Austin Poker Club - Cash Set (1 Viewer)

I like the designs so far, but there's definitely some merits to the dirty stack feedback. Threw this together really quick as an example.
DG Pink and Peach are surprisingly easy to get lost together, and the Peach spots on the $1 + the Peacock spots on the $5 contribute to some easily overlooked blending. Changing just the spot colors on one or both of those to not match the other could go a long way.

View attachment 995888

But as always, you do you! I do think the colors are great.
Hey man I appreciate the mock up, this is actually helpful. And yes your mock does simulate the issue quite effectively. On the other hand I was able to reconize the dirty stacks nearly instantly. (I look at pictures before I read because I is smart) totally agree a dirty stack CAN happen, but that doesn't mean I want to change my colors just because one of my yahoos is 5 Miller's deep 3 hours in and may dirty up a stack lol.

totally agree a dirty stack CAN happen, but that doesn't mean I want to change my colors just because one of my yahoos is 5 Miller's deep 3 hours in and may dirty up a stack lol.
It's less of an issue on the guy 5 Millers deep and more an issue of the other players at the table possibly miscounting a player's stack size for the purpose of effective play. I don't care if you think you've got a barrel of $5s but are actually $12 short of that, but I need to know that when determining bets, considering SPR, etc. Or vise versa, I attempt to put you all in thinking you have less than you do. This is the issue with dirty stacks.

e: And yeah, when you know it's something being shown to you, it stands out and can be identified quickly. But players aren't looking that closely at every chip in a player's stack when playing, they're glancing around and see "okay he's got two barrels of $1s, a barrel of $5s, a couple $20s" and acts accordingly. If the dirty stack doesn't jump out IMMEDIATELY at a quick glance it can be an issue, and the argument is that these, while identifiable, are not going to be easily spotted at a glance when mistakes are made.

It's less of an issue on the guy 5 Millers deep and more an issue of the other players at the table possibly miscounting a player's stack size for the purpose of effective play. I don't care if you think you've got a barrel of $5s but are actually $12 short of that, but I need to know that when determining bets, considering SPR, etc. Or vise versa, I attempt to put you all in thinking you have less than you do. This is the issue with dirty stacks.

e: And yeah, when you know it's something being shown to you, it stands out and can be identified quickly. But players aren't looking that closely at every chip in a player's stack when playing, they're glancing around and see "okay he's got two barrels of $1s, a barrel of $5s, a couple $20s" and acts accordingly. If the dirty stack doesn't jump out IMMEDIATELY at a quick glance it can be an issue, and the argument is that these, while identifiable, are not going to be easily spotted at a glance when mistakes are made.
I get the sentiment, but at the same time, I've got players that stack in 20, some in 25 or 30, some in barrels of 10. Hell I've got players that have more than they think at cash out because they made stacks of 22 or 23 by accident lol. If I'm pushing all in, usually I'm asking for what they have behind anyway (gives you more info with how they react or count).

So anyway, beyond forty of you telling me about dirty stacks... Anyone have anything else?

I mean. Colors are pretty much the main thing to provide feedback on? I guess the chosen denominations, but that's also been discussed, and you're pretty set on doing things your way there too.

So... I like the inlay? Clean logo, nice to be able to match A Mold to the branding.

Here is an example of chips with dirty stack problems. I made this set about 15 years ago when I had no clue what I was doing. I later had to remake the $25’s to solve the problem.

9D659465-FB50-4BF5-BA1A-EEDB8513F040.jpeg

honestly, why did you ask for thoughts? if you don't want opinions, don't ask for opinions. just go buy your chips and enjoy them.
I do want opinions. You just think your opinion on dirty stacks should be agreed with and valued more than mine when it comes to the idea. I disagree with the assessment. Which by the way was your entire original take. Nothing about spot choice, progression, inlays, price vs spot choices..

What exactly would you like me to do, say, "I'll take it under advisement"? I'll take it under advisement.

I do want opinions. You just think your opinion on dirty stacks should be agreed with and valued more than mine when it comes to the idea. I disagree with the assessment. Which by the way was your entire original take. Nothing about spot choice, progression, inlays, price vs spot choices..

What exactly would you like me to do, say, "I'll take it under advisement"? I'll take it under advisement.

ok but literally everyone else in this thread has the same opinion, because it is a glaring problem above all else. but i honestly don't care what you do, this thread sucks balls lol. just send david his money!

I'm new here, please give me opinions (only the ones I want to hear, please blow sunshine up my arse and tell me I'm the best chip creator in the world).

-entire forum ... looks like you should rethink a few things

--me ... But I'm set in everything here, I just wanted someone to tell me how awesome it is...
--- drama

-------crickets----------

ok but literally everyone else in this thread has the same opinion, because it is a glaring problem above all else. but i honestly don't care what you do, this thread sucks balls lol. just send david his money!
Well 70 million people agreed it'd be a good idea to put a reality TV guy in the white house, didn't mean they were right. Come on man, I've got people telling me having peach and pink in the same set is enough for dirty stacks, despite spots. Dirty stacks are not a concern of mine with this set. This isn't that hard to get. And ok, bye then. Cool you're on first name basis with people, I guess?

Well 70 million people agreed it'd be a good idea to put a reality TV guy in the white house, didn't mean they were right. Come on man, I've got people telling me having peach and pink in the same set is enough for dirty stacks, despite spots. Dirty stacks are not a concern of mine with this set. This isn't that hard to get. And ok, bye then. Cool you're on first name basis with people, I guess?

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

I'm new here, please give me opinions (only the ones I want to hear, please blow sunshine up my arse and tell me I'm the best chip creator in the world).

-entire forum ... looks like you should rethink a few things

--me ... But I'm set in everything here, I just wanted someone to tell me how awesome it is...
--- drama

-------crickets----------
You good. Me bad. Now sad.

So, yeah add me to the dirty stack camp. Maybe if the other 10k users on PCF all tell you the same thing you'll maybe make some changes that will improve your set.

You might see it now on a computer screen, or look at your solid color samples and think how could you not, but what about when you're sitting on the other side of the table, add in some color blindness (I have 2 players with color blindness), alcohol, and possibly low lighting. Your samples aren't spotted with your color choices, and those spots will trick your eyes in stacks across a table.

Pink and peach will be dirty, people have done it and are telling you the problem with it. Repeating colors on chips creates dirty stack issues, people have done it and are telling you the problem with it. It's time to change your opinion based on the experiences of people that have learned before you, or close the thread and make the mistake anyways.

Also, the $50 should be a $100.

this thread sucks balls lol
I kinda like it. It’s different from most new people threads.

Back on topic: OP, do you have samples of the A-mold? Not everyone likes it. I’m one of them, feels too rough. I get that they fit the theme but I would still go for another mold.

@David Spragg is the guy you are buying these from. Classic Poker Chips

Your chip base colours are very similar to mine. No one is saying that they're bad, the edge spots will just make it more likely to experience dirty stacks. With so many edge spot combinations available with CPC, why stick to a repetitive 1/4" spot on everything? It's like going to a buffet and choosing fried chicken, roast chicken, boiled chicken and bbq chicken. Why not try some steak or lobster?

IMG_3017.jpeg

@David Spragg is the guy you are buying these from. Classic Poker Chips

ha, i didn't get the first name basis thing, i thought he was implying we all knew each other - thanks for clearing that up, sean!

you literally can't order custom CPC chips without knowing david on a first name basis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom