April 27th - pokerGO High Stakes Poker livestream (1 Viewer)

Is Persson on drugs? I’ve seen him play a few times and I don’t ever remember him having crazy eyes like he has tonight.
I noticed it too and I think it’s lack of hat shadow. He always had hat as far as I can remember.

Also…looks like they put in extra delay up front, so that they could fast forward through breaks. Nice touch, PokerGo. Well done.

Is Persson on drugs? I’ve seen him play a few times and I don’t ever remember him having crazy eyes like he has tonight.
5A6AC083-7AE9-4F7C-9B82-79E21FDFF9B0.jpeg

You know Its a highroller game when a player leaves the game and leaves the 3 barrels of "1s" as a tip to the dealer but is actually refering to the hundos!
The dealers at this table deserve every penny. Airball’s drunk raises are going everywhere. And the nonstop noise from a few

nik airball. no sure what his strat is but im guessing hes trying to get invited to bigger games. made helmuth look like a saint in that stream.
I think his strategy is to be the bad guy.
Before he got drunk, I was going to comment that he seems like he has nothing to offer personality-wise, and that although he does a passable bad guy routine, he’s not at all interesting, amusing, or somebody you’d want at your table.
Then he got all drunk and really annoying.

This routine early on was entertaining

Edit: the airball routine. The nonstop chatter from polk and Lynne is insufferable

Did y’all see when Berkey slow played the pocket aces and then it bit him in the ass on fifth street and airball pushed him all in. That was a wild Turn of events

that was also my first time watching, I’ll tune in next time for sure

This showed the issue with 'Livestreams' involving too many characters. There was no pacing or conversation. It was just everyone talking over each other with Lynne laughing every 5 seconds. This 7 hour stream has maybe 20% footage worth keeping, with 10% dialogue -- So little quality. A few good moments

'That's a Nice Call...for me'
Doug's quip to JRB about playing more hands for his family to keep his daughter happy that she sees him.
Berkey talking about losing AA vs KK to JRB who went on to run up a massive score.

I would rather a stream with players like JRB, the English guy, telling tales. I'm sure there were issues with the original HSP filmings, but none of it seemed as 'forced.' Berkey's restraint when Airhead just crowed 'OMG you had a 500k stop loss, I would kill myself' yet just a few short months ago, he was folding KK on Qx222 to Rampage of all players for 14K more in much smaller game.

Berkey's restraint when Airhead just crowed 'OMG you had a 500k stop loss, I would kill myself'
I think he actually shouted that 3 times. Because he’s annoying. Which reminds me of my favorite quote of the stream. It was by commentator Nick Schulman, about Airball. And it’s special to me because it’s from Nick - a guy who isn’t afraid to speak the truth, but generally does a good job of staying above it; there’s a measure of gravitas to his comments:
“I bet this guy was a dick is high school.”

Brutal ending, my God. Imagine being down tens of thousands and having to listen to him haver.
In all my history of playing and watching, I’ve never ever seen anybody spread all their chips out in front of them, completely covering their two hole cards.

Yeah. If I was to run some type of heist/cheat on a stream, this is textbook how I would do it though. (appear to) Get progressively drunk, make everyone hate me, last hand of the night make a complete ass and cover my cards while people are walking away from the table and distracting the dealer. If I'm going to make some kind of switch its then lol, last hand while people think I'm steaming drunk.

Just musings. Instead, we got to see him embarass himself and lose lots of money, which makes me happy.

Let's face it: Arball and Lynne were just there for clout-chasing purposes.

I won't be surprised to see folks like Airball just dropping from the poker scene in a year or two ... maybe a combination of clout chasing and temporary obsession right now but they'll move on eventually, not because they will go broke, they'll just get bored.

I won't be surprised to see folks like Airball just dropping from the poker scene in a year or two ... maybe a combination of clout chasing and temporary obsession right now but they'll move on eventually, not because they will go broke, they'll just get bored.
My thoughts exactly!

I watched about 10 minutes. It was unwatchable. Just everyone talking over one another. The pacing/directing/cuts/camera angles was unpleasant to watch/follow. It felt like it was following some of the conversations rather than the action.

I think he actually shouted that 3 times. Because he’s annoying. Which reminds me of my favorite quote of the stream. It was by commentator Nick Schulman, about Airball. And it’s special to me because it’s from Nick - a guy who isn’t afraid to speak the truth, but generally does a good job of staying above it; there’s a measure of gravitas to his comments:
“I bet this guy was a dick is high school.”
He strikes me as someone that was bullied in high school…super insecure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom