Armor Shield Screen Protector (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I m not sure about the ARMOR but I buy my screen protectors from http://www.xtremeguard.com/ They always have a 90% off or more, I just bought one for my daughter and a new one for me (my protector got cracked). I get the GLASS ones and they are pretty good, bought both for $5 with shipping. (total, for both)..

You may have to look up xtremegaurd codes, but they have one for 93% off right now. (CYBER92)

When I had the Note 7 (RIP) it was extremely difficult and frustrating to find a screen protector that worked with a case. The ones that claimed to be case friendly, worked with some cases but not all. But the Armorsuit (and Skinomi) worked with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid case I had.

But before finding the perfect combination I think I went through 7 or 8 screen protectors so I'd say I'm pretty good at applying the wet application type. Theres no adhesive on them nor does the application liquid "activate" any sort of adhesive. They are more like those plastic cling decorations that you would put on your windows. The liquid is to help with positioning and to minimize bubbles. So if you get anything stuck underneath like a hair or dust, just pull it back off and rinse it in some water and try again. The biggest challenge is the curved display and getting the screen protector to stick to the edges

My S8+ is being delivered today so I'm on a new journey to find a screen protector/case combo that works but i would recommend Armorsuit and that will one of the first i will try out.

I was thinking of getting this screen protector. Anyone use it? Solid reviews. I watched the youtube video and it doesn't look to be to much of a pain in the ass to put on.

https://www.amazon.com/Armorsuit-Mi...7-b4d4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop

I have that one installed on my Galaxy S7 (got at around Christmastime). I'd never used a screen protector before so it took a little while to get used to the feel (glass vs the coating material, which is just a tad "rubbery"), but it was easy to install, had no impact on the screen sensitivity and has held up perfect so far (4 months).

Thanks guys. Looking forward to upgrading from my galaxy 4. It's been pretty reliable for the last 6 years. Just recently started having problems with it

I have a Note 4 and have never used a screen protector, a case for sure, but never a protector. Do you need one? I've had them in the past for other phone and always found them to be a pain.

I have a Note 4 and have never used a screen protector, a case for sure, but never a protector. Do you need one? I've had them in the past for other phone and always found them to be a pain.

I wouldn't say it's necessary with gorilla glass getting stronger and stronger and being able to withstand scratches from everyday objects you keep in your pockets like keys and coins, it's not immune to everything, especially sand.

So spending <$20 for a little extra protection on a heavily used $700+ item like a cell phone is a no brainer for me at least

I wouldn't say it's necessary with gorilla glass getting stronger and stronger and being able to withstand scratches from everyday objects you keep in your pockets like keys and coins, it's not immune to everything, especially sand.

So spending <$20 for a little extra protection on a heavily used $700+ item like a cell phone is a no brainer for me at least
I don't disagree, I just haven't had any luck with them. They always peel or have bubbles. More trouble than they were worth IMO. I guess that's changed?

I'm a total klutz. I dropped one phone while rappelling off a 5 story building. Went swimming with another phone in my pocket. Had another phone shatter in my pocket trying to lift a patient out of a ditch.

I still will not use a screen protector. Gorilla glass is pretty tough (not 5 stories tough). Many swear by their Otter-boxes, but I have no wish to carry a bulky object around. I just have to accept that things can, will and do break. I simply budget for that, and buy my phones a year or two behind the curve to make up for the difference.

Had one but it was a PITA to apply (did it in the shower room after letting it run for five minutes so the steam got rid of all the dust in the air. Still got dust particles on the screen. This was for a Note 4 so it's my fault for having such a large frickin' screen)

I tried the applied screen protectors a couple of time when I got my first iPhone but they just peeled and bubbled up and just looked crappy after a few weeks. Never liked using my phone without a case anyway, didn't seem protected at all. Since then I just use a case that has screen protector built in like an OtterBox. Hate carrying my phone in my pocket so I wear it on my belt, no problem.

I've consistently used the screen protectors from Bodyguardz and found them to be nearly perfect. No peeling, no bubbling and they do what they are intended to do. Great customer service and excellent deals should you need a replacement. Well worth the investment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom