Anyone use a poker topper/mat as a desk mat? (2 Viewers)

broski_ICE

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I recently got a new desk and am looking for a new mat to lay on it under my key board, laptop stand, and such.

I realized I keep a stack of chips on my desk to shuffle and play with to keep my hands busy!

I see on amazon and other places they make those portable/temporary poker mats in about the size of a desk mat..

My question... does anyone use one of those as a desk mat? I can't tell if the top of them are like a neoprene material or felt.

If anything, I thought about making a felt one with loose poker felt, but would have to do some research on how to make that and do it correctly.

Thanks guys!

I recently got a new desk and am looking for a new mat to lay on it under my key board, laptop stand, and such.

I realized I keep a stack of chips on my desk to shuffle and play with to keep my hands busy!

I see on amazon and other places they make those portable/temporary poker mats in about the size of a desk mat..

My question... does anyone use one of those as a desk mat? I can't tell if the top of them are like a neoprene material or felt.

If anything, I thought about making a felt one with loose poker felt, but would have to do some research on how to make that and do it correctly.

Thanks guys!
Most of the poker mats I’ve seen are Neoprene. I’ve seen many people mention that they’re essentially the same as the mouse/desk pads that are available. I think a custom one from @rjdev7 listed above would be perfect for what you want.

Personally, I’d worry about felt fuzz getting caught in your mouse after extended use.

How big a mat are you looking for?

If you're happy with neoprene why not just get a gaming mat? They can be large and there are a million and one designs out there or can be customised.

I’m not just a member…

520CD8DD-DB69-46AF-A6C4-A105039E43D1.jpeg

If you're happy with neoprene why not just get a gaming mat? They can be large and there are a million and one designs out there or can be customised.
the gaming mats are exactly what my supplier does (rubber back, smooth surface like a mousepad)

I love the gaming mouse pads that cover the whole desktop. I have one that’s about 32-36” wide x 16” deep, like the one here:
https://a.co/d/8QKn7JU

It’s got a neoprene back with smooth cloth top, just like a poker topper. Not great for righting with paper, but I have other surfaces for that.

Most of the poker mats I’ve seen are Neoprene. I’ve seen many people mention that they’re essentially the same as the mouse/desk pads that are available. I think a custom one from @rjdev7 listed above would be perfect for what you want.

Personally, I’d worry about felt fuzz getting caught in your mouse after extended use.
Aye thanks a ton for this comment. I haven't experienced one of those mats but that makes sense
The fuzz getting caught makes sense... but at the same time it would be cool to work on just a poker table type top! At least in theory lol, could be more hassle than it's worth

Thanks for this! I didn't realize they were all neoprene for the poker mats too. Maybe I'll look into this angle a little more!

I’m not just a member…
Barrels on the desk... usb-c hub that is essential but annoying for wire management... altoids tin... 2 burts bees because they're cheaper to by in multiple packs..
All I need to add to my current setup is the PCF mat!

hello me

Neopren... Reason is I kept hurting my elbows... Not anymore

I'll keep these in mind!! They are awesome. A full size one might be out of budget for right now, does your supplier charge that for the product of more for the material used?
something smaller would be cheaper. PM me if you want to chat more

I play Magic: the Gathering and use playmats from that game as mousepads/shuffle pads all the time. They have them in plain colors as well as fantasy designs.

Figured I’d share this in case people didn’t wanna use their PCF mat or can’t get one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom