75$ bet. I hear what you're saying, but my chips also follow the breakdown of cash that is typically involved in our games

To minimize issues with dirty stacks, you can try the following:
- avoid repeating any base or spot colour within adjacent denominations (or preferably within 2)
- vary your spot width sizes; dirty stacks happen more often with wider spots
- maximize contrast where possible; dark spots on a bright base chip, and bright spots on dark bases
- consider using a solid for your frac(s)
- use a larger diameter chip or even a plaque for your highest denomination
DO THIS
PXL_20220924_235217477.jpg
PXL_20220925_052413791.jpg
PXL_20220424_042651324.jpg
PXL_20220423_224726255.jpg

A $50 isn't going to hit the table any faster than a $100...you'll run out of $20s at the same time regardless of what that next chip is.

If you're goal is to get $50s in play, you're probably better off just dropping the $20 altogether. Personally I'd keep the $20 and go with $100 sounds like you guys are buying in at least that much anyway.

Nice chips. You're gonna have dirty stacks tho. And that $50 should be a $100.
Did u see the update? The 50 stays. Though I may consider changing to 20 to a 25. I've never liked that a barrel of black was 2k, when a barrel of red is 100, and a barrel of green is 500, a barrel of black can be 1k
chipset stacks.png

What blue and black $5?
What are you talking about.

I was saying do the big chip or plaque.
And shared examples.

And instead you insulted the examples.
So View attachment 996649
Sorry, I meant the blue and black 20. And yeah, I thought you were taking the piss by posting that set as an example. It's like the most confusing thing I've ever seen. I don't have to like what you like man, people can have different preferences, and that's cool dude

It is an oversize $20 and the color is Blurple.
Not sure how you can be confused by the idea of more than one set.....

Anyways. Glad everyone could help you change your original set. That was a $2000 mistake waiting to happen bud.
Have a great day
Enjoy the forum.
Best Wishes
-Sean

3Jh3.gif

Last edited:
It is an oversize $20 and the color is Blurple.
Not sure how you can be confused by the idea of more than one set.....

Anyways. Glad everyone could help you change your original set. That was a $2000 mistake waiting to happen bud.
Have a great day
Enjoy the forum.
Best Wishes
-Sean

View attachment 996655
Dude, this picture..you think I can see a even more than slightly marginal base color difference is those two chips?
Screenshot_20220930-144046_Chrome.jpg

Stop with the bud and best wishes hock. You want to call a spade a spade, then do so. Don't dance around it like a teenage girl

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom