AJo in the little blind (1 Viewer)

Agreed, we're never folding here. We could be coolered by TT or KQ (which we still have a few outs against) but that's life and villain's range is much wider than that (AJ, AT and JT for sure, possibly AK/AQ/combo draw.)

IMO, my villains in the general public tend to hold AK/AQ in this spot vs KQ, TT, AA, but Dr can rep all the above. If stacks were 10x higher, I'd raise to $125 for another evaluation (fold on jam'ish raise) but given the small stacks I'm jamming with way more confidence than doubt. Certainly Dr would bet the same with AJ/AT, but his bet feels like its trying to induce a fold. If Dr held either KQ or a set, a more encouraging bet in the $25 range would have occurred unless the overbet is trying to sell weakness, I dunno the dynamics with you two but most of this thread is tldr for me to figure that out.

David O's hand is so well concealed that the Dr can bet with reckless abandon with any AQ/AK/AT. TT or QJcc less likely but all possible. If Dr has the nuts'ish hand, I wouldn't play Davids hand differently (jam) unless playing very deep.

Edit: If David folded he must never play cards ever again.

Last edited:
Well I guess I get to still play. I did not fold but I will let @DrStrange keep up with the thread. I do not want to spoil the discussion if he wants to keep going!

Level 2 thinking here: What does DavidO think the Dr could be ranging him on here with the donkbet. AJ, JJ, TT and KQ is about all I can range that move on (If I were the Dr). So with that in David's mind... what is the Dr raising with here? Does Dr view David as tight enough to fold better hands other than KQ?

Level 2 thinking here: What does DavidO think the Dr could be ranging him on here with the donkbet. AJ, JJ, TT and KQ is about all I can range that move on (If I were the Dr). So with that in David's mind... what is the Dr raising with here? Does Dr view David as tight enough to fold better hands other than KQ?

I'm not shoving with top two pair... I'm shoving with my FH draw. :eek:

my "not too sharp or educated" opinion is Dr. also pulled 2 pair and doesn't want someone to catch up, I am guessing JT suited based on comments of playing suited connectors earlier. Yes, could have KQs as well and protecting from the flush. Since it sounded like not much left behind, shove.

*** And now, the end ***

Hero shoves, villain calls and tables :kc: :qs:. The turn and river brick leaving Dr.Strange's Broadway as the winner. Hero was worse off than expected because CO folded AJ as well - shocking given she is sitting on $30 with top two pair. So hero is drawing to two outs rather than four.

I posted this hand because I see a couple of interesting spots.

I think it was a fold preflop. AJo is a trouble hand in a raised pot. You never know if you want to hit the ace to beat QQ/KK or hit the jack facing AK/AQ. Even if Hero isn't facing a dominating hand, he will not know that until late in the hand typically winning a smaller pot than paying off a bigger pot. Hero is in worst position in a six way pot playing a hand that normally flops no better than top pair. If I recall correctly AJo is going to make better than one pair one time in thirty or so. All-in-all I thing a sigh/fold is in order - just give up the quarter and the risky hand.

The flop offers Hero a choice - trap or lead out. I lean a little to the check/raise line because I want to get the money in before a nasty turn card comes. There are 14 kings / queens / clubs that Hero is going to hate plus a couple of tens that could be trouble too. Even if the scare card doesn't sink Hero, it could kill his action. So I'd rather try to get $40 each with a flop check raise than wait till the turn to get a big bet in.

I also think the same about KQo. I don't like it when someone else is representing a strong preflop hand because KQo is so easily dominated by many players 3-bet range. Villain would have been in a hard spot if Hero had 3-bet his AJo. That would have been Hero's only 3-bet of the night so it would have been hard to range him with worse than AK/AQ /AA-QQ. I suspect villain folds to a $10 three bet.

DrStrange

Late to the party, but here goes:

1) Fold pre. I don't like playing AJ out of position multi-way, especially against a pre-flop raiser who tends to be on the tight side.
2) As played, I would check raise this flop. If you get three bet, you can (not saying you should) but you can still find a fold if you get a read on Villain.

I know it's over but I had DrStrange on KQ all day as played.

I think DavidO could have solved his problems pre-flop.

1. 3-Bet large with this hand OOP especially against this villain. Make it $8 to go!! I want to rep big strength. Hopefully win pre. If drstrange calls the 3 bet. Fire out once for like 2/3 po then shut down.

2. I can also see just folding AJ pre-flop OOP. It's trouble in raised pots as you are often out pipped by AQ and AK unless you bink your Jay on the flop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom