ASM HRR Resale Value (1 Viewer)

SteveEH

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
My first ASM HRR custom set has been collecting dust for 10 years. This makes me sad :(

What would make me happy?? If someone here that would really like a custom clay set (at a better price than brand new) resurrected them (murdering and re-labeling)!

PXL_20210816_030649557.jpg

There are 698 chips in near mint condition. 51 of them are 414 and the rest are 312. The lower denominations were designed for a 6 person cash games, and I later did a second order when ASM first offered spot patterns other than 312. I think I designed it for 8 person T2500 tourneys.

I'd appreciate it if the experts would suggest a fair price with the assumption they'd be murdered and relabeled by someone.

Ty

Last edited:
The current CPC pricing chart shows HHR with the 312 spot pattern to be a L1 spot price which is $1.75 per chip.

As for the market price, I'm far from an expert on that so I'll let others chime in. Buy maybe $1.25 - $1.50 per chip??? All depends if someone plans on murdering which would cost them additional money for labels.

1629124676205.png

The current CPC pricing chart shows HHR with the 312 spot pattern to be a L1 spot price which is $1.75 per chip.

As for the market price, I'm far from an expert on that so I'll let others chime in. Buy maybe $1.25 - $1.50 per chip??? All depends if someone plans on murdering which would cost them additional money for labels.

View attachment 756266
I don't think ASM lvl 1 regularly fetch over $1 / chip as murder candidates. It's usually closer to 55-65ct, but I'm far from an expert with pricing. Especially these days... Insanity.

I don't think ASM lvl 1 regularly fetch over $1 / chip as murder candidates. It's usually closer to 55-65ct, but I'm far from an expert with pricing. Especially these days... Insanity.
Yeah, even with crazy pricing these days, I was going to say the max would probably be something less than $1 per chip - maybe 75-80 cents, I dunno?
FWIW, Spinettis always has barrels of ASM blanks on eBay for $20 with free shipping and they don’t seem to go anywhere.
D2E1FD01-D8CD-4D7C-BE9C-7060313C8C39.png

Resale price is going to based on a lot of things. Even as murder candidates, a lot will depend on whether the color/spots coices are desirable, chip breakdown amount & a lot of just personal preference. Expect 50% +/- of the retail price based on the spot level. Lower level spot patterns (312, etc..) will be less desirable to most, higher level spots patterns (L6+) will be more desirable to many others. You also have to take into consideration that the buyer needs to add in the price of new labels printed so unless it's a HOF custom set most buyers are not going to want to pay (chips + new labels) full retail for someone elses customs when they can just order what they want new from CPC.

I have bought some secondhand ASM/CPC customs for relabeling and it was because: 1: I liked the color spot pattern, 2: The breakdown was within my needed specs, 3: The total cost including the new labels were under retail cost of a new set, and 4: It was quicker than waiting 6-12+ months for a new set from CPC.

I agree it is always good that these sets can find a second life in a new home instead of gathering dust on a shelf. Just need to find the person willing to do the work to re-purpose them.

GLWS.

Last edited:
I have a rack of those $25 chips that @Seeking Alpha Social Club traded back and forth for $50....different label though, obviously. That's what I would be looking to pay for a rack that I was going to relabel. (Yes, I will buy your @25's if split at that price...probably some of the $100's as well).

That being said, I am a cheapskate.

View attachment 756266
Wow, when I got my ASM set, 312 was the only option and they were $1 a chip. Adjusted for 2003 inflation thats $1.44. If I remember priced correctly, custom ceramics, when the became an option, were the same price….so one has got cheaper to buy and the other more expensive

There’s a search feature that you can use to look up past sales of used HHR and you can make some guesses based on that. Or you can listen to values from .25 to $2 each and go from there.

FWIW, Spinettis always has barrels of ASM blanks on eBay for $20 with free shipping and they don’t seem to go anywhere.
IMO that's because they are blanks, which would require milling to accept a label. Factory-inlaid chips such as Steve's are much easier to (re)label.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I looked at label pricing, CPC prices, and did the maffs for .16/label/chip. @Gear thanks for reminding me chips have 2 sides ;)

I already got a offer via PM. Gonna post on the for sale soon to make it legit.

That was tough to let go (but could cause they never got used)! FYI I got cold feet multiple times through the process, @BigChief, but they're on the way...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom