Chip/Cash Security Drawer under Poker Table (2 Viewers)

davin

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
So every cash game I host I'm constantly standing up to get people chips or cashing people out so I decided to find a security drawer to mount under my poker table. I also wanted to be able to lock it, so when I go to the bathroom or get something I don't need to be worried about leaving it unattended.

I came across server gear drawers and was the best decision. They usually mount on side tracks with its ears that stick out. I decided to drill holes in it and mount it to the table. Going to test it out this weekend and let you guys know how well it went. Here are some photos. You can get this from http://www.navepoint.com/rackmount-lockable-sliding-drawer-2u.html for $37.98 but they wouldn't ship to Hawaii as always so I purchased it on Amazon with free shipping for about 10$ more.
IMG_4157.JPG
IMG_4158.JPG
IMG_4159.JPG
IMG_4160.JPG
IMG_4161.JPG

By the way don't go with the smaller unit it's to short to accommodate a rack of chips , if you are going to put cash it will work out well

I have considered doing the same thing but was planning on building a drawer. This looks like it might be much better for what I need.

When you get some time could you post the interior dimensions?

I have considered doing the same thing but was planning on building a drawer. This looks like it might be much better for what I need.

When you get some time could you post the interior dimensions?
I thought about building as well but for less then 50$ there's def no way I'm building it, I highly recomend this, it's built tough and the lock is not rinkydinky, here's so pics of dimensions
IMG_4164.JPG
IMG_4165.JPG

When I get home I'll measure from the ground to the underneath of the box, I have no problem with it, like it's not even there, haven't hit my knees not once doing all the testing out, at the end of the poker session I remove the drawer so the table legs can fold right into the slot

When I get home I'll measure from the ground to the underneath of the box, I have no problem with it, like it's not even there, haven't hit my knees not once doing all the testing out, at the end of the poker session I remove the drawer so the table legs can fold right into the slot

Picture of how you mounted yours also, if not too much trouble, please.

Really like this solution :)

Picture of how you mounted yours also, if not too much trouble, please.

Really like this solution :)
Ok will do, I had to drill holes into the top of the box , then mounted with wood screws into table making sure the screws were not to long to go thru table but long enough to support the weight

I was just looking at the same draw this past weekend but wasn't sure how to mount it.

I am constantly running for more chips. It would be nice to have them secured and at the table.

No bottom or back on the server drawer frame makes that an easy install!

Thanks again (y) :thumbsup:

No bottom or back on the server drawer frame makes that an easy install!

Thanks again (y) :thumbsup:
Exactly why I went with it, you can pull the drawer complete out as well, which I have to do to fold the legs of the table in

Thanks for posting the pics! I also just ordered one.

My poor credit card, I did such a good job limiting using it last month and have blown it up already this month and it is only a week in :(

I was wondering how I would get a screwdriver on the back screws. The updated info clinches it. Order placed. Thanks for the heads-up!
My order is in.

@davin hit up Navepoint for a sales commission!
Thanks for posting the pics! I also just ordered one.

My poor credit card, I did such a good job limiting using it last month and have blown it up already this month and it is only a week in :(

Were you guys able to get the free shipping from there website ? They allowed me to place the order then 2 days later they told me they couldn't ship it to me (hawaii) and refunded me, so I was able to find it on amazon for few dollars more but with free shipping.

I'll try and get a photo later with the table collapsed and legs folded in with drawer removed

As far as I know. We'll see what happens two days from now!

Probably just an up charge for shipping to blissful paradise islands :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Amazon's a good fall back if that happens.

Either way good cost-effective solution to a home-built drawer.

Were you guys able to get the free shipping from there website ? They allowed me to place the order then 2 days later they told me they couldn't ship it to me (hawaii) and refunded me, so I was able to find it on amazon for few dollars more but with free shipping.

Yes I got free shipping.

Don't most people who do this have it on a side cart? Not everybody would have the space to do this on their table, especially if it's a fold-up.
It is a fold up table, I used to have chips in a side drawer not next to me and that's why I want to avoid that I want to be able to be at table when I cash out or give people chips....
I was going to mount it under the #9 seat which allows me to fold table with out removing the drawer. However I decided to mount it in the middle and I remove the drawer before folding table up. I'll get photos with the legs folded flat

Don't most people who do this have it on a side cart? Not everybody would have the space to do this on their table, especially if it's a fold-up.

Now if you are talking about a half table split in the middle I def don't know how you will use this

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom