Any interest? Custom ceramics made for the Full Tilt Million Dollar Cash Game (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would contact him if you are not interested and would work the GB if needed.

It all depends on the amount of chips. As someone said earlier 5K is way different then 500K and so forth.

I've expressed interest, with an offer. Now waiting to hear exactly what is for sale. Next move is on the buyer.

Did anything happen with this? I’m interested. Is the buyer based in the UK? I might be in a position to buy the lot and parcel them off to interested parties...

This entire deal stinks to high heaven.

Seller supposedly refused to disclose quantity or breakdown until an offer was made. Offer was made, no response. Now you're brokering a deal to somebody else?

Total BS and very shady. Zero transparency going on here.

I can only assume you made an offer per chip, and they didn't like the offer.

In the past I've PM'd members here offering to pay full asking price in response to a for-sale ad and not received a response. Just seems to be the way things are done these days.

@1pbce1 im confused. BG said he was making an offer, and it sounded at first as if you were presenting this to the owner. Then you start talking with another chap, who starts insinuating that a price was agreed up? What gives? And I 100% understand BG’s frustration.

This is my first one of these so my apologies.

BG I simply forgot to tell you - the seller wants someone UK based, to pickup only, and I see you're in the states.

My bad. I'll never be doing this again! FWIW I'm getting nothing out of this

How do you know I don't have UK mailing address, or couldn't arrange a local pickup?

Just more BS. Carry on with your shady deal. Hope your cut was worth the loss in integrity.

I think that's really a really unfair and spiteful post. Like I said, I've never done one of these before, and as it wasn't benefiting me at all I let it slip, it was only as someone bumped the thread I remembered it.

Yes I've made mistakes but like I said, I'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE, and certainly won't again, way too much hassle.

I am trying to make this right with the new buyer BG, hopefully we can come to an arrangement.

I assure you this is all just down to my incompetence.

Blimey. Bit harsh.

Anyhoo, as I said in my original post *if* this does go ahead I’m very happy to parcel these up and distribute to any interested parties (at cost) - it entirely depends on what we’re looking at in terms of quantities (still waiting to hear back). Not buying these to sell at a profit, just wanted some myself and thought it would be easier as I’m in the UK, especially if the owner is looking to shift the lot to a single buyer. If it’s like 5k chips that’s about 4.5k more than I’d ever want.

Give the guy a break, it’s his first time doing this. I don’t blame him for saying he’s not going to bother in the future if this is the reaction.

Anyhoo, I don’t mind standing down if BG wants to match the Seller’s price.

Handbags at dawn.

Last edited:
as I said in my original post *if* this does go ahead I’m very happy to parcel these up and distribute to any interested parties (at cost).

I don’t mind standing down if BG wants to match the Buyers price.
Appreciate both offers, @Friday Night Poker . Seriously, very generous on both counts, and the gestures are much appreciated although certainly not expected. (y) :thumbsup:

But at this point, we (or at least most of us) are still clueless regarding both price ~and~ quantity (which is fucking ridiculous), along with any other stipulations the seller may have that the OP (broker) hasn't yet shared.

And to the nay-sayers, I stand by my assertion that the entire deal has -- and continues to be -- very questionable from the get-go.

Zero transparency, limited available information, and no feedback/responses to legitimate offers. If simply trying to help facilitate a transaction, why not just supply the seller's info (privately) and step aside... or explain why that's not possible in this case.

Call it harsh or spiteful if you like, but under those conditions above is ~exactly~ how shady deals are conducted, and where/when chippers get burned. Maybe the OP is innocent here, maybe not -- but what has transpired so far certainly warrants calling out as a possible word of warning.

Appreciate both offers, @Friday Night Poker . Seriously, very generous on both counts, and the gestures are much appreciated although certainly not expected. (y) :thumbsup:

But at this point, we (or at least most of us) are still clueless regarding both price ~and~ quantity (which is fucking ridiculous), along with any other stipulations the seller may have that the OP (broker) hasn't yet shared.

And to the nay-sayers, I stand by my assertion that the entire deal has -- and continues to be -- very questionable from the get-go.

Zero transparency, limited available information, and no feedback/responses to legitimate offers. If simply trying to help facilitate a transaction, why not just supply the seller's info (privately) and step aside... or explain why that's not possible in this case.

Call it harsh or spiteful if you like, but under those conditions above is ~exactly~ how shady deals are conducted, and where/when chippers get burned. Maybe the OP is innocent here, maybe not -- but what has transpired so far certainly warrants calling out as a possible word of warning.

If you find this deal questionable then I’d advise you to just walk away. You’ve sounded the warning, now let them figure it out.

I never saw where “dibs in the thread” gave anyone any right to purchase these or even participate in the deal in any way.

I’d say just get over it and move on.

If someone really wants to sell something, one has to (at the very least), disclose WHAT YOU ARE SELLING. Ok, so we can go into the historical record and maybe see some blurry images of the product itself as it's being used. But quantities matter as well, and is always material to any potential offer to sell. And if you refuse to disclose that, then you can expect any potential buyer who is in the dark about everything to offer something really lowball just to get things started because he's not going to risk anything substantial if he doesn't know what he's getting. I'd actually be surprised if you'd generated any offers at all beyond a list of interest, unless it is something known to be in great demand (which obviously these aren't).

So, if the seller is feeling "insulted" by the initial offer, then he has only himself to blame because he's never given any information that would allow any potential buyer to make even a reasonable offer. And by refusing to negotiate or provide more information, and just shutting the offer out, and all this being witnessed by a small group of people that might represent a large part of the potential customer base, that won't be giving any confidence signals that a potential deal can be reached, or even if a verbal deal can be reached that it would be honoured at the selling end.

This criticism has nothing to do with the involvement of the middle party in trying to broker this deal. In fact, I wish to thank all those involved on this side for doing the investigation to see if a sale was possible. It might still be salvageable, but at this point there is no reason not to just walk away. No parting shots required.

Update

Got back from India on the 24th and collected these from the Seller, so all went well. Thanks to OP for organising everything. There are only 3100 chips. I’ll be letting some of them go to a few of my friends here in London but I’ll also contact interested parties and see about getting some of these out to PCFers, although it might have to be in sets of 200-300 to ensure everyone gets something...

Attachments

• 0A6DDC26-381A-4E50-9231-F0BAFEF78AEF.jpeg
    0A6DDC26-381A-4E50-9231-F0BAFEF78AEF.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 280
  • A85ACB99-774F-4F69-A919-46F7A22B8023.jpeg
    A85ACB99-774F-4F69-A919-46F7A22B8023.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 269
As an addendum, I was considering employing a graphic designer to mock up a 5k chip (which I think this set is missing) based on this design (perhaps in forest green or something). I’ll keep you posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom