Any recommendations for buying a poker table? (1 Viewer)

ranger764

Flush
Reaction score
Hey guys, looks like I waited too long on buying a chanman table as they are no longer making basic tables only custom orders. I’m looking for a nice quality, but basic table like chanman made. Any recommendations for a builder in the U.S? Any Colorado members have anybody locally that makes a good quality table? Thanks!
Brian

This is what they emailed me last week:
“I regret to inform you that we no longer have "basic" models for sale. All tables full custom as of several months ago. You can view prices on our website, chanmapokertables.com/pricing for our custom tables. ”
When I priced out a table that would have been basic it seemed much higher than they had been

A basic table from any good table builder will run ~$700 minimum plus shipping. Your best bet for a cheaper alternative is finding a new local builder getting his feet wet, craiglist, or BBO (cheaper but not as good quality). Or build one yourself, its really not that difficult to build a basic table with all the online resources. Materials for a good basic table will run you $400.

A basic table from any good table builder will run ~$700 minimum plus shipping. Your best bet for a cheaper alternative is finding a new local builder getting his feet wet, craiglist, or BBO (cheaper but not as good quality). Or build one yourself, its really not that difficult to build a basic table with all the online resources. Materials for a good basic table will run you $400.
Thx. Me and my buddy did build one probably 15 years ago. I was just looking for something with cup holders in rail and just a little bit nicer than what we did. This table has seen better days with all the traveling it has done.
FBF8E6F0-06F4-47BE-B1DB-CF35E378A108.jpeg

Irish is a top notch table builder.

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. What I was trying to say was that a basic folding table from a good builder is not going to be inexpensive. Tony can likely build you what you want, it's just a custom order. There are a few larger builders in the US who will ship like Big Slik and Rye Park, but it'll probably be in the same ballpark pricewise (likely more).

Put up a WTB here for a local builder in your area, you may get lucky and find one to avoid having to pay for shipping. I'm mostly retired from building (just build for local PCFers here and there now) and didn't ship tables when I did build regularly, and I typically steered folks out of my area to Tony.

Is BBO considered cheap? I was on the verge of ordering one of their tables with the fixed legs and led lights, price was between $2,500-$3000 depending on what options you want. On that note, should i pull the trigger? they look like really good tables

Is BBO considered cheap? I was on the verge of ordering one of their tables with the fixed legs and led lights, price was between $2,500-$3000 depending on what options you want. On that note, should i pull the trigger? they look like really good tables
Sorry...all I could think of was this scene...saw the handle..!! Hahahaha
ThunderousIllinformedEmu-small.gif

This is GOLF!!! Go back to your shanties!!

I can't personally speak to their higher end tables, but their target market is typically between the really garbage $100 eBay tables and a really nice custom table from someone like @T_Chan. I would recommend contacting Tony to price out a similar table, and wouldn't be surprised if you found out there wasn't that much of a price difference. YMMV.

I can't personally speak to their higher end tables, but their target market is typically between the really garbage $100 eBay tables and a really nice custom table from someone like @T_Chan. I would recommend contacting Tony to price out a similar table, and wouldn't be surprised if you found out there wasn't that much of a price difference. YMMV.
Sweet I will check him out. I see that BBO is offering a free auto shuffler ($1000 value) with the purchase of a table. Sounds like a sweet deal. What are everyone’s thoughts on a dealer tray, cash box and auto shuffler for a home game table? I’m worried with the dealer rotating as in typical home games having all that on the felt is not needed.

You don't need/want a dealer tray if you don't have a dedicated dealer, and even then it uses up a lot of table surface.

There are different qualities of auto shufflers - you probably want to do your research before diving into this expensive option. Some people who have them don't mount them into the table, but into a side cart (which can also be your chip storage).

Cash boxes can be useful if you incorporate it well into the design of the whole table.

Surprised Gorilla Gaming didn't get mentioned in here!

I can't personally +1 them, but I'm on the verge of buying a table from them. They look great and they build tables for the WSOP, so I think they are pretty good at it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom