Almost ready (3 Viewers)

17084478445238590658139038605054.jpg

I've been shuffling these for a week now on my daily work calls and I love them. I've not handled many plastic chips, but I'm going to get a set of these as soon as possible.

Colors are vibrant, and they handle well. Weighty. A tad slippery when pushing a stack into the middle, but not a problem in a stack next to me.

I do not like the textured inlay. I have overhead lights and the label catches the light to make it hard to read across the table. I'm definitely getting the smooth label.

I really like these chips.

I'll check with Steve if I can post the full lineup, but these are my samples.View attachment 1277467View attachment 1277469View attachment 1277470View attachment 1277501View attachment 1277502
Can definitely see some of the texture stuff @detroitdad mentioned

Man, these look killer, would love to feel 10-20 of them if anybody can loan me a barrel (I’ll cover shipping obv)

So - to clarify the only NCV colors are white, blue and brown? A pink chip might’ve sealed the deal to finally get a snapper limit set…
These are the 3 non-denominated chips

1708454474965.png

@CraigT78 your pics really illustrate the issue with lighting and the textured label.
I have direct overhead lighting. Someone with indirect lighting might not have an issue with them. The textured labels are nice, but wouldn't work in my room.

I've been shuffling these for a week now on my daily work calls and I love them. I've not handled many plastic chips, but I'm going to get a set of these as soon as possible.

Colors are vibrant, and they handle well. Weighty. A tad slippery when pushing a stack into the middle, but not a problem in a stack next to me.

I do not like the textured inlay. I have overhead lights and the label catches the light to make it hard to read across the table. I'm definitely getting the smooth label.

I really like these chips.

I'll check with Steve if I can post the full lineup, but these are my samples.View attachment 1277467View attachment 1277469View attachment 1277470View attachment 1277501View attachment 1277502
Can you compare their feel and handling to the Abiattis (like crown plaza?)

Abbiates have a unique feel, it is hard to explain, they are almost rubbery. I would say they are closer in feel to Matsui chips, however I think these Sun-Fly chips are less slippery and to me have a better feel. Also the quality across the sample chips is excellent. All chips have the same hight, etc. If I remember correctly Abbiate had some quality issues.

I am sending a barrel of chips to Tommy. He will be able to compare them. I am sending 10 chips to two different members whom I am sure will share their input.

will sample sets be offered during the group buy ?
There is no MOQ for the GB, and we are probably going to set the price at $1 each, shipping and duty cost from CN to the US are included, however kindly be aware that this cost does not include the reshipping cost within the US. I believe Craig @CraigT78 is going to help us to reship via USPS within the US, we are still waiting to calculate the loading quantities of each USPS boxes.

These look absolutely amazing!

Im really curious as to what is the exact material being used for the 40mm chip. Is it a clay composite with an iron slug inside or some other configuration?

Also noted that you said that these chips are molded rather than printed on which gives them a different feel. What is the difference exactly in terms of the feel, and does the molding process drive up the per unit price of the chips significantly?

Thanks!

Im really curious as to what is the exact material being used for the 40mm chip. Is it a clay composite with an iron slug inside or some other configuration?
There is a metal insert inside to increase the weight.

Also noted that you said that these chips are molded rather than printed on which gives them a different feel. What is the difference exactly in terms of the feel, and does the molding process drive up the per unit price of the chips significantly?
The feel is very subjective, you may refer to what P5WOODY describes. Molding process definitely increase the cost of each chip, the more colors the chips are, the more cost we have to spend. Just consider it each color will require an injection molding phase.

Sure - send me some, and I will compare!

So no, I cannot.
I’ve long since passed on my sample stack. But if you haven’t tried them out, you absolutely should. They’re easily the best feeling plastics as far as I can tell. Unfortunately they have a giant price tag to match that evaluation.

Sure if we need a $20 or any other denomination, I can create it. Note: We don't have a $20 chip, you would need to use one of the non-denominated chiips.
The reason is the denom is injection molded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom