All Jack's Detroit Pr0n goes here (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I think the 11g they put on the proofs is probably just a standard weight back from the leaded days (though most leaded 39mm are under 11g).
The star chips are similar weights to the JACKs, with the lightest I know of being the ES $25 at 8.1g
I also noticed the ES$25 to be super light

I also noticed the ES$25 to be super light
Color relates to weight.. brighter (fluorescent) colors in general seem to weigh less.. most likely due to the composition to achieve the colors.
So the Day Green base color of the ES $25 chip is the reason for the lighter weight.
For example the JACK $25s are the same base color (Munzell Green) and I suspect the somewhat large hot pink edgespots on the JACK $25 sec is contributing to the slightly lighter weight relative to the $25 pri

Color relates to weight.. brighter (fluorescent) colors in general seem to weigh less.. most likely due to the composition to achieve the colors.
So the Day Green base color of the ES $25 chip is the reason for the lighter weight.
For example the JACK $25s are the same base color (Munzell Green) and I suspect the somewhat large hot pink edgespots on the JACK $25 sec is contributing to the slightly lighter weight relative to the $25 pri
How close is day green to munzell green? I just noticed the jack 25 is the same base as my Tonkawa 25

Thanks softchewy.
I was hoping these would all be closer to 9.5g though :unsure:. I woulda gone nuts if they really were 11g!!
Oh well

Last edited:
How close is day green to munzell green? I just noticed the jack 25 is the same base as my Tonkawa 25
Not too far off, but depends on lighting.

Bright Daylight - Top to bottom:
Dark Green (I believe - it's a HS Cleveland $25 sec so someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Munzell Green
Munzell Green
Day Green
Sherbet Green (Siena NCV 25)

Shadow daylight - Top to bottom:
Munzell Green
Munzell Green
Day Green
Sherbet Green (Siena NCV 25)

Shadow daylight - Day Green sandwiched between Munzell

Last edited:
B0FCCEA3-1D55-41A4-8F79-3DE95D03881C.jpeg

@softchewy : The bottle chips looks to me more like a Sherbet Green than an Indian Blue, Paul.

Is that a GPI sample color chip?
It's a Siena 25 NCV.. I was told it was Indian Blue, but could definitely be Sherbet Green..
Definitely looks like a bright green to me
Know of any other chips with Indian Blue in them?

A quick pick to see how Jack colors compare to some others I had.
I did not originally care for the reds and greens from the proof. What a dope I was.

View attachment 261892
Can you do me a favour and take a pic with the Cleveland secondary $500 with the $5, sec $25 and pri $100? Can you also take a pic of a couple $500 mixed into a barrel of $100, and a couple $100s in a stack of $500s?

I have 3 barrels of $500 Cleve secondary waiting for labels.

Thanks
Grant

Thank you! What is your opinion on using the cleve sec as $500 based on having them there on hand?

looks great ... maybe a tiny bit worse for dirty stacks but don't think it would stop me from using them.
Hard to tell until you play for real under crappy lighting. All in all I say thumbs up.

Nice pics everyone! Thinking of getting a small set. Most of the chips look phenomenal in racks, but could somebody take a picture of a rack consisting of 50 secondary 25s and 50 primary 100s. I'd like to know if I can live with a mixed rack like that :)

Nice pics everyone! Thinking of getting a small set. Most of the chips look phenomenal in racks, but could somebody take a picture of a rack consisting of 50 secondary 25s and 50 primary 100s. I'd like to know if I can live with a mixed rack like that :)
i told someone earlier that the Secondary $25s look better with the $5s...and the Primary $25s look better with the Primary $100s

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom