Another newbie (1 Viewer)

Conch Cowboy

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Have enjoyed playing poker on occasion for the past few decades. Never bought poker chips as I rarely hosted and borrowed dice chips when the game was at my place. Family decided to get me some poker chips for my birthday and opened a can of worms. Spent tons of time learning about the chips and chippers the past few days. May still get cheap chips, but almost got the nerve to dig deeper when I saw https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/inter-continental-tournament-set.34539/ . Nice community you have here.

Welcome! Stick around and browse this place for a week and before you know it you won’t be able to help yourself from blowing your savings on what you suspect is your grail set...

...until you find another grail set you want!

Welcome! If we're being honest, most of us have bought many times and cried twice (coming and going!). It's a great time though. Stick around and embrace the craziness.

Thanks for the welcome. Looking for a tourney set for 15-20 people. Don't play too often, and host less frequently. Spent way more time than I ever thought I would looking for chips (falling into the rabbit hole time-wise at least). I want something more special than the regular chips I'm used to playing with (but not something so nice I'm afraid to play with them). Not sure I can afford the Paulsons. Saw some BJ Yakama Legends I thought I could use (treating $1 as $1,000 and $5 as $5,000). Anyone know if these are similar to the Intercontinental San Juan chips I linked to above? Are these V7? Trying to grab 4-6 of these chips to add to the other samples I now have on my desk so I will feel more confident about pulling the trigger or allowing to pass without regret if/when the next time an opportunity arises. The idea of suction on poker chips does not sound so appealing.

Anyway, nice community you have here.

Welcome Cowboy! As a newbie very much in the chip search rabbit hole, I can relate.. (y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom