SOLD Aurora Star Tournament T100 - Price Reduction 4.25/chip (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:jawdrop: 5k is the weak link?! Blasphemy! I wish the 5k and 1k colors were switched just so I can use them more! :D
Yeah, If I'm honest I think the T1k is the weakest link(not that I'd ever part with them!). The T5k in a vacuum is kinda odd, but it really works in the set.

I'm in love with the T500. Something about three shades of purple on that one chip I just love it.

Also, I only had a solo T25k before from a sample set, that T25k in a barrel is really cool.

I think if the ESPT 1K didn’t exist, the AS 5K would appear that much better. I think the T100 work so much better in a T5 base set or murdered and included in a different set. T100 is a beautiful chip on its own but has a hard time standing up to the vibrant colors of the higher denoms in this set.

If I had to rank the AS chips, I would go T500> T25K> T5> T1K> T5K > T100 > T25.

It’s hard to nitpick too much though as they are all great chips!! I am sure you will find a home for these!

T25s are sold. 20x of the T100s are sold.

Price 350 for the remaining 80x T100s.

90/Barrel

Ĺ
I think if the ESPT 1K didn’t exist, the AS 5K would appear that much better.
Agreed. I lobbied hard for a Salmon base T5000 but was outvoted. Also preferred a Pale Green spot vs the Lime Green chosen on the final Blaze Orange version -- I think it would have balanced it better.

Pretty tough for any 6d18 Blaze Orange chip to trump that EST primary T1000, though.

Agreed. I lobbied hard for a Salmon base T5000 but was outvoted. Also preferred a Pale Green spot vs the Lime Green chosen on the final Blaze Orange version -- I think it would have balanced it better.

I wish I wouldn’t have learned this. Ignorance is bliss. I won’t look at the set the same way. Completely agree on both of your recommendations on these!

@BGinGA out of curiosity, was the T1000 always the way it turned out? It lacks a lot of the color excitement in the rest of the set.

@BGinGA out of curiosity, was the T1000 always the way it turned out? It lacks a lot of the color excitement in the rest of the set.
Intended spot-on tribute to the Aria T1000 - a favorite chip of one of the set designers - but allowing the spots to shine (no asinine oversize inlay) .

I have more racks of the T1000 than any of the other AS tourney chips.

aria-shr-chips-jpg.13511

Other color influences were the PCA secondary $25 and the King8 $100. Surprisingly, the T5000 and T25000 were actually NOT inspired by the ACF T10K and T25K, but ended up somewhat similar (imo the AS T25K colors are much brighter/better).

I wish I wouldn’t have learned this. Ignorance is bliss. I won’t look at the set the same way. Completely agree on both of your recommendations on these!
I have a salmon version on order. :cool

Aurora Star-V2-01.jpg

Ĺ

Pretty tough for any 6d18 Blaze Orange chip to trump that EST primary T1000, though.
Sorry Salmon! This is a great set and fun to design!

Other color influences were the PCA secondary $25 and the King8 $100. Surprisingly, the T5000 and T25000 were actually NOT inspired by the ACF T10K and T25K, but ended up somewhat similar (imo the AS T25K colors are much brighter/better).
I actually have found myself really liking the T25k now that I have more than one of them. It's a really great color, brighter/better.

I think I prefer the Blaze Orange, but would have prefered a different green.

Intended spot-on tribute to the Aria T1000 - a favorite chip of one of the set designers - but allowing the spots to shine (no asinine oversize inlay) .
I actually prefer the Aria T1000 to the AST1000, maybe just too much yellow. But the giant inlay on the rest of the chips would be awful.

Maybe I spend too much time looking at it as a chip by itself or in a barrel.

I will say that so many of the AST sets missing T5s is kinda a bummer. I get why people don't use them in their tournaments, but I feel like the set is lacking when it doesn't have those color combinations.

I will say that so many of the AST sets missing T5s is kinda a bummer. I get why people don't use them in their tournaments, but I feel like the set is lacking when it doesn't have those color combinations.
Agreed. I used the T5 colors for my T100K chip in the ceramic tribute set. Much more likely to see play (in my T100-base events) than a T5.

Agreed. I used the T5 colors for my T100K chip in the ceramic tribute set. Much more likely to see play (in my T100-base events) than a T5.
Stretching just to get the T25ks into play...

But would like a barrel of T5s to use as bounties if they ever pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom