Are you selling? RHC? THC? SCROWN? Bud Jones? Help me out, here (1 Viewer)

Pony

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe kind of a rant. I haven't played poker regularly for the last 20 years. Nor have I been aggressively looking at decent chips for even the last 5 years. So I don't know each abbreviation for a chip, don't know chipguide like the back of my hand, and definitely don't know a chip simply by looking at a rack of them from above.

Lol, is it too much to ask that if you're selling something, that maybe you can include a pic of the face of the chip as well? Yes, I can see that the edges are sharp enough to cut my steak with - that's cool. I have -no-freaking-clue- half the time if it's an RHC or what it is, what the inlay size is, or anything else without a pic. Can I look it up? Yeah, but if I'm perusing from my cell phone in-between jobs or something, I just don't have the time to spend trying to search up a chip by an abbreviation and then try to find some face pics of the chip.

Is it too much to ask to simply include a face pic of the chip? Should a person have to ask to have someone include a face pic of a chip? It would be really cool if I could look at listings, and see what chips look like from more than the sides, to see if they would be a good fit for partial sets I'm slowly trying to finish off.

Thanks......

/rant off

Guilty as charged. I’m a face pics offender for sure, and it’s sheer laziness. Nothing more or less. As I read your post, I realized I’ve made plenty of dumb ads missing face pics.

I’ll try to be better in the future.

I’m not making excuses for any of these people because it drives me crazy too. But I can divide what I’ve seen of this into two groups.
1) people selling chips that they assume everybody knows. Common stuff that’s all over the place like Paris $1s, less common but overhyped stuff like Tiger Palace chips that everybody has seen, or anything from a major Chip Room release. Sellers sometimes assume that any chipper who’s going to buy these chips knows exactly what they are.
2) people buying and selling chips to be relabled. People who are into relabeling, whether it’s hot stamp chips to be milled then labeled or inlayed roulettes to be murdered and relabeled - these people are less interested in what chips are, and more interested in what they could be. And they just sort of assume the buyers are the same - color is all that matters.

Anyway I think it all stinks. I’m with you. I spend way too much time in this site, but so often I see pictures of edges of chips that I should know or I’ve forgotten, and yeah it’s frustrating.

Nothing like a little rant to start the fire……..No pics of chip faces!?!?
IMG_2927.gif

Nothing like a little rant to start the fire……..No pics of chip faces!?!?
It's not a huge deal. If you are trying to sell something - and there's little info, your item won't be as appealing. Lots of purchases are made on impulse decisions. I do it frequently, bought a couple racks last Thursday due to impulse decision. Looked good.....Boom! Purchased!

If it's a lot of effort to get all the info - then for me, I am more likely to just decide against it. Time is $$$, and I'll move on. Obviously I'll instantly know of a specific chip I'm interested in, but there's others that might have also caught my fancy. Have passed on lots of things (eBay, FB, etc) due to lack of info and limited/slow communication.

To each their own. I'm simply expressing -my- opinion. I have money, and I like chips. I'd think that if someone was selling - they'd do their best to make their chips more 'attractive'. Sometimes endless bumping won't get it done ;)

Text would still read ”overlabelled VLVs”, that’s what I nice guy I am.

Enough’s gotta be enough though. I’m supposed to give their entire history? These are luxury items we’re selling to each other. I figure any potential buyer has some clue. And if not, I’m happy to answer questions in the sales thread or pm.

Enough’s gotta be enough though. I’m supposed to give their entire history? These are luxury items we’re selling to each other. I figure any potential buyer has some clue. And if not, I’m happy to answer questions in the sales thread or pm.
Yeah I just got an early start on the bitching today.

Well.....I've seen some chips sold on here that most definitely wouldn't qualify as 'luxury items' :D

I agree with "enough's gotta be enough" - but again, my personal thought/opinion is that kinda like a car, show me all sides and then if I am interested - I'll ask more. But if you're not invested enough to even show most of (whatever's being sold) then it's kind of a red flag - if you can't spend a few extra minutes to provide minimal info, then that points to what I should expect for responses/support/shipping time/etc. Kinda like those sellers selling a car but after 10 messages back and forth they finally say "title status? Sorry, no title, bought it from some person 2-3 years ago, and registration is expired now". To me, there's a minimum standard of info that should be given. And again - I totally understand that that's subjective.

Another rant - people that provide screenshots of whatever it is they're selling. They have the picture there on their phone - but yet they upload the low-res screenshot instead of the actual picture itself! :unsure::wtf:

Well.....I've seen some chips sold on here that most definitely wouldn't qualify as 'luxury items' :D
Fair enough, I guess. To the masses anything above slugged plastics would probably be considered luxury though. Dice chips are perfectly functional after all.

Another rant - people that provide screenshots of whatever it is they're selling. They have the picture there on their phone - but yet they upload the low-res screenshot instead of the actual picture itself! :unsure::wtf:
I’ll definitely protest side by side with you on this one. Posting thumbnail photos sucks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom