Angle shooting at WSOP (1 Viewer)

No forward motion rule in the WSOP? Huh...interesting. I thought that was pretty standard but I guess not. Curious if the Rio has a forward motion rule.

Interesting....I know Matt was probably not wanting to slow roll, but I wouldn't have flipped my cards over until I knew the action was complete....especially if the other player didn't verbally commit to the All In.
That would have protected his hand until the flop action and he could proceed from there.
Definitely a shitty move by "Sam" (was it Grizzle?), but if I were in Matt's seat, I would have said "Call" and waited for the chips to come together, then flipped it over....

Hopefully this won't happen to me in 2 weeks. ;)
nitzilla
P.S. Glad to see Mike still at it, I haven't watched much poker on TV since we cut our cable about 5 years ago, I really miss the coverage, but just can't justify the bill...

That's a bullshit rule.
And who's calling hold em in a dealers choice game?
I saw on Daniel's video that Helmuth was calling badacey. I had to google that one.

Last edited:
And who's calling hold em in a dealers choice game?

People who think they have an advantage in nlhe over the others at the table I would imagine.

And yeah, I never understood this rule the first time I saw it come up and I don't understand it now. Seems to me taking your chips in your hand and extending them forward, and not just a little forward we're talking as far as you can reach, has to mean you are betting those chips. When these situations come up it's never "Well I moved this stack 3" forward to bring them around the front of my stack,,," it's always a situation where everybody on the table agrees that the chips were extended way out onto the table. The rule needs to change imo, put in language that protects someone who is tanking and playing with their chips so that any amount of forward motion is not considered a bet, but if there is a reasonable conclusion chips were extended way out onto the table that has to be the bet (or call).

Interesting....I know Matt was probably not wanting to slow roll, but I wouldn't have flipped my cards over until I knew the action was complete....especially if the other player didn't verbally commit to the All In....
Funny you say this. I was in a wsop daily deep stack about 3 or 4 years ago with 3 player action. I held AA and a player went all in. I was extremely deliberate not wanting to call before the other player had acted and I stopped to conform with the dealer that it was my turn before calling. I then got berated for slow rolling. Cuts both ways.

Funny you say this. I was in a wsop daily deep stack about 3 or 4 years ago with 3 player action. I held AA and a player went all in. I was extremely deliberate not wanting to call before the other player had acted and I stopped to conform with the dealer that it was my turn before calling. I then got berated for slow rolling. Cuts both ways.
Good, because, you know, taking three seconds to confirm that the player before you has acted when someone at the table has gone all in is so much worse than going in the tank for five minutes after they do so. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, were you berated by the dealer or one of the other players?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom