Are you playing during the pandemic? (1 Viewer)

Have you played live poker during the pandemic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We play more then we ever did (lockdowns) but all moved to mavens.

Played 1 live home game a couple months back when the local numbers were very very very low, but now we seem to have a surge so will need to watch the numbers carefully.

Played 2 homegames with my bubble buddies when things were looking better, but that ended immediately when infections started spiking again :(

Managed a couple of games post-lockdown in June and 6 live games since the end of August, but I suspect last week was the last one for the foreseeable future given the way things are looking here in Switzerland now, especially if the government introduces new lockdown measures, which seems inevitable at this point.

Much smaller just one table and cash games. I had to break in the HSI chips. Played when wife and kids were gone for the night once and also in an unused restaurant that I had access to.

Last edited:
Just once while away from the wife and kids for a month. I don't expect to host or regular game at home for the foreseeable future.

The majority of my PCF life has now been without poker. This makes me very anxious.

I hosted one 6 max cash game in my backyard when it was nicer weather and covid numbers were down. Also went to one 6 max home game with mandatory masks. Those were weeks ago though as numbers have increased again.

It's quite annoying that they make me go to work where I'm surrounded by hundreds of teenagers who don't give a f*** about social distancing yet I'm not allowed to have 5 friends over all wearing masks to play poker.

Want to, miss it a ton. My wife was pregnant in March and baby was born a montho ago and we have been extra cautious in light of the lack of data in how Covid affected pregnant moms and new babies. Until my little guy is old enough to get a fever without going to ER will prob stay that way. We have also avoided all family gatherings. Even grandparents have t been able to hold the new baby which sucks but that’s how we decided to manage the risk. Might be overkill but so it goes. My kid was born at Hopkins and we participated in a Covid study where they took a ton of samples from mom and baby, so hopefully that will contribute to better data for future expecting parents.

If I was young without kids or otherwise low risk I’d probably be more open to it. I also have no issue with others making different risk calculations than I am.

Yes, but I don't know for how much longer.

I restarted my game in July with face masks required at all times except when sipping a drink, no food at the table. Hand sanitizer compulsory when sitting down, leaving the table, and upon returning to the table to play.

I just had to cancel my cash game Sunday because one of the player's mother's bosses tested positive the same day of the game while he was with her for a few hours the day before game time. He held himself out of caution but that dropped the attendance down below 4, which is what I set for minimum to have a game.

So far 5 confirmed for a tournament on November 7, but lots can change between now and then. I am asking that anyone with direct COVID exposure at least 10 days prior or in a situation within 10 days of the game in which not wearing a mask in presence of lots of people was not possible to bow out. I trust my circle of invited players to make the right call.

Yes, started up last month with six players. Intentionally kept it at six players. Plan to open up the invite list next time.

After a couple month hiatus, we returned to play. Masks are worn by nearly everyone. Started at 5 max, but upped it to 6 max. Longer breaks to encourage hand washing, and not "grab by the handful" snacks.

I treat everyone as if they have COVID. That's no reason for me to lock down, just to take more precautions. If your precaution is to not play, then good on you, but if you are playing with the idea that you and your friends are in some COVID-free bubble... :banghead:

No, and I will not until something changes for the better. My in-laws are in my bubble and are north of 80. If something happened to them because I wanted to play cards, I couldnt live with it.

I have a thousand other hobbies to keep me busy, but I do miss cards.

I run a Monday night game, haven't missed a Monday in 2 months since we started back up until this past Monday, my wife and I had a baby this past weekend so I figured I should cancel lol...Always play either 8 or 9 handed plus a dealer.

Online only since late February. Sucks.

I run a Monday night game, haven't missed a Monday in 2 months since we started back up until this past Monday, my wife and I had a baby this past weekend so I figured I should cancel lol...Always play either 8 or 9 handed plus a dealer.

Congrats! Sleep deprivation is no good for poker - maybe take a break.

We have with bubble buddies when the numbers were getting better over the summer, but now that it's not looking good again, I'm going to lay low...

No live games since February. £10,000 fines now in place this month if I get caught having friends over.
They’ve increased this after 480 x £1,000 fines were handed out last month. They don’t think £1,000 was enough to discourage people... so no way I’m hosting anything until next year :(

I’d have to host at least two nights to get my £10k back :LOL: :laugh:

We took a hiatus over the summer, but poker is usually slow around the summer months here anyway.

Went to the meetup in Ohio last month. Had a blast.

Started our league last month, have had 2 games our 3rd is in 2 weeks.

We only play with individuals from work that I am exposed to on a daily basis anyway. No outside invites. It's made for smaller tables but til things clear up we will stay in our circle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom