Tourney 81 players 3 tables (3days) (1 Viewer)

JLApoker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I recently hosted my first tourney 27 players 3 tables went well for first time, about the have my second tourney same structure! Here is the question , I want to organize an 81 player tourney but I only have three tables that fit 9per table! My thinking was day 1. 27players till there is 9 left (same for day 2 n 3) day 4 get the 27 remaining players to get the winner (was also thinking on day three have the 9 from day 1 n 2 ready to go once we are down to 9 players on day 3 but don’t know bout that) so how would the blinds work when the last 27 players Star day 4?

I recently hosted my first tourney 27 players 3 tables went well for first time, about the have my second tourney same structure! Here is the question , I want to organize an 81 player tourney but I only have three tables that fit 9per table! My thinking was day 1. 27players till there is 9 left (same for day 2 n 3) day 4 get the 27 remaining players to get the winner (was also thinking on day three have the 9 from day 1 n 2 ready to go once we are down to 9 players on day 3 but don’t know bout that) so how would the blinds work when the last 27 players Star day 4?
You have a couple options IMO.

You okay a certain number of levels that ensure you get down to 9 or less on each day, then combine whatever is left on day 2.

Or you play down to 9 each day and start day 2 at the lowest blind level reached to do so. So some groups might have their blinds rolled back.

day 1. 27players till there is 9 left (same for day 2 n 3) day 4 get the 27 remaining players to get the winner

how would the blinds work when the last 27 players start day 4?
Record the ending blind levels for day 1, day 2, and day 3. Start all day 4 players at the largest blind level of the three.

I would also do a random redraw of seats for the three tables on day 4, along with a redraw once down to two tables (18 players) and again for the final table (per standard tournament rules).

Record the ending blind levels for day 1, day 2, and day 3. Start all day 4 players at the largest blind level of the three.

I would also do a random redraw of seats for the three tables on day 4, along with a redraw once down to two tables (18 players) and again for the final table (per standard tournament rules).
Ok… I like that idea

You will be able to find 81 players that are willing and able to play a tournament over multiple days? That is impressive. :tup:
Well…. We will see … I want to try that on the 5th tourney….. right now I’m about to have my 2nd one and build a network for the 5th

I will do a redraw for beginning of 4th day , but not when breaking up third table on day 4 … I will use what I’ve come to know as the big blind seat assignment to break up third table! But will redraw for final table! Thxxxx 4 d input

You will be able to find 81 players that are willing and able to play a tournament over multiple days? That is impressive. :tup:
Agreed. I'd like to add, 27 player 3 table tourney is also freakin' sweet dude.

What are the other details? How long did it run? What was the buy-in? What was the prize structure? Any footage from the tournament?

614A9EC5-367B-4A34-9DCF-5DAA747179EB.jpeg

$500 pesos Mexico(bout $20) starting stack 20,000points (rebuys till level 5)(one add on on 1st break…. 2 options 1($500 /20,000points) or 2 ($750 /40,000points)
Pa you 1-4 40%,30%,20%,10%

Good times dude!!
Good times dude!

Here's a suggestion: look into The Tournament Director software. Much more customizable than the timer you are using. I used that same one for earlier STTs I ran. TTD is way better, but be prepared to spend a long time customizing it to get it just right, if that's your thing. It has some useful "out-of-the-box" stuff, but I'm a tinkerer, so I got it set up just how I like it.

Man, 81 players? I'd be over the moon if I had a list of 27 regs interested in coming out.

I'd be extremely happy with 8 reg.s + 1 (me)! I'd be over the moon with a 2 table tourney, 17 reg.s + me.

I'd be extremely happy with 8 reg.s + 1 (me)! I'd be over the moon with a 2 table tourney, 17 reg.s + me.
I actually agree with this too. Before covid, I was struggling to get at least 6 to show up for a game. Now that games are starting up again there are a bunch of people dying to play ;)

Man, 81 players? I'd be over the moon if I had a list of 27 regs interested in coming out.
Reviving this thread to comment on this.

This is absolutely nuts to me. How can you have 81 players interested in your home game? That's awesome

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom