Cancelled Abbiati 15 chips traveling loan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Abbiati’s won’t need any sanding. They are extremely flat and the soft texture makes them less slick than any plastic chip I have felt. They do pick up hooker juice, which makes them stickier.
What would you most closely relate them to in terms of feel?

@Forty4 - Are you next and still interested? I just got these tonight. I know the GB deadline is the 28th so unlikely I could get to you in time, but could get them out tomorrow.

I found some. Thanks!!

General impression of the chips Mel? Looks like you haven’t changed your order so I’m assuming you are happy with them.

I’m on the fence about placing a small order and won’t have time to sample so looking for opinions. Biggest concern is slippery’ness.

General impression of the chips Mel? Looks like you haven’t changed your order so I’m assuming you are happy with them.

I’m on the fence about placing a small order and won’t have time to sample so looking for opinions. Biggest concern is slippery’ness.

Oh, I've changed my order. Probably 40 times already. But just small changes...yes, I've kept the overall size of my order about the same. I LOVE them. But I'm a plastic chip convert. My favorite plastic chips so far are B&G. But these are a close second, for me. And the design for the tourney chips...holy cow. I'm in love.

I don't find them slippery. But I'm not the best person to ask.

Thank you, yone, for doing this. If it is still an active offer then I am interested in taking a look at them.

I am not participating in the group buy or in any kind of hurry, and will turn them around quickly upon receipt. I have my r4, s2, and v7 on the ready for comparison!

Thank you, yone, for doing this. If it is still an active offer then I am interested in taking a look at them.

I am not participating in the group buy or in any kind of hurry, and will turn them around quickly upon receipt. I have my r4, s2, and v7 on the ready for comparison!
Added to the list!

Thank you! I wish my timing was always so fortuitous. Reply sent.

I watched the video of your test with great interest. In the end, what are your conclusions about the process? Will you do it all over your set?

I had to read that you waited for other chips to multiply the tests. In any case, I am eagerly waiting to hear the report.
So my final process is wet sanding with 1500 grit (about 4-5 seconds each side). But for some reason, the wet sanding fades parts of the chip. So I lightly oiled them and they are fantastic. Dry sanding doesn’t have the fading effect.
I like the wet sanding because the paper lasts longer, which means more consistency for me. Also, with wet sanding the chips come out grippier. Even if I wipe the dust off with a damp paper towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom