8V Compression Clay Blowout Sale (2 Viewers)

I believe what people are describing as Honeycomb racks are Bourgogne et Grasset octagon shapped racks that are made for 43mm chips.

Only link to purchase I found doing a quick search was here: https://pokerchiplounge.com/acrylic-chip-tray-with-lid-for-43mm-size-poker-chips.html

I'm sure others could share more sources to get these from. I have no knowledge whether they will fit the 8V's barrel wise.

Based on some quick searches, this was a good price for these honeycomb racks ($2/rack if you use top/bottom as 2 racks).
BUT - these don't fit twenty 8Vs to a barrel. They only fit 19 8V chips.

:oops:

Honeycomb racks on Amazon at 11 bucks a piece (5.50 a rack). I got these in eBay for cheaper and the prices do fluctuate. Search for honeycomb poker trays.
510CFC5F-BC3E-4A2D-AB10-49442CBC7084.jpeg
F22F46EC-40ED-43C6-9A5B-6F54CE28EED3.jpeg
7F5BADE6-3A87-4B13-BC21-61A50E9C6C3F.jpeg

Honeycomb racks on Amazon at 11 bucks a piece (5.50 a rack). I got these in eBay for cheaper and the prices do fluctuate. Search for honeycomb poker trays.

Yep - been looking, but didn't want to spend $11/rack.

When I saw the post from Tater, I thought - boom, there they are.
The only other place I saw close to this price for honeycomb racks was on AliExpress.
The racks from Pokerchiplounge.com were local shipping vs shipping from China with a larger min order.

@SeanGecko
Can you give me the outside measurements of your racks?

Last edited:

The only other place I saw close to this price for honeycomb racks was on AliExpress.
The racks from Pokerchiplounge.com were local shipping vs shipping from China with a larger min order.

As stated in my post I was only doing a cursory search and providing a link for what people were calling Honeycomb racks. I stated that I had no knowledge whether they would actually fit the 8V's. Sorry if you thought I was recommending them. :(

As stated in my post I was only doing a cursory search and providing a link for what people were calling Honeycomb racks. I stated that I had no knowledge whether they would actually fit the 8V's. Sorry if you thought I was recommending them. :(

No worries!
I saw the post a couple weeks ago while continuing to look for an additional rack solution. I thought, "Damn, that post sure flew under the radar". ;)

@SeanGecko
Can you give me the outside measurements of your racks?
I’ll try to get a measurement tonight after work.

Unfortunately I can't post photos. ABC agreed to print the label I wanted as long as I didn't post photos online. I can assure you that they're awesome though, and you can see them in person if you're ever in Denver! The look and feel of the chips and labels is really amazing for the price. I'll give this hint as to the design: I have 1,000 of the blue chips and the label design is based on my favorite sports team from my hometown aka the Gateway to the West. :cool
I've got a stack of these on my desk right now, and I especially wish I could post a photo of them today! ...for some reason. ;)

Are the chips in the OP still available...or has this ship sailed???
I think Gene may have select colors available. Other than that, you'll have to place a wanted ad (after you reach the 10 post benchmark), and see if you can track some down. I'm very happy with mine. In my experience, they are the best of the china clays to stack and handle. Good luck in your search, and welcome to PCF!
1572912045028.png

Thanks! I joined up to see if I could add to my originals....I bought 300 blues years ago. I want another 300, but I might just buy up 600 browns since they are so cheap and use the blues as $10 chips. Also, that frees up my 2 racks of ASM's to offload to someone that will use them. You dig those browns you got??? I'll be buying as the workhorse in a limit game.

Do a want ad for colors and people will show up. Prob have to spend a bit more for some colors, but these are the best China clays IMO. They are worth it and a huge set won't cost you much. I sold my sets for .15 a chip

I will say, not handled the royals... but they are about 3-4 times the price. I've heard they are fantastic tho...

I think Gene may have select colors available. Other than that, you'll have to place a wanted ad (after you reach the 10 post benchmark), and see if you can track some down. I'm very happy with mine. In my experience, they are the best of the china clays to stack and handle. Good luck in your search, and welcome to PCF!
View attachment 362176

These easily feel the most like real clay of all the readily available CC. I have not handled the royals or CPS for full disclosure. Mine also didn’t have the typical CC smell to them either.

These easily feel the most like real clay of all the readily available CC. I have not handled the royals or CPS for full disclosure. Mine also didn’t have the typical CC smell to them either.
Majestics, Dunes, and Pharaohs all feel very similar. The Royals, for some reason, feel softer, and are less slippery. The CC's that feel and sound the most like real compressed clay are the spirit molds, but unfortunately, they are terribly brittle. @SeanGecko could pipe in on this. He's played with both extensively.

You are doomed on racks fyi unless you get the honeycomb ones. the 8V handle great. And fantastic price. Excellent for a starter set too. Go 8v
I was actually just going thru my old dusty chips and found I have several racks that fit these! I also have an old carousel that my grandma had....and we used when she taught me to play cards. So, to that end, I am good. I just need to decide if I am going to unload my ASM's or not.

@grebe, i just noticed your avatar. Apparently, you know what spirit mold china clays are like. What's your opinion on them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom