ATTENTION, Jeep-freaks! (3 Viewers)

Scary how quick August is creeping up on us, this is 2 weeks away! Take lots of pics, if it wasn't August, I'd be tempted to join you lol.
Will do! This ended up being a back up plan, I was supposed to be attending the Great Divide Meet Up that unfortunately got cancelled.
I figured I already had airline tickets to Denver and Moab is just a five hour drive. A buddy of mine is picking me up in Denver and we are heading to Moab from there. He’s never been wheeling and has always wanted to go. Going to be HOT but that’s ok, should still be lots of fun.

If you are looking for a Wrangler TJ (1997-2006) let me know and I can give you plenty of hints on how to spot a great TJ and when to run away from one! I buy and sell TJ’s on the side and would be glad to help out. This is an 06 Wrangler X I sold this spring and I have an 05 that I am working on now

Attachments

• 8911D305-23BB-4B7A-ADA4-5212FA7F2FA8.jpeg
    8911D305-23BB-4B7A-ADA4-5212FA7F2FA8.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 67
If you are looking for a Wrangler TJ (1997-2006) let me know and I can give you plenty of hints on how to spot a great TJ and when to run away from one! I buy and sell TJ’s on the side and would be glad to help out. This is an 06 Wrangler X I sold this spring and I have an 05 that I am working on now
I’ll keep that in mind myself. I can see myself owning a Jeep some day in the future. :tup:

Can't lie... that new Bronco looks sick.

While I love my JK, if I were in the market right now, my attention would definitely be drawn to what Ford is offering...

I'm happy that Jeep has a true competitor. It will only make Jeep upgrade it's game. Can see Jeep offering 35/37s from factory for instance. But I ain't switching teams!

I'm happy that Jeep has a true competitor. It will only make Jeep upgrade it's game. Can see Jeep offering 35/37s from factory for instance. But I ain't switching teams!

Agreed... competition is good for everybody!

And it would be nice if the Bronco forced FCA to do a price check on themselves. The Wranglers have been absurdly overpriced for years, while showing minimal (if any) legitimate innovation. We're all really just paying for the brand recognition / lifestyle... the modern Wrangler platform hasn't gone through a real overhaul in decades.

Last edited:

And it would be nice if the Bronco forced FCA to do a price check on themselves. The Wranglers have been absurdly overpriced for years, while showing minimal (if any) legitimate innovation. We're all really just paying for the brand recognition / lifestyle... the modern Wrangler platform hasn't gone through a real overhaul in decades.
Bronco Sport base price $26,660
and it will have an immediate following

While I love my JK, if I were in the market right now, my attention would definitely be drawn to what Ford is offering...

The only problem I see with it is the IFS. Not sure how that's going to hold up, but might have to swap in a solid axle to do serious rock crawling. I know most would not even take it wheeling though.

I think the improvements from the JK to the JL were substantial; the transmission for one. The JL manual is vastly superior to the JK (I got a manual).

Yes, Wranglers are overpriced, but I still decided to pay more for the JL. I could have bought a JK for quite a bit less. I drove both and knew I'd regret not getting the JL. The JK is sluggish.

If Bronco had already been out before the JL, I think we'd have seen better improvements and better pricing. Now, I don't think Jeep can wait 10 years between new models. I expect it to happen closer to around 6 years. This is going to be fun to watch!

The only problem I see with it is the IFS. Not sure how that's going to hold up, but might have to swap in a solid axle to do serious rock crawling. I know most would not even take it wheeling though.

I agree. The IFS was an odd choice... seems like they just couldn’t let go of the soccer-mom market that wants better on-road comfort.

That being said, the longer wheel-travel of the Bronco IFS (compared with a similarly spec’d Wrangler) is surprising. And nothing to sneeze at.

I agree. The IFS was an odd choice... seems like they just couldn’t let go of the soccer-mom market that wants better on-road comfort.

That being said, the longer wheel-travel of the Bronco IFS (compared with a similarly spec’d Wrangler) is surprising. And nothing to sneeze at.

It is nice that you can get the Bronco with 35's, similar to the Raptor. I do wonder how the IFS is going to handle rock abuse. What's that going to do to the sensors?

Also, what if you want to put 37's or 40's on it? Probably going to need an axle swap. Will that even be possible? I read an article about what it would take to put a real suspension on the Grand Cherokee. By the time you deal with all the sensors and everything, it was deemed not worth it. I know some people will want to take their Bronco straight to the mod shop to put $10K+ into it. Time will tell if that can be done.

It is nice that you can get the Bronco with 35's, similar to the Raptor. I do wonder how the IFS is going to handle rock abuse. What's that going to do to the sensors?

Also, what if you want to put 37's or 40's on it? Probably going to need an axle swap. Will that even be possible? I read an article about what it would take to put a real suspension on the Grand Cherokee. By the time you deal with all the sensors and everything, it was deemed not worth it. I know some people will want to take their Bronco straight to the mod shop to put $10K+ into it. Time will tell if that can be done.
It will be really interesting to see if the Bronco will be available for rentals in the Moab area come the next couple years. I’ll be sure to try one out if they do. Very curious to see how they’ll perform in comparison to the Wranglers.

DAMN IT. That'e exactly what I want, right there! A yellow LJ!!! (or a green one).
<sigh> I can't find what I want. Who knew that it would be so tough to find a Jeep?

Maybe next summer....

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Oh, congrats on your purchase...she's a beauty.

Awesome, congrats!

Yellow is definitely a hard color to find.
It's very eye-catching, but honestly not my first choice. I'm getting used to it though. I think part of my aversion is the yellow/black reminds me of the Bruins from the SCF last year. But yellow is also one of the Blues uniform colors. I might do a band of blue bedliner along the bottom to give it an accent and lessen the yellow/black combo. I dunno.

Yes, that's probably crazy sounding, but I really hate the Bruins still even though the Blues won the Cup! :LOL: :laugh:

It's very eye-catching, but honestly not my first choice. I'm getting used to it though. I think part of my aversion is the yellow/black reminds me of the Bruins from the SCF last year. But yellow is also one of the Blues uniform colors. I might do a band of blue bedliner along the bottom to give it an accent and lessen the yellow/black combo. I dunno.

Yes, that's probably crazy sounding, but I really hate the Bruins still even though the Blues won the Cup! :LOL: :laugh:

Funny that it bothers you that your Jeep is the color of a team you don't like. A couple years ago, they had a purple color available. I told a lady GO LAKERS! She gave me a dirty look.

Don't think I could get a Celtics green Jeep haha.

I bought an LJ! :) Now to sell my XJ... :(

View attachment 500219

It's an '06, 108k miles, auto, on 35s. Needs a little TLC but it has good bones.
I found a few old pictures of the 06 I rented back in 2010. The yellow looks awesome!
These were from.... you guessed it, Moab. FinnsNThings trail and Hells Revenge.
This is probably my favorite Jeep of all.
DABE8A60-D017-44B2-8F42-41A8DC634B61.jpeg
A49A95D7-22E9-4594-89E2-83A7F19D4234.jpeg
328A9B3D-856B-41BC-84E7-B8B3A83763D0.jpeg

How do you not have a Jeep of your very own? You obviously have it in your bones :LOL: :laugh:
It’s because I live on this stupid east coast of the country and there is absolutely nothing here worth driving a Jeep over. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I’m just trying out as many as I can for when I move out of here some day. I’ll know exactly what I want.:)

Rausch creek?
I’ve never been there. There are actually some great places to go that aren’t too far. West Virginia and Pennsylvania have some really good wheeling.
I just don’t make the time to go locally and I probably should sometime.
I just love the southwest, when I’m there, it feels like it’s where I’m supposed to be. Guess you can say holding off for now on a Jeep will keep me more motivated to get my ass where I truly want to be one day.;)

Not gonna lie. Even though I've been dreaming of another Rubicon, that Ford Bronco is pretty sick. It will be considered for my next vehicle. But I do get cost price on Jeeps (well below any advertised promotions). So that will probably still factor in. Plus my love for Jeeps will be hard to let go of after 2 Wranglers and a Cherokee.

Not gonna lie. Even though I've been dreaming of another Rubicon, that Ford Bronco is pretty sick. It will be considered for my next vehicle. But I do get cost price on Jeeps (well below any advertised promotions). So that will probably still factor in. Plus my love for Jeeps will be hard to let go of after 2 Wranglers and a Cherokee.

My DD is a 2018 F150 Eco boost, traded in my 2011. Ford has been making top selling trucks for decades. Especially when you can order it from the factory with 35's. The Rubicon still only comes with 32's.

Though I still think it's best to avoid 1st gen cars and tech. It's a brand new model and will have plenty of issues that get worked out every year. The Jeep Pentastar 3.6L that came out in '12 is a great example of this. Most issues fixed by '13.

She was worth the wait....

2006, 88k miles, automatic.

Needs a new top, and I think I need to change the gears (I don't like being passed by semi-trucks on the freeway...60 is not an acceptable top speed).

But I think she's going to be a lot of fun!

jack.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom