Anyone used a locking medical box? (1 Viewer)

I saw that and its real slick, but i dont sit in the same spot every time and want a little more mobility.

What are you looking at the box for? Security during a game?

I would not go with a medicine box as it's likely not going to take the weight of 1000 chips - you're looking at around 10kg/22lb! This is why most advocate using pelican or similar cases. You can get pelican cases with locks built-in... for a price!

Reactions: Nex
Yeah i want it locked in game and dont want to deal with a padlock for speed and ease. I dont really need a pelican since the chips will never leave the room.

If you try let us know how it goes. That handle will prob not hold up to 1,000 chips though so be careful in transport.

It won't be mobile once filled with 1000 chips, and a built-in lock is worthless if the entire lid has torn off. The flimsy handle will snap off under the weight, or the entire lid will just buckle and rip off at the hinges and locking mechanism. Same thing for the shoulder strap connections if you choose to go that route. It's a lightweight case designed for light loads, and isn't up to the task you want for it. I think you'll be wasting fifty bucks and have a broken/unusable case after the very first time you try to move it.

You may not want or need the portability or waterproof features of a Pelican (or other sturdy generic) case, but they do have the durability that your application requires. Get a keyed version if you don't want to mess with a padlock.

Or just use a couple 500 or single 1000 chip regular case. I say 500 because you only need to lock up the chips that aren't in play.

The Versa cases have locks - not great but they're there.

I saw that and its real slick, but i dont sit in the same spot every time and want a little more mobility.

Build a drink cart and mount it under it. I slapped this one together in 30 minutes. Eventually I’ll do something to get rid of the corners and stain it. But it works awesome and saves me soooo much time not having to run to the back room for every rebuy.

67E4F232-FCBD-4A50-BE57-F2807B4C873B.jpeg

i think that may be the call. I gotta slow it down and think out the options, my cardroom is still under construction anyways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom