All Out Pokers Low Stakes Home game (1 Viewer)

AllOutPoker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone, ive been an observer of this site reading some really good topics on the forum (mostly about poker chips) I ended up getting involved in the RFID hardware for poker and built my own custom table. I just started running games for the last 2 months, figured id give you all a look at what I'm working on.

Setup looks awesome.

What is the dealer inputting on the tablet? (Are you the dealer?) How many cameras are you running? One facing each end of the table, one facing the opposite of the dealer, and a fourth overhead for the board cards?

How does your crew like having all that info available for everyone to see later?

Thanks, so I am the dealer, and what I input into the table is everyone's action, bet raise call etc. For cameras I run 4 cameras. I've been moving them around to try and figure out what works best. I have 2 facing each side of the table, and one facing the front behind the dealer. That video might be different. I also have a camera about the table looking down at the community cards.
The community is super supportive of what I'm doing. It a complete one man operation. They know the info isn't available to anyone and the only way the get to see it is in the final product. So its fun :)

What are you using for software to input the action on the table (and presumably to track players stacks?) Is it part of the RFID software, or are you doing that separately?

Would love to do something similar some time.

What are you using for software to input the action on the table (and presumably to track players stacks?) Is it part of the RFID software, or are you doing that separately?

Would love to do something similar some time.
I think https://www.videopokertable.net/ is the one most use. I know @eightyWon is working on his own alternate option.

Yup thats the site! The app on the tablet is called Action Tracker. its tracks the player stacks and allows me to input the action so you get to see the graphics of each players action on the video.

I think I found your channel around a month ago. It's awesome seeing how you've progressed over it. I'm also seriously impressed by how you're dealing and inputting in the hand information. Are you getting tired while dealing or is it manageable?

I think I found your channel around a month ago. It's awesome seeing how you've progressed over it. I'm also seriously impressed by how you're dealing and inputting in the hand information. Are you getting tired while dealing or is it manageable?
Thanks, Its actually not that bad honestly, I deal for 4 hours straight. its the limit on my cameras because I shoot in 4k. Inputting the hand information isnt actually that bad. I found it worse for tournaments because there are more zeros to enter for bets and sometimes people act very quick and its impossible to follow the action.
I do get tired but that is because I just finished working a full day at work and having 2 small kids. we start at around 7-8pm and go to about 1 am roughly

Very cool! What cameras are you using? Noticed there is a lot of grain despite the lighting setup. Are you just running a really deep aperture to try and keep a deep focus plane?

I love the production. My only suggestion would be to install or improve some of the sound deadening. If you take out just a small amount of the room reverb, it will cut down on some of the background crosstalk. (But I'm a retired studio nerd. It may just be me.)

Excellent work.
Thanks, Its a work in progress, i will be working at upgrading the audio down the road. When it comes to audio, i am way out of my league. I might try a few different set ups to see which one will work best. I was told a shotgun mic as the main audio would work well, or just get a recorder and set it on the table. I usually try and take the best bang for your buck route. Because i'm cheap lol

Very cool! What cameras are you using? Noticed there is a lot of grain despite the lighting setup. Are you just running a really deep aperture to try and keep a deep focus plane?
Im using old Samsung cellphones. Ive got 2 mounted on the sides and one over the flop. I also have my main camera which is a Canon R7 with the kit lens. Sometimes i zoom during the editing so thats prob why you are seeing a ton of grain. Its a complete 1 man set up. So im doing everything myself including the dealing and inputting actions into the tablet

I deal for 4 hours straight
we start at around 7-8pm and go to about 1 am
Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat

lol well part of that is checking the system and getting rebuys for people lol

Im using old Samsung cellphones. Ive got 2 mounted on the sides and one over the flop. I also have my main camera which is a Canon R7 with the kit lens. Sometimes i zoom during the editing so thats prob why you are seeing a ton of grain. Its a complete 1 man set up. So im doing everything myself including the dealing and inputting actions into the tablet
Ahhh makes sense! Still looks pretty damn sleek for a home game setup! subscribed. Best of luck going forward!

Because i'm cheap

Thanks, Its a work in progress
It wouldn't take much to try things out. A small curtain, a few egg cartons, etc. I didn't detect any issues with bass frequencies drowning out the sound, but if you did experience that, consider the following: Low frequencies tend to react to corners, a small amount of a dense material in the upper corners of the room will knock it out.

Nerd Alert Level 5

It wouldn't take much to try things out. A small curtain, a few egg cartons, etc. I didn't detect any issues with bass frequencies drowning out the sound, but if you did experience that, consider the following: Low frequencies tend to react to corners, a small amount of a dense material in the upper corners of the room will knock it out.

Nerd Alert Level 5
haha thanks when i upgrade ill see if i can tweak it a bit

Have you thought about moving into livestreaming?
Live streaming is a pretty large undertaking for something like this. Especially while keeping it secure for the players.

He'd need a dealer, switcher, and likely a commentator at minimum. Plus having to cable everything back to a switcher board with a couple grand in equipment.

Live streaming is a pretty large undertaking for something like this. Especially while keeping it secure for the players.

He'd need a dealer, switcher, and likely a commentator at minimum. Plus having to cable everything back to a switcher board with a couple grand in equipment.
I’m sure he’s thought about it and dreamed it.

Good point

Thanks, Its actually not that bad honestly, I deal for 4 hours straight. its the limit on my cameras because I shoot in 4k. Inputting the hand information isnt actually that bad. I found it worse for tournaments because there are more zeros to enter for bets and sometimes people act very quick and its impossible to follow the action.
I do get tired but that is because I just finished working a full day at work and having 2 small kids. we start at around 7-8pm and go to about 1 am roughly
Hi AllOutPoker,

Congratulations on all your achievements, really brilliant.

I subscribe to your YouTube channel. My wife and I loved watching your poker table set up videos and then your game broadcasts.

I am about to begin the same kind of project to build an RFID poker table. I have never done anything like this. It’s just for home use with our mates to document and have fun when we play our T-1000 tourneys (for small stakes cash.

I was going to purchase PokerGFX but really like the idea of learning and purchasing and installing my own RFID equipment but I understand that PokerGFX is only compatible with its own hardware RFID readers etc. so I am just considering my options.

Would you mind listing your equipment and any alternatives. I would really be grateful to learn from you and your experiences.

Thanks.

Best regards,
C&R79

Hi AllOutPoker,

Congratulations on all your achievements, really brilliant.

I subscribe to your YouTube channel. My wife and I loved watching your poker table set up videos and then your game broadcasts.

I am about to begin the same kind of project to build an RFID poker table. I have never done anything like this. It’s just for home use with our mates to document and have fun when we play our T-1000 tourneys (for small stakes cash.

I was going to purchase PokerGFX but really like the idea of learning and purchasing and installing my own RFID equipment but I understand that PokerGFX is only compatible with its own hardware RFID readers etc. so I am just considering my options.

Would you mind listing your equipment and any alternatives. I would really be grateful to learn from you and your experiences.

Thanks.

Best regards,
C&R79
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the support. Truly... I am planning on do a full table long form video and talk about problems and how things were done. Also some updates and reviews on me using it. There is a ton of equipment. As for RFID hardware. just buy everything they recommend on the site. Thats what I did. As for video stuff i'm still working on building my equipment.

Thanks @AllOutPoker and @ngmcs8203 and @eightyWon.

@eightyWon would you kindly let me know the status of your project? I saw that you have been very productive.

I have been in touch with the producers of PokerGFX but I have found their tone to be less than enthusiastic in their response or helpfulness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom