SOLD A Herd of Unicorns (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold a couple racks of these a few years ago. I could have sworn they were clay. Even had flea bites. Very light, about 7g. Came from here....

http://www.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=MDBEBF

UNI2.jpgUNI5.jpgUNI3.jpgUNI1.jpg

Anybody here willing to re-ship a rack of these internationally for me? I have a buyer who wants a rack, but I'm not currently willing to go the international route. PM me if you're up for it.

I'll also put a note in the original post.

So what's everyone doing with these that buys them?
I'm going to be using them for D&D gold markers. My party is notoriously bad at keeping track of their gold, I like handing things out to reel in the less involved players (our wives lol), and I won't mind them holding onto them between sessions

I kind of regret not getting some of these earlier.
Would love some pics of final results once you guys do something cool with them.

Bump. Updated the inventory after a sale fell through. Some whites back on the table.

Someone please buy these. Offers will be considered. I could be convinced to sell them all for cheap.

Most of this mold are definitely plastic. That being said there are some that ae definitely not. at my request @AfterTheFact set one he had on fire that was plastic and the plastic dripped as you would expect. The ones I had found listed in the above story were not plastic. When we tried to burn it, the video showed and entirely different reaction and they did not really burn . When we presented David Spragg from the chip board that info, he did some digging and did say that one of the manufacturers did use this mold for a very short time trying to get into the clay chip market. I will see if I can find that response in some old archives.
There have been three different versions of unicorn mold chips.

John Kendall, former General Manager of Burt Co., purchased the Burt assets and used them to produce compression clay unicorn mold chips.

When Kendall started Chipco International (and sold the old Burt assets to Jim Blanchard (who started ASM -- Atlantic Standard Molding), he converted the unicorn mold and began manufacturing injection-molded plastic unicorn mold chips, along with ceramic chips.

Once Chipco was disolved, the Game-On Chip Company (GOCC, ran by former Chipco employees) began producing similar ceramics and also plastic injection-molded unicorn chips.

Anyone who wants these, feel free to reach out. I'll go lower on the price. Just let me know what you want. Otherwise, they're destined for the trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom