SOLD Alert - TRK Tri Moon Cali Cash Set - Rare Listing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says the denom on both sides?
Pretty sure they're Rusty's 25c chips.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 134359.jpg

(Pictures from ChipGuide)

I'm just going to leave this right here.

@inca911's had the brilliant idea of creating these.
If I thought I could find a couple racks of Mapes $5s to go with these, I think I'd have to say bye-bye to my Tiger claws.

As I said...those yellow $5s are sooooooooooooo tempting! I've dreamt of them for years.

View attachment 1098658

Photo credit: @inca911

Forest made these? My Macaus look just like these are are leaded as well. I’ve been looking for these

Where did you find this info? I thought Spragg discussed it before where not all chips produced on the crown molds were manufactured by TRK, but don’t recall anything about TRK changing formula? It would make sense, but I’ve never seen it stated before like with Paulson
And I still can’t believe people would have different opinion of that frac because of the formula

And I still can’t believe people would have different opinion of that frac because of the formula
We’re a wild bunch, to be sure, eh? But, I’m basing this off my own experience with light (by weight, regardless of any formula particulars) hotstamped TRKs. I don’t think I’d be happy with them and I’m not going to spend $15/chip to find out.

We’re a wild bunch, to be sure, eh? But, I’m basing this off my own experience with light (by weight, regardless of any formula particulars) hotstamped TRKs. I don’t think I’d be happy with them and I’m not going to spend $15/chip to find out.
especially wild since you can get 14g chips with real metal slugs in them for so cheap, but everyone here hates those.

I understand what you’re saying above about weight difference though, and not wanting to pay the premium sight unseen. I just get triggered by the infatuation of leaded formula when there’s still so many other variables

especially wild since you can get 14g chips with real metal slugs in them for so cheap, but everyone here hates those.

I understand what you’re saying above about weight difference though, and not wanting to pay the premium sight unseen. I just get triggered by the infatuation of leaded formula when there’s still so many other variables
It’s actually not the weight but the sound that I’m concerned about. I have some ~8.5g/chip TRKs with hotstamps very similar to these and they are some of the worst sounding chips I’ve ever heard — arguably worse than those cheap metal-slugged chips you referenced. I’m sure it’s just my overly sensitive ear, but their particular pitch actually causes me physical discomfort when riffled or shuffled, and as such, I will never use them. Meanwhile, inlaid TRKs of similar weight sound fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've had several PMs asking for parts of the set - my preference would be to keep them together so I'm doing a one time price drop to $11k for the whole set. That will include 3x extra $25s, a couple extra .25 fracs, and dealer button. Will leave this up for another day or so before putting them back in the closet.

I've had several PMs asking for parts of the set - my preference would be to keep them together so I'm doing a one time price drop to $11k for the whole set. That will include 3x extra $25s, a couple extra .25 fracs, and dealer button. Will leave this up for another day or so before putting them back in the closet.
1678834170779.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom