ATTENTION, Jeep-freaks! (1 Viewer)

Yup, I hate mud too.

I started with the 2012 JKU with intention of doing some easy trails and dirt roads.

Things I said that first month:

1. I'll never lift the Jeep. I don't want a high center of gravity, it makes the Jeep less safe

$5K Later:
2. I'll never go larger than 33's
3. I'll never go larger than 35's

Now that I'm on 37's, I don't plan to go to 40's anytime soon... I learned to stop saying NEVER. :D
The tires on the one in the pictures I posted had 40’s on it with a 6.5 inch lift and Dana 60 5.38 gears. It was the most radical Jeep I had ever rented and lots of fun.
Easy to see how Jeeping can grab hold of you and your wallet in the process.

The tires on the one in the pictures I posted had 40’s on it with a 6.5 inch lift and Dana 60 5.38 gears. It was the most radical Jeep I had ever rented and lots of fun.

Well at least they let you wheel the rental! Last fall we had a guy show up to a moderate trail with a rental. He had to leave it at the trail head because the rental place told him any minor scratch is a minimum of $1000. He had to ride with someone. What's the point?

Moab is awesome! I haven't been yet, I need to go now that my oldest son is old enough to go with me.

Winning combo - same I’m running Dana 60, 5.38, 40s, atlas transfer case :bigbucks::dead:

Maybe it's soft top vs hard top?
Both! Lol really would want to do this to mine once I finish up the cage

1591205946690.jpeg

Well at least they let you wheel the rental! Last fall we had a guy show up to a moderate trail with a rental. He had to leave it at the trail head because the rental place told him any minor scratch is a minimum of $1000. He had to ride with someone. What's the point?

Moab is awesome! I haven't been yet, I need to go now that my oldest son is old enough to go with me.
Most of the rental companies in Moab will list on their websites the trails that they want you to stay off of. I’ve wheeled many of the trails in the Moab region and I’m a professional driver by occupation.
The company I rented from last year was much more comfortable with letting me use their equipment on the more difficult trails because of these reasons.
Jenn’s Jeep Rentals was by far the most personable company I’ve dealt with in Moab. After speaking with John (husband of the owner) a few times on the phone prior to my trip and then in person once I arrived, he was very comfortable with me using his personal Jeep for several days while I was there. Gave me a really good discount as well compared to the website prices.
Check them out if you decide to make the trip, Jenn and John were great to work with.

Probably tire size since that determines the rest of the build most of the time. 33s or 35s I’d say is the teetering point
Yeah, that or I'd say around 3" of lift, which also roughly coincides with that step from 33s to 35s. One you go big enough that you need a slip-yoke eliminator, beefier steering, etc. it really starts to snowball. My Jeep is still on 33s and they seemed so big at first. Next Jeep I'm definitely doing 35s, or maybe straight to 37s.

Forgot to mention @liftapint.
The TRK Nevada Lodge challenges of Jeeping would IMO be....
The Escalator challenge
Tip Over challenge
Mickeys Hot Tub
Hells Gate
All of these are obstacles along the Hells Revenge Trail and they are the same equivalent of splashing pots with NL/NCs! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
In all seriousness though Mel, I think what ever kind of Jeep, if and when you decided to purchase, would be a fun vehicle to own and drive.
Don't think you’d regret the purchase for a second.

Yeah, that or I'd say around 3" of lift, which also roughly coincides with that step from 33s to 35s. One you go big enough that you need a slip-yoke eliminator, beefier steering, etc. it really starts to snowball. My Jeep is still on 33s and they seemed so big at first. Next Jeep I'm definitely doing 35s, or maybe straight to 37s.
4.5 and 40s. Do it. :D

You can go 35s with JL Rubicon without a lift. Mine is a Sport and when the 31s needed to be replaced, I bought Rubicon 33 takeoffs (wheels and tires) and installed Rubicon suspension takeoffs. I actually gained 3". With triplets in college, I can't afford anything above that. I funded the wheels by selling chips.

Last edited:
The Rubicon Trail is your TRK (10 out of 10)

The Rubicon Trail is now widely recognized as the premiere OHV route in the United States and has been called the “crown jewel of all off highway trails.” At one time, it was revered as the most difficult, rated 10 on a scale of one to 10, due to its narrow passages, rocky climbs, and occasional mud hole.

Just made reservations to reserve “Great White” again for August 6th and 7th in Moab Utah. Planning to run “Hells Revenge” and “Shafer” trails on the 6th and “Moab Rim” on the 7th.
Any chipper/Jeeper that can make it to Moab for a couple days and wants to do some wheeling, hit me up.
@JeepologyOffroad, @markleteenie, @justsomedude @Darson @warewulf @Hot Nuts
D56612F2-24F6-4455-A698-789515B8244C.jpeg
2F881728-8B40-4869-8816-E3661EAB1A54.jpeg
11BA3F5A-7703-4C23-8E7F-CEC08F585B6F.jpeg
7323CE10-EDC5-424B-A664-237B0B14E639.jpeg

Awesome! Moab in August sounds brutally hot though.
I’m figuring it will be but since the Divide is a no go, I’m just going to take the time to go for a few days.
I’ve always wanted to run the Moab Rim trail and the guy I rent from is going to take that Friday and be a ride along guide.
It’s one of the more challenging trails I’ve not gotten under my belt yet.
“Great White” has air conditioning and I’m positive it will be in use. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom