Aruba Palm Beach set with custom shaped inlay $1 chips (1 Viewer)

bentax1978

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
After many attempts, I believe I have finally finished the core of my Aruba Palm Beach chip set. Still have to make some decisions on a potential quarter and possibly a $500 chip, but the search for a suitable $1 chip is finally over.

Without further ado, here's some pr0n, in all its leaded shaped inlay glory. (y) :thumbsup:

APB-0101.jpg
APB-0098.jpg
APB-0117.jpg
APB-0106.jpg
APB-0113.jpg
APB-0112.jpg
APB-0133.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic!

A little $10/$20 limit set built within or do you just need all those $5’s for your $0.25/$0.50 NL games? :D

Absolutely fantastic!

A little $10/$20 limit set built within or do you just need all those $5’s for your $0.25/$0.50 NL games? :D

I’ve only used this set to host $1/1, $1/2, and $2/5 (once). Of course I didn’t have the ones at the time, so I used THC Monte Carlo Vegas $1 chips. They actually work really well, with a similar red denom on the inlay. But I’m glad to finally have a more permanent solution.

But yeah, most of my cash sets have between 600-800 $5 chips, which is my preferred minimum number of fives to play with.

Phenomenal looking set and photography to go along with it!

So these are relabeled 1's with a custom inlay?

Thanks!

Yes, the $1 chips are Vegas World $1/NCV chips. @Gear milled a hexagon shaped recess over the hotstamp and applied a textured/laminated label in the recess to create the chips.

I wanted something that matched the overall "old school" look of the other denominations, so a 312 spot pattern chip was ideal. It was a nice bonus that they appear to also be a heavier (around 11 grams each) leaded chip which also matches the other chips in the set.

s-l1600-jpg.146922

Thanks!

Yes, the $1 chips are Vegas World $1/NCV chips. @Gear milled a hexagon shaped recess over the hotstamp and applied a textured/laminated label in the recess to create the chips.

I wanted something that matched the overall "old school" look of the other denominations, so a 312 spot pattern chip was ideal. It was a nice bonus that they appear to also be a heavier (around 11 grams each) leaded chip which also matches the other chips in the set.

s-l1600-jpg.146922
Unreal. What a flawless execution! You and @Gear should be very proud of what you've pulled off here.

Thanks!

s-l1600-jpg.146922
And, a chip that says it's worth a dollar right over where it says no cash value is just begging to be milled. Win/win!
This set is stunning, by the way.

Fantastic set, and fantastic finish both milling and labelling on the $1. Great job (y) :thumbsup:

These are phenomenal. Best of the $1 options you found I think. Didn’t realize you had that many hundos eithe, this set is da nuts.

Nice job making the $1 chips work for the set... I remember when these were first making their rounds and thought how weird it was that there weren't any of the $1 chips around. Work paid off with those relabels though !!!
Any process photos of them going through the changes?
Would love to see that process in action!

These are phenomenal. Best of the $1 options you found I think. Didn’t realize you had that many hundos eithe, this set is da nuts.

I've got (160) of the $100 chips in the above pics, plus another (40) of the other $100 with the blue/tan/brown spots. I was kind of torn on which to use. On their own, I actually like the other hundreds a little better. But I think these work better in the set, plus I have 4x as many of them.

Nice job making the $1 chips work for the set... I remember when these were first making their rounds and thought how weird it was that there weren't any of the $1 chips around. Work paid off with those relabels though !!!

I don't know that there are any actual $1 chips out there. The chip guide shows a solid blue $1 chip, but I can't say I've ever come across one in the past 5 years. Certainly not a couple racks of them :)

I was tempted to go with a solid blue $1, and a circle inlay, to be more true to the actual set. But in the end I just liked the look of these better, and the opportunity to do a shaped inlay on them (leaving the circle inlay for a potential quarter) won out.

Any process photos of them going through the changes?
Would love to see that process in action!

No idea if @Gear took any progress pictures along the way. I'm guessing probably not.

That said, here's a link to a thread you might be interested in. Also, the video below (taken from the link) shows the process in general.

love. this. set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom